Audeze SINE Series
Jan 8, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #76 of 4,783

That is what I was afraid of, from the picture. I wonder how well they isolate, with the kind of fit? I'd still like to try them out though.

Yep, that's why I went ahead and ordered them as Audeze now has a 30-day trial period on all of their HP's (except the LCD-4 I think as it's special order). I'm perfectly happy to risk having to pay return shipping in order to trial them. Cheers

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #77 of 4,783
Why would they drop 3.5mm if they just patented a smaller 3.5mm.  You should be able to simple sand down a 3.5mm on its side or buy a adapter.  

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/22/apple-patents-half-height-3-5mm-headphone-jack-ready-for-slimmer-future-iphones/

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #78 of 4,783
  Why would they drop 3.5mm if they just patented a smaller 3.5mm.  You should be able to simple sand down a 3.5mm on its side or buy a adapter.  

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/22/apple-patents-half-height-3-5mm-headphone-jack-ready-for-slimmer-future-iphones/

Honestly, given Apple customers I think it's a smart move for them to force every one to Digital Out only why even waste money manufactoring a decent dac into the phone, when you can simply supply something good enough to power the speaker an some blue tooth stuff, other wise let a decent headphone manufactor make a product for your customer base 

Your already spending $700 on a phone, here now spend another $500 for a headphone with a Built in Dac Oh an it's a portable planar! 
#longliveandroid

but no seriously, it's nice to see a smaller an easier to drive Planar 

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #80 of 4,783
I gave the Sine a listen at CES and thought they sounded pretty decent.  The bass had a pretty solid kick, they had a dynamic feel and pretty similar to the Audeze LCD-2, with better isolation just that the soundstage was obviously not as large.  Comparing to my m-100's I thought that sounded better than them, and I liked the sound better from these than from the 1770 pros that I heard at beyerdynamic. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #81 of 4,783
  I gave the Sine a listen at CES and thought they sounded pretty decent.  The bass had a pretty solid kick, they had a dynamic feel and pretty similar to the Audeze LCD-2, with better isolation just that the soundstage was obviously not as large.  Comparing to my m-100's I thought that sounded better than them, and I liked the sound better from these than from the 1770 pros that I heard at beyerdynamic. 

How would you compare them versus the HE-400i ?

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #83 of 4,783

Did they have some of the oomph in the bass as the M-100? Will a closet bass head love them? LOL  Wonder how they compare to the PM-3s

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #84 of 4,783
Hi - since the Audeze SINE connects directly to the iPhone via the lightning port (using the lightning port option), I would be curious to know how does the in-built DAC/amp sounds compared to dedicated DAC/amp combos.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #85 of 4,783
Hi - since the Audeze SINE connects directly to the iPhone via the lightning port (using the lightning port option), I would be curious to know how does the in-built DAC/amp sounds compared to dedicated DAC/amp combos.

I think you are thinking of the EL8, which has a lightning cable option. The sine comes with a standard, but very long, cable. At least this the case according to the Audeze web site.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #87 of 4,783
It's hopefully at or near the Schiit Fulla, just looking at price. I really wonder what the DSP is inside, is it EQ? Or more than that?

Forgot to quote: "I would be curious to know how does the in-built DAC/amp sounds compared to dedicated DAC/amp combos."

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #88 of 4,783
Stevie Wonder with the Sine 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #90 of 4,783
  http://audio-head.com/audeze-sine-headphone-and-cipher-lightning-cable-ces-2016/

From the article, speaking to comparison with EL-8 Titanium Cipher cable:
"The cable is also an option for the new Audeze headphone called the Sine ($499) as an $100 add on. The termination on the headphone side is different than the EL-8’s but operates in the same manner everywhere else."

I gotta say, I really dislike the design choice here.  The Cipher cable seems like a nice option for portable use, however, Audeze decided to use totally unique terminations on both the EL-8 and Sine.  Not only are they unique to the Audeze brand, they're even unique WITHIN the Audeze lineup.  Have multiple portable headphones and want to use a Cipher cable?  Sorry, you're gonna have to pay another $100 for a different version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back