Audeze SINE Series
Apr 4, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #571 of 4,785
Apr 4, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #573 of 4,785
So, I heard these puppies are good for metal. You all agree? Do they have that Audeze house sound (mids and bass)??

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #574 of 4,785
  So, I heard these puppies are good for metal. You all agree? Do they have that Audeze house sound (mids and bass)??

Well they don't really sound like any Audeze headphone I've heard...........1st thing is they're closed. I do like them better than my EL-8C already, but that's because they sound thicker and warmer-EL-8 feels a bit thin to me. Others are going to hate that about them, especially fans of Audeze's more expensive headphones. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #575 of 4,785
 Well they don't really sound like any Audeze headphone I've heard...........1st thing is they're closed. I do like them better than my EL-8C already, but that's because they sound thicker and warmer-EL-8 feels a bit thin to me. Others are going to hate that about them, especially fans of Audeze's more expensive headphones. 

Not true , I really enjoy them and my LCD-4's

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #576 of 4,785

LCD2 sounds pretty thick and warm - like that?

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #578 of 4,785
Apr 4, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #580 of 4,785
I just received my SINE and started listening. I will post some comments later. I am already digging the sound, punchy to say the least. Clamping force a bit strong, but we will see. Out of the box I like them better than I did the PM-3 out of the box. They are well built and kinda easily driven. I am not an Apple guy so I am using the standard cable version. 

I am open to any portable, small pocket carry amps that you all can recommend. My AK120ii drives them and they sound great but it does require volume.

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #581 of 4,785

I am open to any portable, small pocket carry amps that you all can recommend. My AK120ii drives them and they sound great but it does require volume.

in terms of a pocket amp, it all depends on what type of sound your ears like best. read as many reviews and listen (with your own gear) to as many different amps as you can.

I don't want to suggest any one in particular, because to be honest I have 3 and they all sound different depending on what the source is and what transducers I am listening with

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #582 of 4,785
in terms of a pocket amp, it all depends on what type of sound your ears like best. read as many reviews and listen (with your own gear) to as many different amps as you can.

I don't want to suggest any one in particular, because to be honest I have 3 and they all sound different depending on what the source is and what transducers I am listening with

I have had only a few amps...I had the Mojo but it wasnt good to stack and pocket carry. I dont really like amps to color sound a lot. I would use it with my cell(Nexus 6P) for streaming and my AK120ii. I really want some more power, as I have said I have power I just need to drive the volume up.

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #583 of 4,785
I have had only a few amps...I had the Mojo but it wasnt good to stack and pocket carry. I dont really like amps to color sound a lot. I would use it with my cell(Nexus 6P) for streaming and my AK120ii. I really want some more power, as I have said I have power I just need to drive the volume up.

I own a product by a company called JDS Labs that is an inch longer, the same width and half the thickness of Mojo. It also has a gain switch and comes in 2 variants. A dac / amp combo and a standalone amp.

The dac / amp combo is the one I own, but didn't pair it up with a DAP like the 120ii. like I mentioned earlier I am not endorsing any one product, but the C5 does tick a few boxes on your requirements. The one drawback I would have to mention is that it connects via USB only, so if you want to use the digital output on your 120ii it would have to be via USB only

edit - i cant tell you exactly what the Sines would sound like since i don't have your specific gear, but i do know that my C5D (dac / amp model) has enough power at the lowest gain to drive the Sines adequately and at the highest gain the Sines can be overdriven

my best advice would be to find whatever amp you decide on and give it a listen prior to investing your money

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #585 of 4,785
Does the standard cable come with the cipher cable version. Do you get both or just lighting only? If I order the cipher version can I still use it with my mojo and my phone through lighting depending on my mood?

You get both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back