Audeze SINE Series
Apr 16, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #826 of 4,783
Asymmetrical ear holes in the pad tend to break up any incidental pad back wave or something similar to that.
BMF the T50 modder/objective measurements guy mentioned it once. So if you have a perfect oval or circle it can maybe cause less than optimum SQ.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #829 of 4,783
Tyll said the EL-8 case will fit, anyone gone and purchased one?

Isn't the EL-8 a huge headphone in comparison? I'd be curious about this as well.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #830 of 4,783
The strangest thing - 3 weeks ago, Amazon removed the Audeze Sine from its listings in the USA. It hasn't come back at all.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #831 of 4,783
The strangest thing - 3 weeks ago, Amazon removed the Audeze Sine from its listings in the USA. It hasn't come back at all.

no proof, just a guess.. Amazon removes items they cant adequately stock. they usually make a return when the supply increases. Audeze has at least a 2 -3 week (according to their website) delay

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #833 of 4,783
Went to audition the Sine a few days ago after messaging Sonic Defender, who gave me very good pointers. I was previously looking for a pair of basshead headphone but just didn't find one that I liked. Now the Sine is not for bassheads but what I heard was nice punchy bass that doesn't muffle out the mids and highs. 

After listening to them for a few days, I guess the Sine has changed the way I listen to music. As much as I would love to have that deep, rumbling bass on my headphones, there will always seem to be a compromise on the mids and highs. To me, the SQ of the Sine is very "clean" compared with the other cans I've auditioned. Guess I will appreciate them more and more in the coming days.

Thanks again to Sonic Defender and everyone who has contributed on this thread. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #835 of 4,783
  Went to audition the Sine a few days ago after messaging Sonic Defender, who gave me very good pointers. I was previously looking for a pair of basshead headphone but just didn't find one that I liked. Now the Sine is not for bassheads but what I heard was nice punchy bass that doesn't muffle out the mids and highs. 

After listening to them for a few days, I guess the Sine has changed the way I listen to music. As much as I would love to have that deep, rumbling bass on my headphones, there will always seem to be a compromise on the mids and highs. To me, the SQ of the Sine is very "clean" compared with the other cans I've auditioned. Guess I will appreciate them more and more in the coming days.

Thanks again to Sonic Defender and everyone who has contributed on this thread. 

Hello @funksoulava

Finally someone, who seems to like, what I like ! I understand you currently own SINE, right ?

Can I ask you for little test ? Here is song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQE-IWmZnU (this is pure definition of dubstep for me)

Can you please kindly describe for me, how does it sound using SINE ?
I am interested in separation of drum from other higher frequencies, how is bass "punchy", and how does final drum fade-out sounds for you in SINE.

Maybe this headphones are what I am looking for, but I don't have any possibility for some short listening to them.
I will very much appreciate your comments.

Bobi

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #836 of 4,783
Well I just could not contain myself, I just ordered the sine with cypher and also bough some used PM-3 - this time I will take my time with both and figure out what I really like.  I will be receiving soon a Hifi Skyn for iPhone 6, that way I can do some justice to the PM3s with the iPhone. My goal is just a portable rig to use while my kids are doing sports and around the house.   I am currently using the Vmoda wireless which are a lot of fun with the bass.  But I think I am done with my closet basshead cravings and its time for some clarity and more balanced sound. LOL  To be honest it is kind of fun to continue experimenting with stuff.  But like others here, I wish for a day when wireless hi res capable headphones become the norm. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #837 of 4,783
I wanted to say I can never sing the praises enough of Brian at Razordog. His customer service has been great. He has a great relationship with Audeze and he sells the SINE. I can't commit to what he has in stock but maybe if you email him he will give you good discount on them.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #839 of 4,783
Apr 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #840 of 4,783
Hi guys, sorry if this is coming out of nowhere.

Based on the contributions here, I've finally decided to order one (without cypher cable). That was weeks ago. I ordered these directly from Audeze (at the time, they weren't backordered yet).

Has anyone ordered SINE directly from Audeze? I'm somewhat disappointed because I've ordered these like 3 weeks ago. I wasn't even informed that my shipment was delayed. If I didn't email them directly last week regarding an update, I wouldn't even know what happened.

Just curious, has anyone experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back