Audeze SINE Series
Jan 8, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #61 of 4,775
I hope this headphones are to my liking- i had the Pm-3s and while they sounded really good found them a bit boring and lacking the oomph that i wanted for a portable in a noisy environment.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #64 of 4,775
I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this already, but I did see these at the Audeze booth at CES which is going on right now.

I unfortunately ran out of time before I left the show and didn't get to listen to these. (I didn't know about the headphones beforehand and I just saw them when I was browsing through the show.) By any chance did @Stillhart or any other Head-Fi'er who was also at CES get a chance to listen to these?

One thing that I can tell everybody here is that the Audeze rep said to me that these headphones aren't worse than the EL-8 closed (which is more expensive) in his opinion. Not exactly sure what to make of that...

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #65 of 4,775
The only folks who seem to have listened to them were CES participants.  So, in a setting where Audeze controls the context for testing, I'd be cynical of any reports from the showroom floor.  i think it'll be a while till we see meaningful reviews.  At this point, I'm tempted to just put in an order and take advantage of Audeze's 30-day trial period.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #66 of 4,775
I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this already, but I did see these at the Audeze booth at CES which is going on right now.

I unfortunately ran out of time before I left the show and didn't get to listen to these. (I didn't know about the headphones beforehand and I just saw them when I was browsing through the show.) By any chance did @Stillhart
or any other Head-Fi'er who was also at CES get a chance to listen to these?

One thing that I can tell everybody here is that the Audeze rep said to me that these headphones aren't worse than the EL-8 closed (which is more expensive) in his opinion. Not exactly sure what to make of that...

I did hear it briefly. I was... Not happy with the fit. It's one of those that is a bit too small for over ear but a bit too bit for on ear. Obviously your ears may vary.

Soundwise, it was not as bad as either el8. I didn't have a lot of time with it thanks to the uncomfortable fit, but what I heard was not bad at all.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #67 of 4,775
If everything goes to plan, I should be able to audition them sometime next week.
L3000.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #69 of 4,775
  If everything goes to plan, I should be able to audition them sometime next week.
L3000.gif

Awesome!  Can't wait to hear your impressions!  Oh BTW, I also live in SoCal.  What do you think my chances are of my taking a listen to them next week?

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #70 of 4,775
I also heard the OPPO PM-3, and while they had a very flat FR, they also sounded surprisingly dull and boring to me.

This was a big disappointment to me, because I love the PM-1 & PM-2.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #73 of 4,775
I had some time this morning at CES to listen to the Sine headphones using both their music selection from an Ipad and my own off of my iPhone.

as a sweep of the types of music I prefer I listened to the following on the headphones:

Death by Diamonds and Pearls by Band of Skulls
True Shred Guitar by Sleigh Bells
679 by Fetty Wap
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

My overwhelming take away was that they were very light on bass. The bass guitar in Billie Jean was almost inaudible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back