Audeze SINE Series
Feb 4, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #3,947 of 4,775
Audeze is producing more Sine headphones! (Or just releasing more for sale per Amazon.) Now, do I go for the Sine or keep my EL-8? I actually have an order at Black Friday pricing from an authorized retailer I’ve been waiting to be fulfilled. Actually a bit torn since I started loving the Sine once I realized that they sound way better as on-ear as intended rather than extended all the way down effectively as a shallow over-ear.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #3,949 of 4,775
Audeze is producing more Sine headphones! (Or just releasing more for sale per Amazon.) Now, do I go for the Sine or keep my EL-8? I actually have an order at Black Friday pricing from an authorized reader I’ve been waiting to be fulfilled. Actually a bit torn since I started loving the Sine once I realized that they sound way better as on-ear as intended rather than extended all the way down effectively as a shallow over-ear.

Was there some fear of it being discontinued? It's available at many online retailers and you can get it quite cheap used too.

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #3,951 of 4,775
It actually was discontinued last year, which I confirmed with Audeze.

Oh did not know! I do hope they come out with a new version of it. It's a great headphone and Audeze needs something like it that's in the more affordable price range for consumers.

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #3,953 of 4,775
FWIW, the open back version became available at Audeze website.

Beautiful, but $599 (the same price as LCD2C) is too rich for my blood. Still very interested in buying a LCD-2 or better in the future. For now portable and Cipher fits my life better.

EL-8 Titanium has more of a wow effect on first impression, but I do miss the Sine. I think the Sine might have had a better overall sound signature, I’m a bit ambivalent in which is better. There was something magical about the Sine as well...

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #3,954 of 4,775
Beautiful, but $599 (the same price as LCD2C) is too rich for my blood. Still very interested in buying a LCD-2 or better in the future. For now portable and Cipher fits my life better.

EL-8 Titanium has more of a wow effect on first impression, but I do miss the Sine. I think the Sine might have had a better overall sound signature, I’m a bit ambivalent in which is better. There was something magical about the Sine as well...
Pretty sure I saw the LCD2C go up to $799 on my birthday, 1 Feb. :frowning2:

I now effectively have the EL-8 Titanium with the EL-8 closed 2016 + cipher cable, still curious as to how that differs from the Sine sound.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #3,955 of 4,775
Feb 8, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #3,956 of 4,775
MVIMG_20180208_205805.jpg
balanced cable is ready.

Now I have to wait patiently on the DAP.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #3,957 of 4,775
balanced cable is ready.

Now I have to wait patiently on the DAP.
I made a couple cables that look just like that, but they are single ended :wink: I was going to make a 2.5mm balanced one at some point (if and when I get a balanced amp)

Feb 11, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #3,959 of 4,775
Feb 11, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #3,960 of 4,775
Pretty sure I saw the LCD2C go up to $799 on my birthday, 1 Feb. :frowning2:

I now effectively have the EL-8 Titanium with the EL-8 closed 2016 + cipher cable, still curious as to how that differs from the Sine sound.

Cool that you ended up with the EL-8, it’s a great headphone for the money. I actually asked Audeze if the FR on the Titanium differs from the closed version.

EL-8 and Sine are both musical detail-resolving headphones, and I’m still not sure which is better which is a definite compliment to the Sine since EL-8 is also a great headphone. I think Sine is more neutral overall even with the Cipher.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back