Audeze SINE Series
Jan 17, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #3,931 of 4,775
Duplicate

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #3,932 of 4,775
Question is can it be used with other headphones on an Apple device?

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #3,933 of 4,775
Can it be used with other headphones not other devices.
I guess you could plug the headphone side of the cipher cable into any hole that will accept the angled 3.5mm plugs
Audeze_SINE_Photo_CableEntry.jpg

But the end of the cipher cable has a lightning connector which is for Apple iOS devices.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,934 of 4,775
So my first set pads were in to modify it to over ear.
Took the cushions off which goes fairly easy.

But when I saw under the pads?? In the grills on one ear some white powder??

Does anybody knows what that is?

MVIMG_20180123_165827.jpg

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #3,935 of 4,775
Okay... I have got an answer back from Audeze and it has to do with some production residue?
Still don't know what it is?? Is it toxic stuff?

I think it's rather sloppy for 400 dollars headphone. They write you a handwriting warranty card.... But doesn't take the effort to check if it's clean.

I have done the over ear conversion.... And yes yes yes.... This is the way I want it.
Comfortable... Imaging is better and I can wear it longer.

This is a must do mod.

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #3,936 of 4,775
Question for anyone who knows. How much driver flex is normal for the Audeze Sine? I know with IEMs, flex is an issue in that it can cause the driver to flex into a "closed position" until you relieve the air pressure. However, with the Audeze Sine on-ears I have, the driver will flex in and out, creating and audible crinkle in crinkle out, when I move my head with them on (walking, turning my head, etc.). Jaw movements can also cause the drivers to flex as well. Only the right driver does this, the left is unaffected.

I did email Audeze support regarding this. They basically told me that drivers stretch with age and other factors (temp humidity) can cause them to do this as well, also gave me information about not putting them on too harshly as to provide unnecessary pressure to the drivers. The issue is that these drivers aren't old, they headphones are just over a month and a half old...

Jan 27, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #3,938 of 4,775
I had that when I first purchased them. It got better after a couple weeks. Haven't noticed it in a while. I'd give it a couple weeks.

OK, I will do that then. It's odd because they didn't start with this when I first got them. But I'll give it some time.

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #3,939 of 4,775
Got a used Pair from the buy sell forums here, they came with the pad adapters immediately i have started using different pads. Found one option i have not seen on the thread yet. I'm using the sure SRH-1540 Pads ( https://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC1...8&qid=1517245942&sr=8-1&keywords=SRH1540+pads)

They are a bit more expensive at 40$ i found them to me the most comfortable of the pads i have tried (brainwavs angled, Knockoff MSR7 Pads, ATH-M50 Pads) i measured them at about 2.3 CM from driver to top of pad, very close to the MSR-7 Pads i have which i measure at about 1.9 cm
sound was very similar to my ears. maybe you lose a little something on the bass, but very slight ill take them for superior comfort.

Sine Pads 1.png
sine pads 2.png
sine pads 3.png

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #3,940 of 4,775
Got a used Pair from the buy sell forums here, they came with the pad adapters immediately i have started using different pads. Found one option i have not seen on the thread yet. I'm using the sure SRH-1540 Pads
Wow they looks much bigger than the original MSR7 Pad I have installed. Seems super comfortable. I might want to try it too :)

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #3,941 of 4,775
Honestly I think I sold off my Sine too quickly as I get a bit overwhelmed when my headphone collection gets too large, and I bought the EL-8 Ti and Sine so I could decide which I prefer as they’d both serve the same purpose in my collection.

Sound is a lot better when using them as an on-ear as intended vs as an over-ear as I was initially unintentionally by extending the pads all the way down. Both the EL-8 and Sine have their high points, with the EL-8 feeling like a larger Sine in a lot of ways with bigger sound and better separation though the Sine has better imaging and what I’d consider a more neutral signature. Both are phenomenal, I’m seriously considering sourcing a new Sine as I’ve learned not to impulsively make decisions as I find myself returning/selling and re-buying gear.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #3,942 of 4,775
Still curious if a gen 2 is in the pipeline. What Audeze is doing with the iSine line is innovative, but it would take a lot to get me to stop hating the IEM form factor and the odd fit of the iSine did it no favors for me even if it is a very impressive feat of engineering. I wouldn’t necessarily be surprised if the Sine evolved into iSine, though I still think Audeze has a lot of potential with portable planar magnetic headphones built off of the Sine platform. If done right, Audeze truly develops some of the best drivers in the industry so they could dominate the wired (or even wireless?) portable high-end headphone market.

Sine DX is tempting and truly special but not as much so at the same $599 price as the LCD-2 Classic.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #3,943 of 4,775
Still curious if a gen 2 is in the pipeline. What Audeze is doing with the iSine line is innovative, but it would take a lot to get me to stop hating the IEM form factor and the odd fit of the iSine did it no favors for me even if it is a very impressive feat of engineering. I wouldn’t necessarily be surprised if the Sine evolved into iSine, though I still think Audeze has a lot of potential with portable planar magnetic headphones built off of the Sine platform. If done right, Audeze truly develops some of the best drivers in the industry so they could dominate the wired (or even wireless?) portable high-end headphone market.

Sine DX is tempting and truly special but not as much so at the same $599 price as the LCD-2 Classic.

There will always be a newer and maybe better version off course.

All i can say i enjoy them very much with the Msr7 conversion especially with the velours pads. Very comfortable..

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #3,944 of 4,775
There will always be a newer and maybe better version off course.

All i can say i enjoy them very much with the Msr7 conversion especially with the velours pads. Very comfortable..

I wouldn’t be too surprised if iSine is the successor to the Sine, which would be a shame since not everyone prefers IEMs and the Sine is a beautiful, capable headphone.

I didn’t think the Sine was uncomfortable but I imagine if they released a gen 2 that was more comfortable (the main complaint against the Sine) and at a lower price point they’d be a huge hit.

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #3,945 of 4,775
I wouldn’t be too surprised if iSine is the successor to the Sine, which would be a shame since not everyone prefers IEMs and the Sine is a beautiful, capable headphone.

I didn’t think the Sine was uncomfortable but I imagine if they released a gen 2 that was more comfortable (the main complaint against the Sine) and at a lower price point they’d be a huge hit.

Sine v2 for me would be: same size, slightly lighter weight, slightly larger ear pads, and tune down the treble just a smidge (i.e. a tad warmer) -- that would be great.

Also making the open back version more available would be great too (or something like the M560 or EditionS where you can go back and forth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back