Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Apr 1, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #5,671 of 7,191
Anyone having issues getting their Penrose to be detected by other devices when put into Pairing mode?

So, I finally got it connected. I guess switching to BT mode doesn't disable Wireless 2.4 GHz given that the headset keeps spamming "Connected" at me. I really hope the company that Audeze outsources to adds these types of basic features to the Penrose soon.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #5,674 of 7,191
Anyone having issues getting their Penrose to be detected by other devices when put into Pairing mode?

So, I finally got it connected. I guess switching to BT mode doesn't disable Wireless 2.4 GHz given that the headset keeps spamming "Connected" at me. I really hope the company that Audeze outsources to adds these types of basic features to the Penrose soon.
BT-only mode is coming in the next firmware update

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #5,675 of 7,191
have you tried making it further away from your mouth and facing the mic upwards? thats what work for me
I'm trying to picture this..I have pulled it towards and away but always kept the mic at roughly a 30-60 degree angle. Since the mic monitoring gets so low at more than like an inch away I usually keep it right about 1 inch. Are you saying to angle it more like 90 degrees?

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #5,679 of 7,191
I'm trying to picture this..I have pulled it towards and away but always kept the mic at roughly a 30-60 degree angle. Since the mic monitoring gets so low at more than like an inch away I usually keep it right about 1 inch. Are you saying to angle it more like 90 degrees?
yup for me it was like that made if as far away as it can reach infront below my mouth and angled upwards, but im now using the cheapo mic work better, it sound clearer to my friends in discord, they can understand me better

just try to make it far away as posible, i notice it before if i put it to close like what i do with my other headsets it would sound super muffled like talking behind a pillow or someone just put a shock to your mouth hahahaha

also if your using discord try to turn off noise canceling first and see if it helps, i think because the mic has like a wider band (sorry i dont know the proper term) the noise cancelling thinks its a backround noise, you can test it out in discord like if you whistle or say ahhhhhhh for a long time it will cancel it out

the silver grill mesh should be pointing up and the black with logo down and just turn the mic volume up if its to low

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #5,681 of 7,191
I tested both an antlion modmic and this cheapo one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087T3GW9C

Cheapo one sounds better than the stock one. I also think the antlion and cheapo one sound better not going through this headset at all so it is doing some filtering to it no matter what mic you plugin. The amazon mic will reduce the mic monitoring even further though due to the nature of where its grabbing your voice from unless you put it on your mouth. I prefer a high level mic monitoring but that's a whole other story at the moment...at least my friends say I don't sound like I have a sock in my mouth.
same here im now using the cheapo mic hahahahahaha

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #5,685 of 7,191
frankly im already ok with the other features lacking in the penrose, the only main thing i want fix is the pops and cracking from the wifi
Think I had my first experience with this wifi issue. I had a high powered router right beside me for testing and there were skips and one "connected". Mostly it was fine though. The router wasn't locked to a specific wifi channel like the old router.

Might be worth fiddling with wifi router channels. I don't think we've got an answer on whether the penrose switches around channels to find the best.

Also did a quick bluetooth range test. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it has better range than earbuds I've tested but I got through 2-3 rooms. Windows and doors involved so not sure if I can say the walls were relevant throughout. No disconnect or interference. This was connected to samsung galaxy tab s7 plus. The quality of the paired bluetooth device is probably important (and bluetooth version)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back