Audeze SINE Series
Apr 15, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #813 of 4,783
Do the Sine graph have any similarities to the Harmon Kardon curve that Tyll says is a great FR to have in a headphone ? I've not seen his video yet....

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #814 of 4,783
  Do the Sine graph have any similarities to the Harmon Kardon curve that Tyll says is a great FR to have in a headphone ? I've not seen his video yet....

Don't know about the SINE, but never seen this HK FR on InnerFidelity. 

However, these are the LCD-X graphs form goldenears, where the second one is the LCD-X FR superimposed on HK FR, I think?!!!

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #815 of 4,783
Really good review from Tyll on the SINEs...although I feel there is a bit more space between the PM-3 and the Audezes than he does, I generally agree with this assessment. I have used this in bed quite a lot, and they definitely do remain on ur noggin. 

I grow more impressed by these headphones each day. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #816 of 4,783
Really nice review by Tyler. I agree with his statement that the sound is "quite good but not ideal"

I finally got to try these headphones. They're quite expensive here in Singapore and cost around $750 Singapore dollars. I can get the Beyerdybamic T1 for $250 more or the Oppo PM2 for $150 more. And those headphones will blow this out of the water.

Overall, I found the sound underwhelming for the price and when plugged in directly to the iphone, it sounds no better than headphones much lower in cost. Now, when plugged into the mojo or similar dac/amp it really starts to shine, but that's kinda counter intuitive isn't it. It's supposed to be a portable headphone.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #818 of 4,783
Different tastes for different people. I had the PM-2 at the same time as the Sine. I disliked the PM-2 although I was a huge fan of the PM-3. The T1 was not my thing but I liked the T5p and the DT1350 a lot.

To me, the Sine makes the right compromises to deliver the Audeze house sound in a compact package. As Tyll and other experienced reviewers have noted, it's a stunningly good on-ear headphone.

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #820 of 4,783
  can you instal full size pads like brainwavz pleather pads?

Not sure about that......the pads seem glued on like the EL-8, Audeze haven't given any instructions yet on how to change pads on the Sine

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #821 of 4,783
Really nice review by Tyler. I agree with his statement that the sound is "quite good but not ideal"

I finally got to try these headphones. They're quite expensive here in Singapore and cost around $750 Singapore dollars. I can get the Beyerdybamic T1 for $250 more or the Oppo PM2 for $150 more. And those headphones will blow this out of the water.

Overall, I found the sound underwhelming for the price and when plugged in directly to the iphone, it sounds no better than headphones much lower in cost. Now, when plugged into the mojo or similar dac/amp it really starts to shine, but that's kinda counter intuitive isn't it. It's supposed to be a portable headphone.

It's portable in size, aimed at people using a dap or the cypher cable. I don't think the intent is to use it right out of the ho on a phone. I think audeze knows that people buying a $500 headphone for portable use will be unhappy with using a phone to power it.

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #825 of 4,783
They just slip on - they certainly are NOT glued!

That being said, they are an odd shape and size, so I doubt there are any 3rd party pads that would fit [yet].

My bad, the pads DO come off! I'm at Axpona in Chicago right now, when I get home I'm going to try some pads

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back