Audeze SINE Series
Apr 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #856 of 4,783

Hello @funksoulava

Finally someone, who seems to like, what I like ! I understand you currently own SINE, right ?

Can I ask you for little test ? Here is song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQE-IWmZnU (this is pure definition of dubstep for me)

Can you please kindly describe for me, how does it sound using SINE ?
I am interested in separation of drum from other higher frequencies, how is bass "punchy", and how does final drum fade-out sounds for you in SINE.

Maybe this headphones are what I am looking for, but I don't have any possibility for some short listening to them.
I will very much appreciate your comments.

Bobi

Hi @BobiBolivia,

Unfortunately, I'm not into dubstep and can't really define how the song is to me. Sorry.

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #858 of 4,783
I've actually used the internal case of the DN1 Pro (the case I recommended from Amazon that is the video above) within other bags to maintain the slimmess of the Audeze Sine.  It works great inside a front pocket of my Filson 72 hour briefcase.

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #859 of 4,783
I was at an Apple store today and tried on the Audeze EL8.  It was a lot tighter on my head than my LCD3.  That said, is the new Sine series wearing more like an EL8 or LCD3?

Paul

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #860 of 4,783
  I was at an Apple store today and tried on the Audeze EL8.  It was a lot tighter on my head than my LCD3.  That said, is the new Sine series wearing more like an EL8 or LCD3?

Paul

Well the SINEs are 230g and the EL8's are 460g, which are both lighter than the LCD-3's at 550g. Also the fit of the SINE's is much different from the LCD-3's. The LCD's primarily sit on top of your head, whereas the SINEs kind of clamp onto your head as an on-ear. 

Cheers 

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #862 of 4,783
Apr 22, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #865 of 4,783
Somebody must know me at Audeze! I ordered the Sine with cypher on saturday and i just got the Fedex delivery notice. I should be able to do a good comparison with the PM-3s. I will also be getting a HIfi Skyn for Iphone6. It will be a fun month!

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #866 of 4,783
@osvaldo
 Did u try with the balanced out of the  DP X1? I didnt get the cable for it.

Really loved the Sine when paired with the DP X1. But I had to run the X1 at  high (130+ ) to get a decent volume and this took a tool on the battery life(it went from 95% to 50% in like three hours, 20min screen on  )  .

The Fiio Q1 run the Sine with better authority on half volume (high gain) ( slightly lower SQ then the DPx1) .

DPX1 is a very good android based DAP but I really cant understand why onkyo would put it up with 1630mah  battery .The Fiio X1 has a higher  battery capacity  than the DPX1.

So returned the DPX1 and started the search for a good DAP again to go with my Sine's.

Qp1r - sensational combo.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #867 of 4,783
Apr 23, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #869 of 4,783
I had the PM-3 for three weeks and really liked it, but just didn't quite check all the boxes so sent it back while I was still within the 30-day window. I've been eyeballing the Sine and the Headfonics review may have just sent me over the edge. I'll probably try that the second I see it appear on Amazon (I've got lots of credit there I've got to spend).

For those of you who have had both, I am curious for direct comparisons.

Now I just need to determine if I go a bit crazy and spring for Mojo, or if the new Dragonfly Red will be more than enough for me.

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #870 of 4,783
I was one of the odd guys out. I tried to enjoy the PM-3 and actually bought and sold or returned three times. The final time I had some repair issues so I just returned them.  To me there was no fun, kinda boring. On the contrary I thoroughly enjoy the SINES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back