Audeze SINE Series
Dec 10, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2,986 of 4,789
lol. Yeah Mojo really meant for a higher class of can. Not that it wouldn't help it sounds different but not really something I would pair with a portable. Mojo really is not portable friendly. I travel for a living and just got tired of bringing it.

I know right. I was tempted to get a Mojo to see if I could design a new smaller chassis for it. The lighted marbles are cute but really, it's not user friendly design.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #2,987 of 4,789
I know right. I was tempted to get a Mojo to see if I could design a new smaller chassis for it. The lighted marbles are cute but really, it's not user friendly design.

I use the Audeze Deckard at home with my EL-8's love the sound. Mojo was great sounding for its size but not small enough for me.

Sine Plus the Cipher seems like a great fit but still need an option to use with my laptop as well so Red Dragon Fly seems like another good match. If so I will sell the mojo

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,988 of 4,789

My only gripe with them was the on-ear comfort, but you all know that I solved that with my adapters and MSR7 pads.

I just went thru about 5 different pairs of pads, and with the help of your Sine adapters, I was able to find the best and utterly flabbergasting pad setting thus far...
So I will post my findings soon..
I tried alot and only waiting now on the vesperaudio pads to complete my journey...
That and a two more pads on way...
:)
Edit I have alot info but bottom line the Sine now surpasses all my previous portables in realism and liveliness factor...

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #2,989 of 4,789
The inserts from "inertianinja" was a nightmare to figure out how to insert, but once in,
I find them integral to achieving the best imaging and realism in sound.
Absolutely integral and necessary and those that have it need to try it.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #2,990 of 4,789
Dudes - For that were having trouble buying genuine MSR7 pads from audio-technica for use with my adapters...i spoke to the parts guy today, and he said basically he's doing his best to keep up - he's the only one in their parts ordering department!

I was shocked when both the Audio Technica pads came so quick and same time as your adapter plus inserts...

Luckily you placed 3 of the slim ones as I broke one on first attempt.

I don't know if you posted how to insert the inserts lol.

Basically, FOR THE AUDIO TECHNICA PADS:
I first pushed in the pointy end first in middle stretching the middle felt while the other end was working the leather to be stretched over,

Then I flipped it over like a pancake to slowly stretch the leather over the insert on that side,
since it was not totally in the leather because the first pointy area was streched into the middle felt...
Hope that makes sense...

Will post my pad findings soon..

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #2,991 of 4,789
  lol. Yeah Mojo really meant for a higher class of can. Not that it wouldn't help it sounds different but not really something I would pair with a portable. Mojo really is not portable friendly. I travel for a living and just got tired of bringing it.

totally hear you on that 'tired of bringing around the mojo'...even thinking of selling
mine and keeping the dragonfly red and/or buying the sine and cipher cable.

i finally got a chance to demo the sines aside my sony 7520 closed cans...yuppers
the sonys have a marked bass hump...sines are more balanced and a bit more detailed.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #2,992 of 4,789

My only gripe with them was the on-ear comfort, but you all know that I solved that with my adapters and MSR7 pads.

I just went thru about 5 different pairs of pads, and with the help of your Sine adapters, I was able to find the best and utterly flabbergasting pad setting thus far...
I tried alot and only waiting now on the vesperaudio pads to complete my journey...
:)
Edit I have alot info but bottom line the Sine now surpasses all my previous portables in realism and liveliness factor...

Which one you like most so far.

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #2,993 of 4,789
smily_headphones1.gif

The inserts from "inertianinja" was a nightmare to figure out how to insert, but once in,
I find them integral to achieving the best imaging and realism in sound.
Absolutely integral and necessary and those that have it need to try it.

I was shocked when both the Audio Technica pads came so quick and same time as your adapter plus inserts...

Luckily you placed 3 of the slim ones as I broke one on first attempt.

I don't know if you posted how to insert the inserts lol.

Basically, FOR THE AUDIO TECHNICA PADS:
I first pushed in the pointy end first in middle stretching the middle felt while the other end was working the leather to be stretched over,

Then I flipped it over like a pancake to slowly stretch the leather over the insert on that side,
since it was not totally in the leather because the first pointy area was streched into the middle felt...
Hope that makes sense...

Will post my pad findings soon..

Dude, I'm glad they're working out for you. Really, it's really rad to have someone like a thing I made.

(And yea, the inserts are optional and they're a bit of a bitch to get inside the pad, but it's only because we're stretching them to the max. I've been putting MSR7 pads on TH-X00s lately, and it's even harder!)

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #2,998 of 4,789
This might be of use to those who are USA-based. Adorama and Appleinsider have a deal on for the Sines with Cipher cable for $350:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/12/12/lowest-price-ever-audeze-sine-on-ear-24-bit-high-resolution-lightning-headphones-for-350-150-off

Mine are wrapped up and sat under the Christmas tree. Roll on Dec 25th !!!

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #2,999 of 4,789
  This might be of use to those who are USA-based. Adorama and Appleinsider have a deal on for the Sines with Cipher cable for $350:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/12/12/lowest-price-ever-audeze-sine-on-ear-24-bit-high-resolution-lightning-headphones-for-350-150-off

Mine are wrapped up and sat under the Christmas tree. Roll on Dec 25th !!!

wow great price....i'm in canada...we can take advantage of it, but would be charged $56 in shipping usps....ugh.
the headphone bar here in vancouver is offering $US380 for non cipher (in store only).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back