Audeze SINE Series
May 2, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #977 of 4,783
got mine today. listened for 5 minutes and already impressed. slightly dark sounding, but much more open soundstage than the pm3. we will se how well they do after a couple of days. i wonder how Long the leather(ette?) outside of the Cups will last.

May 2, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #978 of 4,783
just scratched my new Sines- Bmw design fail! i had them on my bed and without thinking to much grab them by the headband really fast and the metal rings touched and knicked on side. the metal rings around earcup touch all the time and if you are not super careful grabbing the headphone it will scratch the metal rings. They sound awesome but my god talking about sensitive to movement.

May 2, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #979 of 4,783
just scratched my new Sines- Bmw design fail! i had them on my bed and without thinking to much grab them by the headband really fast and the metal rings touched and knicked on side. the metal rings around earcup touch all the time and if you are not super careful grabbing the headphone it will scratch the metal rings. They sound awesome but my god talking about sensitive to movement.

People have been known to take a piece of electrical tape and put it on that part of the SINEs...

May 2, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #980 of 4,783
got mine today. listened for 5 minutes and already impressed. slightly dark sounding, but much more open soundstage than the pm3. we will se how well they do after a couple of days. i wonder how Long the leather(ette?) outside of the Cups will last.

Looking forward to your impressions on the Sine. Can one put leather conditioner on the outside leather.

May 2, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #981 of 4,783
The sine pads will sit on your ear not around- so they are smaller than P-7s.

Smaller than the P7s? Interesting. They're not uncomfortable are they? I think the P7s are a great fit and relatively comfortable. I think anything smaller might feel weird to me, but I'll have to somehow try them.

You do know the sine are an "on-ear" design?

I've wondered just how "on-ear" they are. The opening looks bigger than, say, the opening on the first-gen Momentum over-ears. Those headphones weren't really over-ear but still kept the pads mostly off the ears. If the Sine rests in the same way, then I don't think I'd have any issues with fit.

May 2, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #982 of 4,783

I've wondered just how "on-ear" they are. The opening looks bigger than, say, the opening on the first-gen Momentum over-ears. Those headphones weren't really over-ear but still kept the pads mostly off the ears. If the Sine rests in the same way, then I don't think I'd have any issues with fit.

The picture of the headphones size does look deceiving and that's why I originally thought that they were not "on-ear" and maybe similar size to the P7's until I was told other wise. 

May 2, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #984 of 4,783
In practice they could be considered a sort of hybrid. They rest on the top of the ears and the lobes. But most if not all of the back of the ear rests inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's more or less how the first-gen Momentum over-ears fit me. I'd thought from pictures that the Sine might fit this way. Of course, as @FlyingFungus points out, pictures might well be deceiving. While the Momentum over-ears weren't terribly comfortable headphones, they weren't terribly uncomfortable. I was able to wear them for long periods. If I purchased the Sine, it would be for around the house listening, rather than OTG. For this reason, I'd expect to be able to wear them for long periods without suffering excessive discomfort. It's easier to tolerate pain when you're OTG and not wearing your headphones for 2+ hours at a time. 

May 2, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #985 of 4,783
In practice they could be considered a sort of hybrid. They rest on the top of the ears and the lobes. But most if not all of the back of the ear rests inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's more or less how the first-gen Momentum over-ears fit me. I'd thought from pictures that the Sine might fit this way. Of course, as @FlyingFungus points out, pictures might well be deceiving. While the Momentum over-ears weren't terribly comfortable headphones, they weren't terribly uncomfortable. I was able to wear them for long periods. If I purchased the Sine, it would be for around the house listening, rather than OTG. For this reason, I'd expect to be able to wear them for long periods without suffering excessive discomfort. It's easier to tolerate pain when you're OTG and not wearing your headphones for 2+ hours at a time. 

Well, I got them for work and have been wearing them for 8+ hour stretches and have felt no discomfort. I did on the first day when I was still unsure how to adjust and place them but all on ears are like that. They take a little experimentation at first. Generally speaking with on ears, as well as the sines, if you're feeling discomfort adjust the headband out some more. With on ears, the lower they sit on the ear the better (within reason). The top tip of your ear should poke out a little.

May 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #986 of 4,783
Question for  anyone who has ordered and received somewhat recently: how long did it take?

I ordered last Thursday, at which time their site said they're backordered 2-3 weeks. Anyone know if I should expect that, or maybe be optimistic that they'll be quicker?

May 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #987 of 4,783
  Question for  anyone who has ordered and received somewhat recently: how long did it take?

I ordered last Thursday, at which time their site said they're backordered 2-3 weeks. Anyone know if I should expect that, or maybe be optimistic that they'll be quicker?

Always be pessimistic, that way if they come quicker you will be happily surprised. If you are optimistic and they don't show up earlier you will disappointed.

May 2, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #988 of 4,783

Maybe a newborn's ears might fit inside....

May 2, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #989 of 4,783
Thank you for the mp3/lossless info. Im still new to all of the audio tech stuff.

Also, i dont like bloated bass either, but I do like to feel a little thump while listening to my music (R&B and Rap head here). I may purchase then though, since many on the board have stated that their sounds get better and better after burn in.

May 3, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #990 of 4,783

I ordered my two weeks ago on a Thursday and received them on Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back