Audeze SINE Series
Apr 2, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #541 of 4,783
Apr 2, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #542 of 4,783
Fast and easy so far, No issues but it seems others have had issues

Saw you owned LCD 2.2 before.
Is there anything the Sine shares with the 2.2 sound signature or any other Audeze the Sine shares sound 'DNA' with ?

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #543 of 4,783

Saw you owned LCD 2.2 before.
Is there anything the Sine shares with the 2.2 sound signature or any other Audeze the Sine shares sound 'DNA' with ?

Most definitely they share the same Audeze DNA imo...and now you can take it with you! These are just brilliant portable headphones!

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #544 of 4,783
  Glad to hear that. So looking at the size of the Cypher section itself, could it be incorporated into the cup, cups or maybe as part of the headband? I'm trying to get a sense of how the design may be altered for Bluetooth if it does happen (which I actually believe it will).

Potentially could be done perhaps, but the SINEs are already pretty small and looks like there's not a lot of spare space in the ear cups. Would likely have to add more bulk to the headphones to work in the electronics, and don't forget they'd have to put a battery in there as well, and also run a cable up through the headband to connect the two sideds, which would take some redesign as well. Also the Cypher cable incorporates a microphone so you can use the SINEs to talk on the phone. Pretty cool function, but I haven't tried it yet. Cheers 

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #545 of 4,783

Most definitely they share the same Audeze DNA imo...and now you can take it with you! These are just brilliant portable headphones!

Totally agree! 

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #546 of 4,783
  Potentially could be done perhaps, but the SINEs are already pretty small and looks like there's not a lot of spare space in the ear cups. Would likely have to add more bulk to the headphones to work in the electronics, and don't forget they'd have to put a battery in there as well, and also run a cable up through the headband to connect the two sideds, which would take some redesign as well. Also the Cypher cable incorporates a microphone so you can use the SINEs to talk on the phone. Pretty cool function, but I haven't tried it yet. Cheers 

True, but others have done a great job. Hell my B&O H7 has a removable battery and very good sound, I like the signature more than the PM3 in fact. I think if Audeze uses both the cups and the headband, it would be really possible to distribute the components. If they do it or not with the Sine, eventually they will have to as I just can't imagine wireless headphones not absolutely dominating the portable realm fairly soon.

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #547 of 4,783

Thanks, I meant was there any existing model it is similar to ?

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #549 of 4,783

Very much the LCD lineup in terms of DNA but light and small enough to take it with you.

But quite a spread of sound signatures.
Is it closer to an LCD-2 or say an XC ?

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #551 of 4,783

But quite a spread of sound signatures.
Is it closer to an LCD-2 or say and XC ?

Closer to the LCD-2/X IMO.

Hi MH, so far do the Sines beat out the PM3 to go to the top of your list?

Once I've finished my full Headphone.Guru review, I will definitely update my listing and it looks like there will be a new pair of headphones on top of the listing. 
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #553 of 4,783
Er Very tempted to get these cans, even though I have not heard them yet. This hobby is great but detrimental to the health of my wallet.:)

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #554 of 4,783
Well,
Diffusion does not necessarily infer clarity to every human ear, making it up to the listener to decide whether or not the headphone is clear to them.

On-ears are typically known to create "more crisp sounding notes" to listeners in exchange for the "larger soundstage" or "instrument separation" that over-ears have. Physically, most-or-all of the frequencies travel to the ear canal much more directly with the on-ear design, as little-to-no frequency goes around the ear, depending on the diaphragm of that on-ear design.

Man, this is what I get for participation in a dichotic listening study for extra credit in college. The study did not deal directly with frequencies, but how we think of sound...which led me to this hobby. :)

Yes we hear differently. usually between 5kh~8kh. But typical audeze models have big dip in those fr. And sine seems no exception. el8 open or close has bigger dip around 7.5kh, but that dip is very narrow, and on the whole, el8 closed seems have more treble energy than any other audezes(so many audeze fans hate it).
And a headphones that lacks certain fr more than 5~6 decibel compared to 500h(after compensation) can't make you hear that fr, on-ear or not. again, on-ear can't make you hear fr that the headphones doesn't deliver.
Or, all this is just pointless if what you mean by 'clarity' is just means 'I like my new toy!', which is the case in head-fi many times before.

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #555 of 4,783
Looks like a lot of folks have received the Cypher cable version.

1. How does the Cypher cable sound vs. a dedicated DAC/Amp combo?

2. Is the combo good enough to bi-pass a dedicated Combo such as the iPhone with say the Mojo?

3. Will you continue using something like a Mojo now that you have a more streamlined option?

4. Is the Cypher cable the death of bulky combos??!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back