Audeze SINE Series
May 11, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,126 of 4,783
yes it does get better in comfort after more or less than 10 hours wearing them. i had bad comfort because of the clamping force first. but from second day on they disapear on my head.

May 11, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #1,127 of 4,783
Surprised at the lack of full-length reviews for these still 
confused.gif

May 11, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,129 of 4,783
No idea because i never had comfort issues to begin with, sorry.

May 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,131 of 4,783
Maybe the lucky ones are too busy enjoying the Sine :wink: I wish there were some too!

I'm really enjoying the Sines alot!
Just been killing a lot of times relistening to favorite songs and they all sound stellar on this.
Hehe I'm adjusting to the sine headband pretty quick. My first night with the sines were really rough (pun intended) after a couple of headband bends and readjustment the second day is much better. :)

May 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,132 of 4,783
  Could I ask you guys that have had their Sine's for a little while, does the comfort get better after you have worn for them for a bit? I have tried stretching the head band as has been suggested but they still clamp quite a bit. I am loving the sound so I want to hold onto them if I can.

Thanks

Upon recommendation from Audeze support, I stretched the headband several times, until the clamping force was "just right".  I found if I tried to put the Sines into the supplied carry-bag that it would squeeze them right back to the original clamping force.  So, I now have a new 10" x 10" (medium) headphone bag from http://goodcans.com  This bag is large enough to allow my Sines to maintain their stretched position.

May 11, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,133 of 4,783
I'm really enjoying the Sines alot!
Just been killing a lot of times relistening to favorite songs and they all sound stellar on this.
Hehe I'm adjusting to the sine headband pretty quick. My first night with the sines were really rough (pun intended) after a couple of headband bends and readjustment the second day is much better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to hear. Mine show up tomorrow.

Did you end up ordering a new case, so they don't scratch?

May 11, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #1,134 of 4,783
I would say for on the go, the case is a most.  Because even in the bag if the move around a lot there is a good chance they can scratch.  I think Audeze should have included  travel case with the headphones especially when the metal parts can touch.  Maybe it was a cost issue but i think for the people that travel a lot a case is a most.

May 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,135 of 4,783
  Quote:
  Glad to hear. Mine show up tomorrow.

Did you end up ordering a new case, so they don't scratch?

Yep!! I got this case! I got this over the EL-8 portable case. because of the same day delivery so I won't have to wait! It fits the headphone perfectly and prevents earcups from hitting each other.
Comes with a inside pouch to protect the cables too!
http://www.amazon.com/MDR-XB950AP-MDR-XB950BT-MDR-ZX750BN-Around-Ear-headphones/dp/B00U3QPJZW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

But you can also get the Audeze EL-8 portable case!
https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/el-8-travel-case

Hope you enjoy your headphones tomorrow

May 12, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,137 of 4,783
    Quote:
Yep!! I got this case! I got this over the EL-8 portable case. because of the same day delivery so I won't have to wait! It fits the headphone perfectly and prevents earcups from hitting each other.
Comes with a inside pouch to protect the cables too!
http://www.amazon.com/MDR-XB950AP-MDR-XB950BT-MDR-ZX750BN-Around-Ear-headphones/dp/B00U3QPJZW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

But you can also get the Audeze EL-8 portable case!
https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/el-8-travel-case

Hope you enjoy your headphones tomorrow

I got the same case yesterday, and the Sines fit perfectly.  I do have to remove the cipher cable, however and place it in the pouch.  But the headphones are well protected, and the ear cups don't hit each other. 

May 12, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #1,139 of 4,783
Sine delivered today.
A good while back I had a remarkable pair of stax headphones.
Generally listen to audio with my speaker system.

Listening to the sine at work and at home for only a short period of time, I am pretty impressed.
There is a touch of brightness in the upper end while listening to my iPhone 6 Plus playing some rock and classical on Tidal with the cipher connection. Not sure this will change with time. Will see.
Listened very briefly using dragonfly red connected to iPhone on Tidal. The cipher connection sounded much better to me.

Overall pleased.

May 12, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #1,140 of 4,783
Sine delivered today.
A good while back I had a remarkable pair of stax headphones.
Generally listen to audio with my speaker system.

Listening to the sine at work and at home for only a short period of time, I am pretty impressed.
There is a touch of brightness in the upper end while listening to my iPhone 6 Plus playing some rock and classical on Tidal with the cipher connection. Not sure this will change with time. Will see.
Listened very briefly using dragonfly red connected to iPhone on Tidal. The cipher connection sounded much better to me.

Overall pleased.

Got mine today too. The Cipher absolutely sounds better than the regular cable + Dragonfly Red (which makes me happy, as it's one less thing to transport around).

Definitely has more bass than PM-3...but not ready to proclaim it runs circles around PM-3 or is heaps more fun or anything like that. I do like the sound signature better. I'll need to do several more listens to really get down to the specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back