Audeze SINE Series
Apr 4, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #586 of 4,783
Price revised down $50 on both Sine options now from original retail ?

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #587 of 4,783
Thank you for your feedback. Anyone else who's heard both have any insights? Greatly appreciated!

Ive owned two pairs of the 1350s for years. I have loved the heck out of them...i have often referred to them as the best "pound for pound" (i.e dollar for dollar) headphones Ive ever heard.

I will continue to own them and enjoy them. That being said, the SINE is a much better headphone, IMO. Both are excellent but these little Audezes are better in every way. Even the beautifully extended, tight, clean low end of the Beyers is outdone by the SINEs when using either the Cipher or a portable amp.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #588 of 4,783
Ive owned two pairs of the 1350s for years. I have loved the heck out of them...i have often referred to them as the best "pound for pound" (i.e dollar for dollar) headphones Ive ever heard.

I will continue to own them and enjoy them. That being said, the SINE is a much better headphone, IMO. Both are excellent but these little Audezes are better in every way. Even the beautifully extended, tight, clean low end of the Beyers is outdone by the SINEs when using either the Cipher or a portable amp.

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking to hear. You can score like-new DT1350's for like $123 bucks right now. Even though the SINE is better, I just can't imagine it's an 3x improvement. I'm sure I'll pull the trigger on the Audeze someday soon. Cheers!

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #589 of 4,783
Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking to hear. You can score like-new DT1350's for like $123 bucks right now. Even though the SINE is better, I just can't imagine it's an 3x improvement. I'm sure I'll pull the trigger on the Audeze someday soon. Cheers!

The 1350s are a steal at that price, in my opinion.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #590 of 4,783
  So, I heard these puppies are good for metal. You all agree? Do they have that Audeze house sound (mids and bass)??

Yes...Yes they are the bass has a lot of impact and punch and guitars & drum sound great.  My only criticism is female vocals sound a bit drowned out by everything  else that is going on but this is only the heavier stuff butcher babies, the charm the fury, Once Human and Kobra & the lotus ect but on the slower rockier bands like Blues Pills, The Murder of my Sweet in this moment they sound good. 

Im not sure if its the headphones, source or actual tracks but some of the really fast death/black metal sound congested when they really get going but I also found this with the PM3 so could be the tracks (FLAC)

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #592 of 4,783
How do the Sine sound unamped? Are they sensitive enough?

They sound fine out of my iPhone 6+, although lacking some of the oomph and clarity they do with an intervening Mojo.  Sensitivity is not an issue if you aren't into self-harm-through-volume (and even then you may be ok).

By "fine" I mean "probably won't notice the difference unless you really try".  The differences are quite stark once you pay attention, but the general qualities and overall tonality of the cans are the same.  This isn't a Senn 6x0/800 situation, where amping can be the difference between "meh" and "wow" - they "scale" quite well, but are no slouch out of a phone...

That is, of course, just my take.  I'm sure others will disagree.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #594 of 4,783

Im not sure if its the headphones, source or actual tracks but some of the really fast death/black metal sound congested when they really get going but I also found this with the PM3 so could be the tracks (FLAC)

It's the tracks, there is a limit to effective separation. Once a signal is saturated to the extent really aggressive music brings, couple that with generally higher levels of distortion and complexity of information, well the signal is pretty damn powerful and I would think our brains have trouble under those circumstances. Somewhat speculating here of course, but I think it isn't without justification. I know that is why I have given up on most rock/metal I used to listen to. Just too much noise often to really enjoy. The music itself is good, but the damn effect it has when hyper-compressed is just unpleasant. Fatigues the brain rather quickly.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #595 of 4,783
How do the Sine sound unamped? Are they sensitive enough?

They work but very poorly unamped.

Straight out of my iPhone they're very much lacking;
Out of my MacBook Pro Retina I get more volume but not so nice definition;
Out of my Woo Audio WA7 they're good but I have this feeling that the synergy I found with my LCD-2 is just not there with the Sine;
Out of my Chord Mojo is where I found the cleanest and more powerful sound;
Out of my Onkyo DP-X1 is just a tad step below the Mojo but when I want more portability I can live perfectly happy with this combination.

I really enjoy this headphone, it gives me the LCD-2 kind of sound (yes not as thick) in a smaller portable package.

I wear eyeglasses, I don't really find the comfort as good as I would like it to be. A little heavier than I expected and my ears hurt a bit at the extreme sides after a while. I'd really like Audeze to release suede earcups. Also, I'd like them (the suede earpads) to be deeper and narrower so they'd work as a "mini over-ear" - Actually my ears can almost fit inside.

Also missing balanced cable for AK Players / Onkyo DP-X1.

Overall anyway I like the headphone. They somehow managed to keep my JH Angies in the pelican case since arrival 
beyersmile.png

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #597 of 4,783
I was told by my Dealer that cypher cables were back logged and Apple was the culprit. Apparently Apple is supplying the chips for the Cypher cable DAC/amp and Audeze ordered and paid for a few thousand but Apple is giving them Only 200 chips at a time for whatever reason.

So if you're lucky enough to find a Cypher cable for sale grab it,I couldn't find one in the UK so my Sine will have to go through Mojo for awhile

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #598 of 4,783
As I mentioned before, I was concerned that the two sides of the headphone would grind against each other when the Audeze Sine was set flat.  

I found a great case on Amazon that would keep them separated.  See below:

Here is the Amazon link to the case from Accessory House.  It's much larger than the Audeze pouch, but it actually protects the headphones.

Also, I had ordered a second pair of Audeze Sines from BuySonic for their amazing price.  They came in today.  They look fine, but it definitely seems like the package has been opened before - the seals were cut.  Still, everything works and they sound great.  So it wasn't a perfect transaction, but I would still buy from them again at the prices that they offer.  I'm still confident that the headphone will still be under an Audeze warranty if anything happens.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #599 of 4,783
Sorry if I missed this, but does anyone have both Sine and Ether C? I'm wondering how they compare. Being that Sine is a third the cost of Ether C, I'm considering it more strongly if the overall improvement (if any) in Ether C is only marginal.

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #600 of 4,783
  As I mentioned before, I was concerned that the two sides of the headphone would grind against each other when the Audeze Sine was set flat.  

I found a great case on Amazon that would keep them separated.  See below:

Here is the Amazon link to the case from Accessory House.  It's much larger than the Audeze pouch, but it actually protects the headphones.

Also, I had ordered a second pair of Audeze Sines from BuySonic for their amazing price.  They came in today.  They look fine, but it definitely seems like the package has been opened before - the seals were cut.  Still, everything works and they sound great.  So it wasn't a perfect transaction, but I would still buy from them again at the prices that they offer.  I'm still confident that the headphone will still be under an Audeze warranty if anything happens.

Thank you for sharing this case. I have purchased from BuySonic before without problem. I do not know why but each thing I had purchased had the seals broken as well, but you could clearly tell it was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back