Audeze SINE Series
May 14, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #1,156 of 4,783
An additional comment:

Switching back iand forth comparing songs through Tidal

Cipher very good but when compared to Sony nw-zx2
You immediately hear that the song through the Sony is much more substantial and smooth
The difference in bass is noteworthy
The character of the instruments is impressive
They are much more in their own space
The bass is defined and crisp

When I listened to Linda Ronstadt singing Blue Bayou connected to the Sony and Tidal, it was much closer to the visceral impact I get when listening to this song through my stereo
It has some of the characteristics in bass definition when you compare a vinyl recording of this song to a cd in a high end home stereo system
Almost as if you are hearing the vinyl version; Not quite at the level of vinyl but noticeably closer

When you turn up the iPhone to match the bass on the Sony, you hear a brighter but less defined and pleasing bass production

Still impressed with Cipher
Very happy with this purchase

loads of MSG for the sony player i guess.  

May 15, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #1,157 of 4,783
AUNE B1 amp power these puppies well based on spec. ?

4000ma Battery
10hrs Playback @ 20mA setting
5hrs Playback @ 40mA setting
Impedance: 16-300ohms
Size: 65x110x18 mm
Weight: 230g
Typ THD+n < 0.0008% @1kHz 600RZ/-0dB
SNR > 124dBA @ 600RZ
Flatness +/- 0.15dB @ 10Hz - 20kHz
Crosstalk < 110dB @ 1kHz 600Rz
ClassA: 25mW/16ohm 500mW/32ohm 100mW/300ohm

May 15, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #1,158 of 4,783
How do these fare with Dark Ambient, like Lustmord to stuff like Bohren & Der Club of Gore, and prog, like king crimson, camel etc?  I saw them mentioned by several people in the metal thread but would be looking for an all purpose can that can do that stuff, as well as some classical and jazz

May 15, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #1,159 of 4,783
AUNE B1 amp power these puppies well based on spec. ?

[COLOR=000000]4000ma Battery

10hrs Playback @ 20mA setting

5hrs Playback @ 40mA

ClassA: 25mW/16ohm 500mW/32ohm 100mW/300ohm[/COLOR]

These are 20ohm, req'd 500mW to 1W. Looks like the Aune is current limited, so getting 500mW may not happen. But Audeze is always like 6dB (4x) higher than calculations would indicate. To be super safe, I'd try the Cipher cable or a Cayin C5. But the Aune should probably reach 120 dB peaks.

May 15, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,160 of 4,783
Foobar 2000 is an app that can be downloaded fromiTunes; it holds itself out as an advanced media player. I think that you can download the software for PC and other non-iPhone devices if you search for foobar2000.
Michael Piskor wrote a very interesting review of the audeze sine on Headfonics
I hope that there is no objection from head-fi.org, Mr. Piskor or headfonics.com in my referencing the url for the review http://headfonics.com/2016/04/the-sine-by-audeze/
He highly recommends downloading
the "free Bauersterophonic DSP for Foobar2000 and enjoy the Meier preset to the fullest."

I downloaded and concur with Mr. Piskor's assessment. It does make a positive improvement.

Thx. I use Foobar on pc since ages, but I didn't know there was a version for iPhone (even if I always dreamed about it).
Regarding crossfeed, I have never been impressed by them. For me a good mix sounds perfectly on headphones without alteration.

May 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,161 of 4,783
Ouch. This morning I just got an earful from an animal activist. This girl came to me at a table outside a cafe shop. She asked me what Brand my headphones were. Since the Sines dont have Audeze written on it. I told her it was Audeze Sine. I was thinking she might've liked the design. But she said she believes in Animal Rights and She wants to sue Audeze for harming animals for their leather. I told her the leather is synthetic (though the leather is real I think on external earcups). She said it looks like real leather and that she would get her friends and skin Audeze employees and I should ashamed of supporting such a company.

Anyhow I ignored her and walked off :frowning2:
Crazy people

May 15, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,162 of 4,783
Ouch. This morning I just got an earful from an animal activist. This girl came to me at a table outside a cafe shop. She asked me what Brand my headphones were. Since the Sines dont have Audeze written on it. I told her it was Audeze Sine. I was thinking she might've liked the design. But she said she believes in Animal Rights and She wants to sue Audeze for harming animals for their leather. I told her the leather is synthetic (though the leather is real I think on external earcups). She said it looks like real leather and that she would get her friends and skin Audeze employees and I should ashamed of supporting such a company.

Anyhow I ignored her and walked off :frowning2:
Crazy people

You sure it wasn't the pimp/pimptress fox fur coat you were wearing under the Sines? You should've told her that your walking pimp cane has genuine exotic snake skin, too. :wink:

May 15, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,163 of 4,783
You sure it wasn't the pimp/pimptress fox fur coat you were wearing under the Sines? You should've told her that your walking pimp cane has genuine exotic snake skin, too. :wink:

Lol Im pretty sure her Michael Kors purse is also made of real leather. Probably.

Im interested now how comfy would Snake Skin or Fox fur be on earcups and headphone outer skin of headband etc.

May 15, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #1,164 of 4,783

Anyhow I ignored her and walked off
frown.gif

Crazy people

Yeah, been there before. I used to work for DuPont during college as a coop. I was wearing a jacket with their oval logo on it one day and a girl marched up to me and accused me of being unethical for working for a chemical company. She huffed off in a cloud of self-righteousness before I had the chance to tell her that I was part of a group that had just invented a new waste-reduction process that was going to take tons and tons of waste out of a process that made products that she used every day. Oh well, she wouldn't have wanted to hear it anyway - most people with that type of approach are not really open to two-way communication...

May 15, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,165 of 4,783
Lol Im pretty sure her Michael Kors purse is also made of real leather. Probably.

Im interested now how comfy would Snake Skin or Fox fur be on earcups and headphone outer skin of headband etc.

Should have said it was baby harp seal leather and that you clubbed it yourself while on vacation in Northern Canada. Would have been worth the fib just for the reaction. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,166 of 4,783
Yeah, been there before. I used to work for DuPont during college as a coop. I was wearing a jacket with their oval logo on it one day and a girl marched up to me and accused me of being unethical for working for a chemical company. She huffed off in a cloud of self-righteousness before I had the chance to tell her that I was part of a group that had just invented a new waste-reduction process that was going to take tons and tons of waste out of a process that made products that she used every day. Oh well, she wouldn't have wanted to hear it anyway - most people with that type of approach are not really open to two-way communication...

They definitely are not open to communication. That sounds like a neat job though.

I'm surprised none of Peta or anyone has gone after B&W P series or sennheiser Momentum for the sheepskin lol

May 15, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,167 of 4,783

I'm in between these extremes, but I agree with you, we need to be open to different perspectives. I think the meat industry is disgusting, but I don't think eating meat is wrong, I just wish we could be better to the animals with how we treat them before and when we slaughter them. So to your point, while I am very concerned with animal cruelty in the food/clothing industry, I would be interested and open to proposals to reduce/eliminate suffering to the animals. Black and white thinking is not very inclusive so I do try to listen and learn from other perspectives.

May 15, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #1,168 of 4,783
Is it possible we can keep to headphones and not personal agendas? I am sure there are many forums for topics on animal products. :rolleyes:

May 15, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #1,169 of 4,783
Personally I really like that Audeze has vegan friendly options. Though the above might've been venturing a little off topic, I think it's still a worthwhile discussion to discuss the ethics of the companies we support.

May 15, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #1,170 of 4,783
Is it possible we can keep to headphones and not personal agendas? I am sure there are many forums for topics on animal products.
rolleyes.gif

What? This is Head-Fi! The thread topics are only there as rough suggestions. 
wink_face.gif

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled programming... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back