Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #4,322 of 7,191
Ok what about accidentally? And no I’m not being funny. Just trying to prepare my self because I returned my headset for PS5 just to keep on to much to keep 2 headsets.

I mean if it accidently happened it's not advertised as working with the ps5 on the penrose x so you'd have no argument to it not working because it's technically not supposed to work.

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #4,324 of 7,191
Is there any chance that in the future this could be a selection / option? As a PC user, I also find it annoying that the device disappears. Half of my windows applications then decide to use a different audio device and subsequently do not transition back once the headset is turned back on.

For this reason I have to have a second pair of headphones connected to my motherboard, because changing back the settings EVERY time in applications has become too much.
My PC transitions to Audeze whenever I turn it on.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #4,327 of 7,191
This is required feature for Xbox compatibility and was the reason why the Xbox units got shipped later. Initially we treated the Dongle like an external amp. It would always register as an audio device irrespective of the headphone being on/off. So when a user who uses the dongle with a console, turns off the headset, because they want to use their speakers, this feature is extremely useful.

So we also implemented this in the PS version.

Thank you for this because it is extremely useful. I currently upgraded from a Plantronics Rig 800XL and Xbox must'vechanged their compatibility policy on this. I would have to unplug the Plantronics dongle everytime I was done using the headphones so I had access to my home theater settings in the Xbox. Now with the Penrose X I can leave the dongle plugged it at all times.

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #4,328 of 7,191
We had a few days off and are back at work today. It should be processed pretty quickly.

@Audeze

It has now been 7 full days since I last heard from your team, I would appreciate it if I could return this headset. See attached for chat log with your team.

To everyone who wishes to return this headset, make sure you get the process started ASAP and not right before your 30 days end! I have seen several other posts saying that the team is hard to get a hold of, even before the holidays.

AA29D431-52CC-4A67-ACFC-8D051B7D5E5E.jpeg

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #4,329 of 7,191
Thank you for this because it is extremely useful. I currently upgraded from a Plantronics Rig 800XL and Xbox must'vechanged their compatibility policy on this. I would have to unplug the Plantronics dongle everytime I was done using the headphones so I had access to my home theater settings in the Xbox. Now with the Penrose X I can leave the dongle plugged it at all times.
Mines been working weird on Series X. I have it set to bitstream, dolby and the headset to atmos. Whenever I turn off my headset it switches my av to stereo uncompressed.

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #4,330 of 7,191
@Audeze

It has now been 7 full days since I last heard from your team, I would appreciate it if I could return this headset. See attached for chat log with your team.

To everyone who wishes to return this headset, make sure you get the process started ASAP and not right before your 30 days end! I have seen several other posts saying that the team is hard to get a hold of, even before the holidays.

AA29D431-52CC-4A67-ACFC-8D051B7D5E5E.jpeg

Sorry about this, our support team was very busy this holiday between typical holiday tickets and lots and lots of Penrose tickets. We should be caught up now however! Thanks for your patience everyone.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 6, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #4,331 of 7,191
Mines been working weird on Series X. I have it set to bitstream, dolby and the headset to atmos. Whenever I turn off my headset it switches my av to stereo uncompressed.

Microsoft may be better able to answer this, but sometimes I've noticed on our Series X that it won't select Dolby unless told to because its a paid app. I'd double check with Microsoft or Dolby on this though.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 7, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #4,332 of 7,191
Does anyone have any recommended router settings to help cut down on the popping/crackling issues? I know earlier in this thread there were some comments mentioning that people with Unifi/Amplifi routers seemed to be experiencing a lot of WiFi interference. That seems pretty random, but I have an Amplifi Alien router and continue to experience a decent amount of crackling/popping.

I’m using my Penrose with a PS5 for reference and I’ve already tried using a USB extender. That somewhat helped, but it didn’t fix the issue completely and I’m about ready to give up and start the return process.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #4,333 of 7,191
Does anyone have any recommended router settings to help cut down on the popping/crackling issues? I know earlier in this thread there were some comments mentioning that people with Unifi/Amplifi routers seemed to be experiencing a lot of WiFi interference. That seems pretty random, but I have an Amplifi Alien router and continue to experience a decent amount of crackling/popping.

I’m using my Penrose with a PS5 for reference and I’ve already tried using a USB extender. That somewhat helped, but it didn’t fix the issue completely and I’m about ready to give up and start the return process.
Same.man mine is my pc. It's having alot of cracking and popping very annoyed with it. And I can't return at my country

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #4,334 of 7,191

I have an Amplifi HD router and there is a setting that might help. It's in Wireless Settings > Advanced > 2.4Ghz Bandwidth. Set it to the minimum 20 Mhz which I believe should reduce the bandwidth it uses that might interfere with Penrose.

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #4,335 of 7,191
Our original design had the chat mix as the primary and volume gain as click+ rotate. In our beta testing everyone complained and we swapped it. Now it seems everyone wants it the other way. Maybe we should do a poll before changing them back again.

Perhaps just have this as an option in the HQ app to be able to swap, then people can choose their preference for how this mic dial performs. Those who the primary function to be mic gain can keep it, those who want chat mix can switch a toggle and reverse the functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back