Audeze SINE Series
Dec 10, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #2,971 of 4,789

The Sines are much smaller. I don't have the hard case for the EL-8s, so I don't know how well the Sines would fit that case. Mine only came with a soft drawstring pouch.

Unless you order the Sines specifically with the Cipher cable, I think they generally only come with the regular cable (Cipher cable costs extra).

Does the cipher cable come USB c? I have lighting for my phone but USB c for my travel laptop would mean I wouldn't need the Chord Mojo

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #2,972 of 4,789
  Wow I find that hard to believe, I had to have a cable replaced and it was next day aired to me 6 months after purchase.

They did finally open a ticket for me. $150 to fix a broken gimbal/headband swivel--no RMA given yet and we're on day 4 now. I'm still deciding if I'll keep them after I get them back. They should have made these with a more robust alloy, but I guess that would have increased costs and maybe weight. I do like the small size. My Grado GR10 IEMs sound a bit better, but I hate those in all other respects due to having to fiddle with the fit constantly. At least the Sine goes on, stays on and always sounds decent because it's not slipping away from the sweet spot. 

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #2,973 of 4,789
  Does the sine only come with the cypher cable for iphone ? Do they not have a reg. cable or a USB C cable?

They sell two versions. For $459 you get a normal flat ribbon cable with a 3.5mm jack. For $499 you get the same with the added cypher cable with a built-in DAC. The cable has a mute and volume controls too. Don't use the case they send with it, it will only protect it from dust. If you want to keep them intact, get something made of wood or polymer.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #2,976 of 4,789
Hm, these reports of poor durability are worrying.

Anyone able to compare the Sine with the Meze 99 Classics? The added size might be a bit annoying, but I could deal with it.

How do the Sines compare to the LCD series signature-wise? I love the LCD series because of their super euphonic and textured bass/midrange. Does the Sine share these qualities?

Also, I heard the Sines can be demoed at Apple stores, is this the case? I'm nowhere near one right now, but will be flying over to an area with a ton of them soon.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #2,977 of 4,789

Anyone able to compare the Sine with the Meze 99 Classics? The added size might be a bit annoying, but I could deal with it.

How do the Sines compare to the LCD series signature-wise? I love the LCD series because of their super euphonic and textured bass/midrange. Does the Sine share these qualities?

Also, I heard the Sines can be demoed at Apple stores, is this the case? I'm nowhere near one right now, but will be flying over to an area with a ton of them soon.

I've had nothing but good experience with Audeze. You will find QC and bad customer service reviews for any company if you look every user experience is different.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2,978 of 4,789
  Would love the Cipher in a USB C. Iphone is okay but you know probably won't get one this gen. Since... apple.. lol.

Mojo is awesome but its annoying as hell fiddling with in heavy travel.

Maybe you should get something like the Dragonfly Dac for those situations. I too find the Mojo a hassle in certain situation, thus the Sine purchase. I do have to admit how convenient that little package is.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #2,979 of 4,789

Maybe you should get something like the Dragon Dac for those situations. I too find the Mojo a hassle in certain situation, thus the Sine purchase. I do have to admit how convenient that little package is.

The Dragon Fly thing in RED? That would work I assume that is what you mean? 

So Red Dragon for travel computer and Cipher for iphone. That would work.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #2,980 of 4,789

Go to apple.com, click on the Sines and then click on "CHECK AVAILABILITY" then put in your area code and you can see which apple store close to you has them in stock. Then call that store and ask them if you can demo them. Or heck just buy them, they have a 15-day return policy and if you don't like 'em, take 'em back or mail 'em back.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #2,981 of 4,789
  The Dragon Fly thing in RED? That would work I assume that is what you mean? 

So Red Dragon for travel computer and Cipher for iphone. That would work.

Yep. I haven't tried it and I see it sticks out but it's more convenient than a Mojo in travel situations, such as sitting on BART. I've read reviews and people seem to like it.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #2,982 of 4,789
I think I should say, for those worrying:

I bought my Sine used, and for months I use the Sine every day, and have had no durability problems.
I don't think it needs any special DAC or amp to sound good. It sure as **** does not *require* a $600 mojo.
I think it definitely benefits from more power than a phone headphone jack, but it's a planar so that's not surprising. The Cipher cable or HA-2 work great.

My only gripe with them was the on-ear comfort, but you all know that I solved that with my adapters and MSR7 pads.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #2,983 of 4,789
I think I should say, for those worrying:

I bought my Sine used, and for months I use the Sine every day, and have had no durability problems.
I don't think it needs any special DAC or amp to sound good. It sure as **** does not *require* a $600 mojo.
I think it definitely benefits from more power than a phone headphone jack, but it's a planar so that's not surprising. The Cipher cable or HA-2 work great.

My only gripe with them was the on-ear comfort, but you all know that I solved that with my adapters and MSR7 pads.

I think there is some confusion I already on the mojo for travel and use with my EL-8's. I want to go smaller, so Sine and dragon fly should work.

Plan is to sell the mojo and the Shure 535's and get the sine with cypher and reg. cable as well as maybe a Dragon for travel.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #2,984 of 4,789
I think there is some confusion I already on the mojo for travel and use with my EL-8's. I want to go smaller, so Sine and dragon fly should work.

I just meant in general.

I've been following this thread for a while, and I notice that occasionally it seems like hype gets built up around stuff like the Mojo.

I know it's powerful, but I worry that new buyers get the impression that the Sine is this headphone that doesn't sound good unless you buy a DAC/amp that costs more than the headphone, and that it breaks immediately.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,985 of 4,789
I just meant in general.

I've been following this thread for a while, and I notice that occasionally it seems like hype gets built up around stuff like the Mojo.

I know it's powerful, but I worry that new buyers get the impression that the Sine is this headphone that doesn't sound good unless you buy a DAC/amp that costs more than the headphone, and that it breaks immediately.

lol. Yeah Mojo really meant for a higher class of can. Not that it wouldn't help it sounds different but not really something I would pair with a portable. Mojo really is not portable friendly. I travel for a living and just got tired of bringing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back