Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #4,366 of 7,191
What about add more volume steps? Or make it configurable on the software.

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #4,368 of 7,191
What if I use a fast wired charger that I got with my galaxy s20 plus? It's up to 3amps. Will this cause an issue and hurt the headset or just charge faster. Or about the same?
I have just confirmed with Audeze support that any amperage is ok as long as the charger is 5V. They said that 3 hours charge time is only possible with a 2.4 amp fast charger.

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #4,371 of 7,191
Had mine for 9 days now.
Sound is amazing - but.. Insane White noise, reminds of an old moden, can only reach 5 meters on wireless before it gets "pops" in the sound, 4 charge only lasted 4-5.5 hours each on wireless only, if charging while being used, People Will hear a "humming sound from My mic.
AM the only one with these really unlycky issues?
Im pretty sure that i Will exchange these to a set of mobius instead, cant side by side test, but I remember the mobius as a better sounding, and definetly with lower noise/disturbance Even on Bluetooth connect ion.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #4,372 of 7,191
Had mine for 9 days now.
Sound is amazing - but.. Insane White noise, reminds of an old moden, can only reach 5 meters on wireless before it gets "pops" in the sound, 4 charge only lasted 4-5.5 hours each on wireless only, if charging while being used, People Will hear a "humming sound from My mic.
Im pretty sure that i Will exchange these to a set of mobius instead, cant side by side test, but I remember the mobius as a better sounding, and definetly with lower noise/disturbance Even on Bluetooth connect ion.

Pc user?

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #4,375 of 7,191
Had mine for 9 days now.
Yes the white noise is pretty noticeable, but in wireless mode is specially high when connected, and I also can barely hear a humming sound if I use them while charging (don't know if people also hear it because I don't use the penrose mic). I also hear like a wind noise that randomly appears sometimes in the left earcup and lasts between 5 and 30 seconds. Hope this can all be fixed (or at least reduced) in future updates.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #4,377 of 7,191
How long does your battery last? I think i might have a faulty pair, at least regarding the battery life
definitely longer than 4-5 hours, i would say i was around 10-12 before low battery came on. i typically charge them every other night though; only let them go a few days without charging to get a general battery life one time. i usually play for about 3 hours a night.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #4,378 of 7,191
How long does your battery last? I think i might have a faulty pair, at least regarding the battery life
I spoke to Audeze support the other day about battery life issues. They said that 15 hours of battery life is only possible with moderate audio levels, and the microphone switched off. I play with a high volume level and microphone turned on, and I get a low battery warning around the 9-hour mark and get 12 to 12 and a half hours of gameplay before it completely shuts off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back