Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 23, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #6,541 of 7,191
If it's not on the website, I'm gonna say no. Probably for stability reasons.
I got terrible white noise after updating.
Want to downgrade.
And other voice saying two point four and Bluetooth, lol during source button pressed.

But white noise is really terrible just like listening to radio. Doesn't depend on source staining the same on both wireless and Bluetooth.

Mic is disconnected.

False alarm. Noise disappeared when I've set sidetone off. Is it as mentioned to be?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #6,542 of 7,191
I have a bug with the new firmware where when I use Penrose with PC (USB dongle) and iPhone (Bluetooth) at the same time, every time I lock the iPhone it makes the headset go to max volume.

In exclusive Bluetooth mode its fine, anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #6,543 of 7,191
I got terrible white noise after updating.
Want to downgrade.
And other voice saying two point four and Bluetooth, lol during source button pressed.

But white noise is really terrible just like listening to radio. Doesn't depend on source staining the same on both wireless and Bluetooth.

Mic is disconnected.

False alarm. Noise disappeared when I've set sidetone off. Is it as mentioned to be?
I get faint background noise with sidetone on. I turn off unless calibrating microphone

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #6,544 of 7,191
Is it just me or did they fix the wooshing sound in the left (I think it was left, right?) cup with the latest update?
It's the first time picking up the penrose in a couple of months and this is a nice surprise.

Or maybe I just haven't used them for long enough.

EDIT: LOL nope, it's back. damn.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #6,546 of 7,191
2.4 AND!)) Bluetooth is really odd sounding during source selection))
Stopgap for now. I'm personally making new voice prompts, so by the next one, we'll hopefully have much better prompts.

Dec 26, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #6,549 of 7,191
Hi, I have the Audeze Penrose witch I've been using for a while, and today the multi function button stopped operating.
I can't switch to Bluetooth or any other inputs, I can only use it wireless with a dongle.
the button does not press in, it seems to be stuck or something.
I love using these headphones while watching TV or with my phone but now I can't anymore.
Any suggestion?
Thank you.

Dec 26, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #6,550 of 7,191
Hi, I have the Audeze Penrose witch I've been using for a while, and today the multi function button stopped operating.
I can't switch to Bluetooth or any other inputs, I can only use it wireless with a dongle.
I love using these headphones while watching TV or with my phone but now I can't anymore.
Any suggestion?
Thank you.
Sounds like physical issue so even less options for fans here to help you.
Are you UK/EU or USA/ROW? Either way raise support ticket to Audeze and/or your supplier

Dec 26, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #6,552 of 7,191
Any suggestion?
Thank you.
We're off on Holidays and weekends. We'll get to you tomorrow.

Word of advice guys, contact us at support@audeze via email. We tend to get through these much easier/faster than phone calls. Most phone calls I would direct straight to the email support anyways as we have to put them on our records.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #6,553 of 7,191
We're off on Holidays and weekends. We'll get to you tomorrow.

Word of advice guys, contact us at support@audeze via email. We tend to get through these much easier/faster than phone calls. Most phone calls I would direct straight to the email support anyways as we have to put them on our records.
Ok thanks for the tip, I emailed them through the website and got a ticket number.
Have a wonderful day!

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #6,554 of 7,191
Is it just me or did they fix the wooshing sound in the left (I think it was left, right?) cup with the latest update?
It's the first time picking up the penrose in a couple of months and this is a nice surprise.

Or maybe I just haven't used them for long enough.

EDIT: LOL nope, it's back. damn.
Personally, it's in my right earcup.

I suppose the battery is in here and it's not isolated properly. It might be a bad soldering of the connector or the lack of a filter, something like that.
In my case i'm pretty sure that no update can fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back