Audeze SINE Series
May 4, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,006 of 4,785
  damn, these w\ cipher are sold out all over the place.

Yeah, i bought mine without a cipher cable and it's not quite up to running straight out my iPhone yet, very frustrating.

May 4, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #1,009 of 4,785
hmm, that's interesting because my EL-8o slam hard and loud direct from the Iphone 6+, I would think the EL-8 would be harder

I have the EL-8C and Sine also and Sine is slightly louder than EL-8 directly from iPhone 6S plus. No way would I say either one slammed hard and loud.

May 4, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,010 of 4,785
I have the EL-8C and Sine also and Sine is slightly louder than EL-8 directly from iPhone 6S plus. No way would I say either one slammed hard and loud.

Man those Sines look good, same with the EL-8C. That is strange tho. I have the open back EL, and pushing further than 50% volume on my 6+ is just too loud with them direct drive average volume level for a song from Apple Music, and they're thumpin pretty hard on say Azad's Auge Des Sturms, or ripping away at Anthrax's Breathing Lightning. I wonder if the rumor the 6S/S+ does have a weaker amp is true? :fearful:

This is as high as i can go before the spl is just painful, and even at this level, its loud.

May 4, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #1,011 of 4,785
I compared the SINE, my LCD2rev2 and my old moded fostex t50rp.
On the overall sound quality: LCD > fostex t50rp > SINE
Actually the SINE are very precise but lacks the bigger sound that the others provide.
I was quite amazed by the level that the fostex can deliver without fear... 
No need too say the LCD have a level of precision and power that the others can't reach alone.
But if you check the numbers (price) the fostex are still a bargain if you are not afraid to take screw...

May 4, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,012 of 4,785
I still wonder about the business case for building the Cypher cable only for Apple. Was there no way to make an Android/USB version? I admit this is an area where I have very little knowledge. It just seems that given Android has soo much more market share than Apple (at least for phones) that you would assume Android would get the same consideration. I assume the version and implementation issues of Android were a factor in this. Anybody care to enlighten me as I would be very happy to learn a little about such matters.

May 5, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #1,013 of 4,785
It seems manufacturers fall all over themselves to please Apple iDevice users. Nothing new here. There is a rumor that the iPhone 7 may not include a headphone jack and will introduce some type of wireless or lightening cable headphones. That could be one reason for this. But now Intel wants to introduce USB-C headphone usage for Android users, so there's hope.

May 5, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,014 of 4,785
  I still wonder about the business case for building the Cypher cable only for Apple. Was there no way to make an Android/USB version? I admit this is an area where I have very little knowledge. It just seems that given Android has soo much more market share than Apple (at least for phones) that you would assume Android would get the same consideration. I assume the version and implementation issues of Android were a factor in this. Anybody care to enlighten me as I would be very happy to learn a little about such matters.

I mailed Audeze about this before I got the Mojo.

They said that due to the number of different hardware & software versions that exist for Android with the addition or the changes a user can actually make to the system making one that is compatible and would continue to be compatible would not be possible

May 5, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #1,015 of 4,785
The FiiO E18 works great with Android 4, 5, and 6. Apparently it can be done.

May 5, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #1,016 of 4,785
I compared the SINE, my LCD2rev2 and my old moded fostex t50rp.
On the overall sound quality: LCD > fostex t50rp > SINE
Actually the SINE are very precise but lacks the bigger sound that the others provide.

I was quite amazed by the level that the fostex can deliver without fear... 

No need too say the LCD have a level of precision and power that the others can't reach alone.

But if you check the numbers (price) the fostex are still a bargain if you are not afraid to take screw...

Im actually considering maybe passing up the Sine (not decided yet, as apparently the Sines are damn good) for a rosewood LCD 2. Wondering to myself, if the EL-8o sounds this good, what does the step up sound like :thinking:

Edit: Sine now, LCD at tax time, best of both worlds! :D (sigh, i both love and hate this hobby)

May 5, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,017 of 4,785
I have the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and while it's brilliant with the Sine on my iPhone 6S+, it kinda sucks on Android, even less powerful than the headphone jack on my Edge 7.

May 5, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #1,018 of 4,785
Hopefully Audeze decides to make a mini usb varient for android, and usb varient for pc's/macs. If they were smart *poke poke to the Audeze staff members here* they would make one cipher, with the ability to swap between connectors. Sooooo you can use the amp/Dac with various devices. But we all know they lol want to sell the cable.

May 5, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,019 of 4,785
Frankly my preference as expressed before is for Bluetooth as I now know full well that Bluetooth audio with Apt X is simply speaking excellent. However, I think Audeze really should do an Android version. My understanding is that the differences between versions is becoming less in key areas, USB support would remain very similar. How different could the hardware actually be? I think at a fundamental level, all of these devices are quite similar. Plus, they could maybe pick one major Android manufacturer, say LG, and test against those specifications. I'm quite sure there are Apple hardware changes so I am guessing what really matters is the OS and knowing that.

Anyway, I'm sure there is a great deal of complexity to this so perhaps it just isn't feasible, hopefully that isn't the case. As I've said before, I am willing to bet that in as little as five years cables for portable headphones will not be the standard configuration, wireless will start to dominate. Before anybody starts telling me how bad Bluetooth is, I will suggest that if you haven't heard a very modern Bluetooth implementation done well you should hold off judgement. Bang and Oulfsen are no stranger to creating very good quality audio experiences and if they (and other companies) feel BT audio has matured enough to support, I personally believe the market will move in that direction significantly and Audeze is obviously interested in being, if not ahead of the curve, at least on the curve, and the Sine seems like a great device to get into the BT waters with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back