Audeze SINE Series
Oct 2, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #2,686 of 4,774

​why are you critical of my statement? I wasn't talking about your beloved iPhone, I was attempting to answer one members question regarding another members statement. Unfortunately you seem too eager to defend an inanimate object instead of thoroughly reading a post before passing judgement.

Because you are so critical of iPhone which I happened to like as many others do apparently... Why you so critical of iPhone?

I don't mean to be aggressive towards you, but I did find your post quite offensive. It is just your opinion and stating it in such condescending way is offensive to me. I like iPhone. I like its camera and audio players features. I find them convenient and to me they perform up to my expectations. Your post could be appropriate in the iPhone thread maybe... I don't want to read in the Sine thread your patronizing post about how bad my iPhone is... I hope you can see my point...

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,687 of 4,774

Because you are so critical of iPhone which I happened to like as many others do apparently... Why you so critical of iPhone?

I don't mean to be aggressive towards you, but I did find your post quite offensive. It is just your opinion and stating it in such condescending way is offensive to me. I like iPhone. I like its camera and audio players features. I find them convenient and to me they perform up to my expectations. Your post could be appropriate in the iPhone thread maybe... I don't want to read in the Sine thread your patronizing post about how bad my iPhone is... I hope you can see my point...

Try reading and comprehending what the topic was about. I could give a toss about any phone, and if you can find a quote stating my disdain for your precious inanimate object, please feel free to refresh my memory. If not ​            ​      ...

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,688 of 4,774

Let me try to clear the air, if I can. Captblaze was not criticizing iPhone, or any other phone. He was trying to speculate what high-end-addict meant in his comment. He is the one who probably was criticizing the iPhone and iOS. You really should be addressing him.

Let's all take a deep breath :D:D , and may be ... discuss the weather :wink:

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #2,689 of 4,774

This thread is about SINE so I wanted to make it clear that to me SINE + IPHONE it is not the best mobile solution which I thought it was when I first bought them.
I now prefer -by far- ASTELL&KERN + IEMs .

This is my point:
I prefer Quality stand alone products to mediocre all-in-one.

And -writing this- I am listening music through AUDEZE SINE / BURSON AIR / MACBOOK AIR

Sunny weather over Paris.

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #2,690 of 4,774

This thread is about SINE so I wanted to make it clear that to me SINE + IPHONE it is not the best mobile solution which I thought it was when I first bought them.
I now prefer -by far- ASTELL&KERN + IEMs .

This is my point:
I prefer Quality stand alone products to mediocre all-in-one.

And -writing this- I am listening music through AUDEZE SINE / BURSON AIR / MACBOOK AIR

Sunny weather over Paris.

I think portability is very personalized. For instance, IEM's of any kind are extremely uncomfortable to me; so uncomfortable that my girlfriend now uses my Noble K10's for her daily workouts. 

I don't find the SINE even slightly heavy and I've used them on 12+ hour flights with no discomfort. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #2,692 of 4,774

Yes I did and dowloaded the equalizer app too. A very good audio product , good loudness, not refined but can suit requirements especially in a noisy environment. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #2,693 of 4,774

I don't find the SINE even slightly heavy and I've used them on 12+ hour flights with no discomfort. 

When I have long flights I use my BOSE QC15 because I just love the silent sphere it creates around me and because its strengthen my feeling of personal environment in a small noisy and crowdy place like  plane.  Cocooning is at its best with Bose...

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #2,694 of 4,774
Just got a Pono balanced cable and have upgraded the SINE to my bedroom set.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2,695 of 4,774
My desktop setup with Sine

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #2,696 of 4,774

When I have long flights I use my BOSE QC15 because I just love the silent sphere it creates around me and because its strengthen my feeling of personal environment in a small noisy and crowdy place like  plane.  Cocooning is at its best with Bose...

I use my Etymotic HF5, which unlike Bose can block off baby cries at close quarters
smily_headphones1.gif
. I am probably lucky to have less than average discomfort with the triple flange eartips on long flights.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #2,697 of 4,774
Did you try the iPhone with Cypher cable? Just curious if it still sound mediocre to you.

Compared to more powerful amps, the cipher sounds congested with slightly less resolution. It is also probably a bit warmer than Cayin C5, even with the bass boost on. However, cipher has a good timbre in the cymbals and piano sounds. They sound kind of smooth and rounded.

Oct 5, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #2,698 of 4,774
Hi,
Is there anybody out there with Apple Pencil with female to female lightning connector?
I found that Sine>cipher>adapter>lightning to usb>macbook could work

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,699 of 4,774
  Hi,
Is there anybody out there with Apple Pencil with female to female lightning connector?
I found that Sine>cipher>adapter>lightning to usb>macbook could work

Already tried that. Didn't work. Macbook complains about 'USB device drawing too much current'. Tried using a USB hub to provide more power to cipher, still didn't work. I have switched over to Cayin C5 and Fiio E12 for macbook setup, and I don't miss the cipher any longer 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #2,700 of 4,774

Already tried that. Didn't work. Macbook complains about 'USB device drawing too much current'. Tried using a USB hub to provide more power to cipher, still didn't work. I have switched over to Cayin C5 and Fiio E12 for macbook setup, and I don't miss the cipher any longer 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for respond. Is it annoying to change between 3.5mm and cipher whenever portable or on the go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back