Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 7, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #4,352 of 7,191
I don't know why nobody is talking about battery life and charging time. The maximum gameplay I could get out of these headphones was 12 hours, and also charging with 5V/1A takes almost 5 and a half hours. Charging it 5 hours and getting out 12 hours of gameplay until it completely shuts off does not seem practical. I thought I could get something close to 15 hours with these, and also, I was expecting them to charge fully in 3 hours with 5V/1A charger, as advertised.

What if I use a fast wired charger that I got with my galaxy s20 plus? It's up to 3amps. Will this cause an issue and hurt the headset or just charge faster. Or about the same?

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #4,354 of 7,191
I have an Amplifi HD router and there is a setting that might help. It's in Wireless Settings > Advanced > 2.4Ghz Bandwidth. Set it to the minimum 20 Mhz which I believe should reduce the bandwidth it uses that might interfere with Penrose.

Just so you guys are aware I think its been confirmed by others (and by myself as well) that the crackling/popping starts when the 2.4 ghz wireless starts going out of range. Mine is fine until I walk into my kitchen and it starts cracking/popping right before it loses connection.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #4,356 of 7,191
What if I use a fast wired charger that I got with my galaxy s20 plus? It's up to 3amps. Will this cause an issue and hurt the headset or just charge faster. Or about the same?
I would not do that without asking Audeze support. I have heard that fast charging could shorten battery life in the long run. I am also really frustrated that these do not charge fully in 3 hours with 5V/1A charger as advertised.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #4,357 of 7,191
Just so you guys are aware I think its been confirmed by others (and by myself as well) that the crackling/popping starts when the 2.4 ghz wireless starts going out of range. Mine is fine until I walk into my kitchen and it starts cracking/popping right before it loses connection.

I sit just a few feet away from my PS5 and I still get frequent crackling/popping.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #4,359 of 7,191
Then you probably have interference. How far can you go before it loses connection and disconnects?

I’m not getting a ton of disconnects—maybe one every hour or two—and I can walk from my living room, up some stairs and into my kitchen before it really struggles to stay connected. I can live with that, but it’s the more frequent crackling/popping that’s been an issue and why I was asking about different router settings I can try to help cut down on any interference.

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #4,360 of 7,191
Will there be a way to change Bluetooth and 2,4ghz volume separately on an iOS device?

As it is, with locked global volume, you can’t use both really at the same time as the Bluetooth is too loud to mention game sounds...
Would be nice if we could at least set it via the Audeze hq.
there are 2 functions on the mic wheel. Why not on the volume too?

Will the Audeze hq be released on Xbox too? and let me adjust es via 2,4?

thanks.

first impressions are great, much better sound than I was expecting. classes better than all other gaming headsets I tried (steelseries 9x, Astro a50) really impressive over Bluetooth.
Eq works great. It can match my DJ headphones (hd8 & hd25) pretty well in frequency response, even quality is not a really big gap.
i even think they are pretty comfortable, but the DJ headphones I usually wear even got more pressure...
These things can go loud, really loud. Much more than I need. Hurting my ears while there’s still no mentionable distortion.

connection via 2,4 is really bad, after 5 to 7m it starts cracking. No problems in the living room And within that range. Bluetooth seems fine so far...

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #4,361 of 7,191
Mines been working weird on Series X. I have it set to bitstream, dolby and the headset to atmos. Whenever I turn off my headset it switches my av to stereo uncompressed.
Set it to bitstream? In sound settings on series x correct?. Under which setting did you set it to bitstream? Because on series X only headset audio matters for a headset? The other is for speaker audio and thats for a receiver is that why?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #4,363 of 7,191
Set it to bitstream? In sound settings on series x correct?. Under which setting did you set it to bitstream? Because on series X only headset audio matters for a headset? The other is for speaker audio and thats for a receiver is that why?
On the speaker settings right? thats for Av recevers you know? Anytime i select it i get a warning Its only Headset audio which matters mate. Unless you have hdmi headset selected?.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #4,365 of 7,191
Will there be a way to change Bluetooth and 2,4ghz volume separately on an iOS device?

As it is, with locked global volume, you can’t use both really at the same time as the Bluetooth is too loud to mention game sounds...
Would be nice if we could at least set it via the Audeze hq.
there are 2 functions on the mic wheel. Why not on the volume too?

I also was complaining about this because I find the function useless unless you can control the volume independently. Any audio from Bluetooth is way too loud over the games I play even when i have the volume turn up to the max in the settings on the series X. The volume control when connected to bluetooth controls the master volume and Audeze confirmed earlier when i asked that there will be no way to change this as it is a hardware limitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back