Audeze SINE Series
Dec 12, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #3,001 of 4,788
  This might be of use to those who are USA-based. Adorama and Appleinsider have a deal on for the Sines with Cipher cable for $350:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/12/12/lowest-price-ever-audeze-sine-on-ear-24-bit-high-resolution-lightning-headphones-for-350-150-off

Mine are wrapped up and sat under the Christmas tree. Roll on Dec 25th !!!

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #3,002 of 4,788
  This might be of use to those who are USA-based. Adorama and Appleinsider have a deal on for the Sines with Cipher cable for $350:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/12/12/lowest-price-ever-audeze-sine-on-ear-24-bit-high-resolution-lightning-headphones-for-350-150-off

Mine are wrapped up and sat under the Christmas tree. Roll on Dec 25th !!!

Well glad I checked this thread since I was planning on spending $500 for these in the near future. Thanks! (Even with $150off not sure my wallet is very thankful though lol)

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #3,003 of 4,788
I have three pads incoming to finish up my pad rolling.

I decided not to wait and post my impressions on 5 current pads i have now,
So later on today I will post.
:)
Edit:
Also my vesperaudio pads should be coming today :)

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,004 of 4,788
I have three pads incoming to finish up my pad rolling.

I decided not to wait and post my impressions on 5 current pads i have now,
So later on today I will post.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit:
Also my vesperaudio pads should be coming today
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't received my Sine yet, but am I seeing correctly on VesperAudio that they sell pads that turn them from on ear to over ear headphones?

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #3,006 of 4,788

http://vesperaudio.com/earpads?brand=83

Just curious if I am interpreting that correctly or not. There are Sine over ear pads listed, and unless I missed something there are no Sine over headphones in existence.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,007 of 4,788
  I haven't received my Sine yet, but am I seeing correctly on VesperAudio that they sell pads that turn them from on ear to over ear headphones?

not to shamelessly plug my stuff, but this is what @Maxx134 was referring to: http://www.head-fi.org/t/793518/audeze-sine-series/2325#post_12803243

Personally I haven't tried the Vesper pads, but the adapters are designed for basically any pads.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #3,009 of 4,788

not to shamelessly plug my stuff, but this is what @Maxx134 was referring to: http://www.head-fi.org/t/793518/audeze-sine-series/2325#post_12803243

Personally I haven't tried the Vesper pads, but the adapters are designed for basically any pads.

Oh wow, that's really cool! I haven't received my Sine yet as I said, but are those something you sell if I decide in the future that I wanted to go over ear? Which pads have you tried them with and besides being more comfortable, did you find the sound to change at all with different pads?

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #3,010 of 4,788
  Oh wow, that's really cool! I haven't received my Sine yet as I said, but are those something you sell if I decide in the future that I wanted to go over ear? Which pads have you tried them with and besides being more comfortable, did you find the sound to change at all with different pads?

Thank you! I showed them to Sankar at an event, and he thought the same thing :)
PM me when you get them!

I've tried HM5s and MSR7 pads. 
HM5 pads are, as many will confirm, very comfortable, but IMO screw up the sound because they move the driver too far from your ear. Lots of material in there for pad bounce. It's easy to simulate with many headphones, just try pushing the drivers closer/pulling them further from your ears and see how the sound changes. These will fit on (albiet loosely) without adapters.

My favorite are the MSR7 pads, since they are soft, high-quality, and don't seem to add any significant amount of distance. I haven't tried those Vespers though.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #3,011 of 4,788

Thank you! I showed them to Sankar at an event, and he thought the same thing :)
PM me when you get them!

I've tried HM5s and MSR7 pads. 
HM5 pads are, as many will confirm, very comfortable, but IMO screw up the sound because they move the driver too far from your ear. Lots of material in there for pad bounce. It's easy to simulate with many headphones, just try pushing the drivers closer/pulling them further from your ears and see how the sound changes. These will fit on (albiet loosely) without adapters.

My favorite are the MSR7 pads, since they are soft, high-quality, and don't seem to add any significant amount of distance. I haven't tried those Vespers though.

Will do for sure. I was able to grab a pair of Sines with the Cipher cable for $150 off yesterday, but it will probably be a week before I get them. On ears don't bother me too much, but if I can make them more comfortable without messing up the sound in a negative way, I'm all for it.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #3,012 of 4,788
  Will do for sure. I was able to grab a pair of Sines with the Cipher cable for $150 off yesterday, but it will probably be a week before I get them. On ears don't bother me too much, but if I can make them more comfortable without messing up the sound in a negative way, I'm all for it.

Initially, it could be a little stiff on the ears. With time (30 days), the headband loosens up and for me it isn't too bad anymore. I can easily leave them on for several hours.

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,013 of 4,788
The battery life on my iPhone 7 and cipher cable is amazing. At around 40% volume and playing AAC files, I am losing about 3% battery life per hour of play. Since my normal day to day use is around 50-60% battery, I have no fear of running my battery down.

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #3,014 of 4,788
Bit the bullet and ordered a Fiio A5. Should arrive in 2 more days. Meets the SINE power requirement whereas my X3ii directly does not. Will find out first hand if going from ~200mW (X3ii) to 800mW (A5) makes a difference with the 500mW-1KmW SINE. Can't stand the thought of missing out on details/impact or whatever it is I might not be hearing with less than optimal power. The SINE are so good, I think it's worth the additional investment. If not, I can always send the A5 back. Don't want the xtra baggage if it doesn't do anything.

Also considered the Fiio K5 and Schiit Magni 2. Both have more power for more headphone options down the road. But both are desktop solutions. With the SINE not actually needing more power than the A5 can deliver, decided portable was the way to go. Here comes a new brick. Can always get a desktop amp later if I get even more badass headphones. No that will never happen, the SINE will be my end game headphones. Yeah, right.

For kicks, I poised this scenario to Audeze customer service directly, with all the spec numbers, etc...Response was that an external amp should make a difference. Didn't seem like the person really studied the numbers though, or had anything useful to add such as the actual improvements I should hear. Maybe it's too subjective to say...will find out for myself later this week.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,015 of 4,788

Initially, it could be a little stiff on the ears. With time (30 days), the headband loosens up and for me it isn't too bad anymore. I can easily leave them on for several hours.

Thanks. This seems to be the consensus from a few people I've talked to. I'm hoping that these can be my last purchase for awhile and I like them enough to be my go to headphones at home and also something I can take outside of the house. I had it narrowed down to the Sine and the HD 650 and ultimately decided to go with the Sine because they were $150 off, I have an iPhone 7 Plus so the Cipher cable was compelling, and they are portable. The HD 650 is something I've always wanted to own, but for $350 the Sine seemed like such a better deal when you consider I'd obviously have to buy a decent amp/DAC to drive the HD 650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back