Audeze SINE Series
May 23, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,232 of 4,783
I'm buying a portable pair of planars and I'm torn between these and the oppo pm3... any advice?

If you read back through the many pages of this post you'll see plenty of comparisons, with most (roughly) coming out in favor of the SINE, although there's a bias given the topic of this thread. To help with this process you can use "search this thread" and put in "PM3" to see those conversations. Cheers 

May 23, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #1,233 of 4,783
I'm buying a portable pair of planars and I'm torn between these and the oppo pm3... any advice?

The PM3 are also quite good, and based on reading here, significantly more comfortable. If you have ever had comfort issues with on-ear, and hope to wear headphones for extended periods of time comfort should be a big part of your decision making process. After all, who cares how good something sounds if you can't wear them right? I'm not saying that is a fact with the Sine, but there is no doubt they are less comfortable than the PM3, that is guaranteed as death and taxes.

May 24, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #1,235 of 4,783
  The PM3 are also quite good, and based on reading here, significantly more comfortable. If you have ever had comfort issues with on-ear, and hope to wear headphones for extended periods of time comfort should be a big part of your decision making process. After all, who cares how good something sounds if you can't wear them right? I'm not saying that is a fact with the Sine, but there is no doubt they are less comfortable than the PM3, that is guaranteed as death and taxes.

I would agree the comfort is better on the PM-3 but for me that is where the PM-3 enjoyment stops when compared to the SINE. Do you own the SINE or the PM-3? I am asking because I don't see them in your profile. I am curious about the SQ of your B&O H7? My go to Bluetooth is the M2 so I am curious about the H7.

May 24, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,236 of 4,783
Yeah I had a co-worker try to guilt me for lamb skin shoes. I bowed down to her cow leather shoes and said "moooo"

I am not quite sure why folks care about others business. Each person has their right to eat or buy anything they wish, as long as it it legal, or not to eat or buy what they wish. I would never force my opinion on someone else. Now back to headphones!

May 24, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,237 of 4,783
  I would agree the comfort is better on the PM-3 but for me that is where the PM-3 enjoyment stops when compared to the SINE. Do you own the SINE or the PM-3? I am asking because I don't see them in your profile. I am curious about the SQ of your B&O H7? My go to Bluetooth is the M2 so I am curious about the H7.

I owned the PM3 driven balanced via an Onkyo DP-X1 (it is listed in my profile in past headphones). The sound quality of the H7 is why I sold both the PM3 and the DP-X1 and haven't had a moments regret since, in fact I'm glad. No more wires, great sound quality. What more could I ask for?

May 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,238 of 4,783
Does anyone have experience with replacing Audeze stuff via warranty?
I pmed Audeze here on headfi, they said within 1 year, if an accessory/cable breaks they can replace it for free.
I read around Audeze puts a 3 year warranty on the drivers and stuff on headphones. Plus they will add another 3 years on the new replaced drivers etc.

Sounds pretty neat!
I snooped around for some background information on the company!

"Audeze was started in 2008 by Sankar and Alexander. From humble beginnings making headphones at night and weekends in a garage, Audeze grew to be the leader in planar magnetic technology headphones. “As we grew in size we realized we needed to devote more time to our business and its structure,” said Thiagasamudram. “Alex bravely volunteered to be the first to leave his day job and spend a few years as CEO in 2013. He put together deals with several DJs and studios and helped set up sales channels. We appreciate Alex’s efforts and are pleased
that he will continue as a shareholder and that he’s inked a deal with us for manufacturing and distribution support.”
As a co-founder Sankar helped Audeze grow from a bootstrap startup to a thriving business with seed capital and series-A funding."

May 24, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #1,239 of 4,783
Well, after way too much thought and second guessing, I purchased the Mojo to use with my Sine headphones.  My very uneducated simple first impression is that I can turn the volume up on my Mojo louder than I can take.  It will get uncomfortably loud with the Sines.  Its louder than my older desktop system.  

...that is all.

May 25, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #1,240 of 4,783
  Does anyone have experience with replacing Audeze stuff via warranty?
I pmed Audeze here on headfi, they said within 1 year, if an accessory/cable breaks they can replace it for free.
I read around Audeze puts a 3 year warranty on the drivers and stuff on headphones. Plus they will add another 3 years on the new replaced drivers etc.

Sounds pretty neat!
I snooped around for some background information on the company!

"Audeze was started in 2008 by Sankar and Alexander. From humble beginnings making headphones at night and weekends in a garage, Audeze grew to be the leader in planar magnetic technology headphones. “As we grew in size we realized we needed to devote more time to our business and its structure,” said Thiagasamudram. “Alex bravely volunteered to be the first to leave his day job and spend a few years as CEO in 2013. He put together deals with several DJs and studios and helped set up sales channels. We appreciate Alex’s efforts and are pleased
that he will continue as a shareholder and that he’s inked a deal with us for manufacturing and distribution support.”
As a co-founder Sankar helped Audeze grow from a bootstrap startup to a thriving business with seed capital and series-A funding."

Just to clarify; per the user guide from Audeze, warranty is three years on the drivers and one year on everything else and "All warranty replacements are guaranteed for 90 days or until the conclusion of the Warranty Period of the original Audeze Product, whichever period is greater." If you want to know about their warranty/customer service, take a look through the LCD-3 thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/588429/audeze-lcd-3-impressions-thread). Other than having to get something fixed in the first place or the reality of having to wait for things to be shipped to/from, the service is exemplary.

May 25, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,241 of 4,783
  Totally agree with @gonzfi - the Mojo powers the SINE's just fine. Heck, the Mojo can power my LCD-3F's. Now the Mojo sounds even better if you hook it to a really good amp like the Cavalli LC or the ALO CDM, but that's only for refinement and if you're looking to run up the merry-go-round that is this hobby. Cheers 

Exactly, I've been using my LCD-2.2 with the mojo with much higher satisfaction than, say for example my Woo Audio WA7 desktop amp which I feel a little distortion at higher levels.

I EQ a little 3db bass boost around the 40Hz area and it's very nice!

This ^ Mojo is one of the most powerful portable amps out, can drive almost anything. 

Yup!

Well, after way too much thought and second guessing, I purchased the Mojo to use with my Sine headphones.  My very uneducated simple first impression is that I can turn the volume up on my Mojo louder than I can take.  It will get uncomfortably loud with the Sines.  Its louder than my older desktop system.  

...that is all.

Not so portable but I really doubt the cypher cable can match the mojo both in power and sq. Plus you can use it with you computer.

May 25, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,243 of 4,783
May 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,244 of 4,783
Does anybody know if they make balanced Pono cables, like the EL-8?

May 25, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,245 of 4,783
  Does anybody know if they make balanced Pono cables, like the EL-8?

http://www.moon-audio.com/audeze-sine-balanced-cable-for-pono-sony-pha-3.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back