Audeze SINE Series
May 5, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,021 of 4,783
  I have the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and while it's brilliant with the Sine on my iPhone 6S+, it kinda sucks on Android, even less powerful than the headphone jack on my Edge 7.

After some reading about the Dragonfly, another user of the S7 claims the drivers aren't working for android and it requires 3rd party software such as USB audio player pro to working. I was looking at the Audioquest description and it claimed it was fully compatible with android. Hopefully Audioquest updates the Dragonfly to fix this issue.

May 6, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,022 of 4,783
Audeze is moving away from their in-house signature products like the LCD series.

I feel Introducing LCD-4 is a good move, but SINE & EL series have downgraded sound quality when compared to LCD's. This kinds of tarnishes Audeze's image & so far EL8 was a disappointment to many.

May 6, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #1,023 of 4,783
Sine is the first Audeze phone I like, both due to SQ and size / weight / efficiency . Different people, different strokes...

May 6, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #1,024 of 4,783
  Audeze is moving away from their in-house signature products like the LCD series.

I feel Introducing LCD-4 is a good move, but SINE & EL series have downgraded sound quality when compared to LCD's. This kinds of tarnishes Audeze's image & so far EL8 was a disappointment to many.

You know they re-voiced EL8 line ? Also LCD line have had recent tweaks/SQ improvements (not sure about LCD-X).

May 6, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #1,025 of 4,783

I think you may be missing the point that the SINE *is* a signature product for Audeze, though certainly not in the same way the LCD-4 or preceding LCDs were. Putting together a relatively compact planar magnetic that, by all accounts, is highly competitive at the price point is a tremendous achievement by itself. Add to that the Cipher cable that allows Audeze to choose a DAC/amp that pairs well and offers incredibly attractive packaging (no more piggybacking!), then get all of that into Apple stores? That's a huge deal both for Audeze and consumers on the fringes of, or just outside, traditional audiophile territory. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SINE makes more money for Audeze and brings more customers to the brand than the LCD-4.

I'm not sure how expecting the sound quality of the SINE to be on the same level of any the LCD series, at two to eight times the cost, makes sense? 

May 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #1,026 of 4,783
Yes, agree. I don't know why you'd look at a reference-level, flagship open-back headphone...then at a compact, closed one intended for portable...and compare/complain about the sound quality. It's clearly NOT intended to carry the torch of things like LCD, and instead complement the line and expand their offering.

May 6, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,028 of 4,783
  Yes, agree. I don't know why you'd look at a reference-level, flagship open-back headphone...then at a compact, closed one intended for portable...and compare/complain about the sound quality. It's clearly NOT intended to carry the torch of things like LCD, and instead complement the line and expand their offering.

Totally agree. I own both the SINE and LCD-3F's and love them both, but for different reasons and uses. Also agree with the post that said that Audeze might make more from the SINEs than any of their other headphones due to the mass appeal and lower price-point. 

IMO Audeze introducing the SINE is a smart move for them and for head-fi in general, as it will introduce more people to not only Audeze and their great products, but also expose more people to high-end portable audio and headphones. 

Cheers 

May 6, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #1,029 of 4,783
Just picked a pair up from Adorama and I love voicing on these so far, I don't think my M100's and T51i's will get much use anymore.
biggrin.gif
Here's crappy cell phone pic.

I am glad you are liking them. I felt I was a little tough on you with my answer regarding the "rolled of treble". They truly are a different league than the M100.

May 6, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #1,033 of 4,783
All these "improvements" (yes I know, subjective) to the Momentum 2.0, PM-3 and Crossfade M100 have me pretty excited for my Sine + Cipher to arrive. They're all ones I've auditioned over the past few months looking for the right portable. And the upgrades that people are reporting vs these particular models are all things I was looking to do.

1 week of waiting in in the books, so hopefully just 1 or 2 more to go!

May 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,034 of 4,783
   I find the treble to be just right and not a hint of sibilance, much better than the M100 in all aspects. Thanks for the feedback, it actually helped me pull the trigger and I'm so glad I did.

My Sine doesn't have the amount of bass of my M100 but the clarity, soundstage, and smoothness wipes the floor with the M100. I mean it really makes the M100 sound dated. 

May 7, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #1,035 of 4,783
Totally agree. I own both the SINE and LCD-3F's and love them both, but for different reasons and uses. Also agree with the post that said that Audeze might make more from the SINEs than any of their other headphones due to the mass appeal and lower price-point. 

IMO Audeze introducing the SINE is a smart move for them and for head-fi in general, as it will introduce more people to not only Audeze and their great products, but also expose more people to high-end portable audio and headphones. 

Cheers 

Opening them up on the apple store lol just moved planars out of audiophile circles into the wide world. Makes me wonder lol if Audeze will be able to handle the load. I still see theyre sold out everywhere, and long processing time direct from them. (Gives me time to save up lmao)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back