Audeze SINE Series
Jan 12, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #91 of 4,783
Yeah that's a real nuisance. It would make sense to perhaps offer 2 models b/c of the DSP inside, but different connectors? There's gotta be a better solution!

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #92 of 4,783

From the article, speaking to comparison with EL-8 Titanium Cipher cable:
"The cable is also an option for the new Audeze headphone called the Sine ($499) as an $100 add on. The termination on the headphone side is different than the EL-8’s but operates in the same manner everywhere else."

I gotta say, I really dislike the design choice here.  The Cipher cable seems like a nice option for portable use, however, Audeze decided to use totally unique terminations on both the EL-8 and Sine.  Not only are they unique to the Audeze brand, they're even unique WITHIN the Audeze lineup.  Have multiple portable headphones and want to use a Cipher cable?  Sorry, you're gonna have to pay another $100 for a different version.

Yeah that's a real nuisance. It would make sense to perhaps offer 2 models b/c of the DSP inside, but different connectors? There's gotta be a better solution!

maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's a digital cable, not purely analog 

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #94 of 4,783
Interesting email update on the Sines today from Mark at Audeze:

"We just realized our overpaid website developers made a mistake on the new SINE headphone pages of our website. Instead of a Buy Now button, it should have been Pre-Order Now because we will not be shipping the new SINE on-ear until March or early April. We sincerely apologize for this error. We certainly would understand if you want your order cancelled and your card credited, and we'll do so if that is what you want. However, if you want to keep your order on file, we'll credit your card $30 to thank you for your patience. We will ship direct customer orders BEFORE we ship any dealer orders."

So looks like it will be a bit longer to wait. Cheers

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #96 of 4,783
Interesting headphones.  I was looking at the Oppo PM-3 when i came across these.  

The website states they have transducers that are 80 x 70mm whereas the Oppo PM-3 has 55mm diameter transducers.  The SINE doesn't look big enough to hold such a large transducer but it will be interesting to find out.  More importantly, the website also states that the SINE has an "Optimal power requirement" of 500mW - 1W.  I will be amazed if they can get anything like that amount of power out of the lightning cable.  Again, will be interesting to find out how that sounds.

Col

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #97 of 4,783
On ear headphones make deep and impactful bass.
There is a direct physical connection between the driver and the body (ear and bones). That's why bass are more visceral with on ear headphones.
So with a audeze planar it might be bass heaven 

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #99 of 4,783

Did they have some of the oomph in the bass as the M-100? Will a closet bass head love them? LOL  Wonder how they compare to the PM-3s​

The bass did have oomph, but I felt it was not as excentuated as the m-100's bass is. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #101 of 4,783
I would love to hear some more reviews... especially against the Fostex TH-x00 and the ZMF Vibros! From what I heard today at a meet, it shouldn't be hard to beat the PM-3s [/shade].

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #102 of 4,783

"We just realized our overpaid website developers made a mistake on the new SINE headphone pages of our website. Instead of a Buy Now button, it should have been Pre-Order Now because we will not be shipping the new SINE on-ear until March or early April. We sincerely apologize for this error. We certainly would understand if you want your order cancelled and your card credited, and we'll do so if that is what you want. However, if you want to keep your order on file, we'll credit your card $30 to thank you for your patience. We will ship direct customer orders BEFORE we ship any dealer orders."

Okay, that makes a little bit of sense of what I saw on their website.  However, not shipping until March is an issue for any Head-fiers who have money now, but may not have money then.  I was thinking that March is my birthday month, so maybe a little birthday present to me if I can read some reviews and like the sound signature.  The V-Moda Zn is already on my birthday list and I was going to join it with a Mr. Speakers or NAD product.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #103 of 4,783

Okay, that makes a little bit of sense of what I saw on their website.  However, not shipping until March is an issue for any Head-fiers who have money now, but may not have money then.  I was thinking that March is my birthday month, so maybe a little birthday present to me if I can read some reviews and like the sound signature.  The V-Moda Zn is already on my birthday list and I was going to join it with a Mr. Speakers or NAD product.

To those head-fi'ers with money now and want to wait to get the Sine; get a bank account :)

I have the Ether C and really like it. It truly does benefit from 100+ hours of burn-in.  

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #104 of 4,783

To those head-fi'ers with money now and want to wait to get the Sine; get a bank account :)

I have the Ether C and really like it. It truly does benefit from 100+ hours of burn-in.  

Agree. While I have the Sine's on order, I am pretty sure I'll be getting a pair of Ether-C's as my go-to closed headphones. I was able to stop by Dan's Mr. Speakers offices in San Diego last week and play with the Ether-C's again and they are definitely sweet. However, the idea of having a good closed pair of cans that costs ~1/3rd of the cost of the C's is also attractive, especially for travel. Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back