Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Mar 24, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #5,524 of 7,191
Are there any patch notes on the firmware updates? Just updated to .15 after not using the headset for a couple months
Yep. Go here, and then scroll down to Patch Notes and click on "Penrose & HQ": https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

I will add that a new firmware version is due any day now. Was meant to be at the end of February, but it got delayed. A week or two ago they told me it would be a week or two before the next firmware (they were just testing it). So that makes it any day now.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #5,526 of 7,191
Following the instructions in the manual, I used a 5v 1amp charger and it took 5 and a half hours to charge fully from a low battery warning. Quite a difference considering it says it should take 3 hours to charge from 0 to 100%.
Do you guys think I have a dud battery?
I noticed the same...My Penrose X is new... I recently charge it a second time, and plugged it in the front USB Slot of my Xbox X Series. I took more than 5 hours to charge. I even thought it has a problem. But suddenly Light went off. It is working properly...I will see what happens during third charge. I havent been able to find AMP info for this USB.

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #5,527 of 7,191
I noticed the same...My Penrose X is new... I recently charge it a second time, and plugged it in the front USB Slot of my Xbox X Series. I took more than 5 hours to charge. I even thought it has a problem. But suddenly Light went off. It is working properly...I will see what happens during third charge. I havent been able to find AMP info for this USB.
I’m about 5 hours to charge as well, not really an issue as I charge it during the day and only use it at night.

Mar 25, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #5,532 of 7,191
I’m about 5 hours to charge as well, not really an issue as I charge it during the day and only use it at night.
got the same issue as well, brand new penrose x, takes at least 5h to charge. Tried both 5v/1a and 5v/2a: same charging time. I’ve contacted audeze support asking how on earth they got 3h charging time and what adapter they used, but they’ve just told me to take my headset to the authorized dealer for service

Mar 25, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #5,533 of 7,191
got the same issue as well, brand new penrose x, takes at least 5h to charge. Tried both 5v/1a and 5v/2a: same charging time. I’ve contacted audeze support asking how on earth they got 3h charging time and what adapter they used, but they’ve just told me to take my headset to the authorized dealer for service
Wow. So it is deemed a fault with the battery then? Has anyone managed to charge the headsets in 3 hours with a 5v 2a charger?

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #5,534 of 7,191
Wow. So it is deemed a fault with the battery then? Has anyone managed to charge the headsets in 3 hours with a 5v 2a charger?
I asked the same question, but got no reply from Audeze yet. Seems like a lot of people here reported the same issue, to me it looks like false marketing, rather than a defect. Battery life still feels like 15h, but I’ve never measured it. Will try to observe the battery life more closely

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #5,535 of 7,191
I asked the same question, but got no reply from Audeze yet. Seems like a lot of people here reported the same issue, to me it looks like false marketing, rather than a defect. Battery life still feels like 15h, but I’ve never measured it. Will try to observe the battery life more closely
I can again confirm after my third charge today using XBOX X Series front USB, that the process lasted 5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back