Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 4, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #4,231 of 7,191
Do you not have an issue with others on console or PC hearing you while on the call? This is pretty annoying that the mic is active for both sources simultaneously for me.
Never tried. Will do some time and let you know.

Jan 4, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #4,232 of 7,191
Defintely meant muted haha

Not sure what else you could try besides "forgetting the device" from your bluetooth list and then repairing it. Maybe try a reboot of the phone too, that never hurts to try.

The software is so wonky that I have to disable bluetooth on one device such as my laptop and then repair to get back on the other such as my phone.

It's nice that they advertised all these features but so many feel rudementary and not polished to the point where I feel like they should have disabled them for further testing. Once they got all the bugs out, push out a firmware patch to enable them with less issues.
Thanks for the help I will give that a try shortly Just can't fathom it I tried it on my spare phone which is android and it works fine on there. I've had no issues except for the bluetooth connected mic when connected to iphone.

Jan 4, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #4,233 of 7,191
@Audeze I have been trying to process a return with your support team since December 28th due to comfort reasons. Vlad suggested stretching out the headset (which didnt work and shouldnt have to be done on a $300 headset) and I said that I have tried that and would like to process the return. I have not heard back since my last email (December 30th) and I have followed up twice since then.

It has almost been a month since the headset was delivered and I would like to send these back before the month passes.

Hope to hear from your team soon.
We had a few days off and are back at work today. It should be processed pretty quickly.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #4,235 of 7,191
@Audeze Do you know why my mic on the penrose X isn't working for calls on my iphone but it works for android, xbox, and pc. I've been trying to figure out why but can't seem to figure it out.
This is really strange. There are not many settings in Iphone to even disable the mic. Is the volume too low, or it just doesnt work at all ? How about a different application on iPhone like discord or Skype or even voice memo ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #4,236 of 7,191
Just have received PENROSE X.

I Will use them mostly with Xbox series x.
I notice that there's almost no bass (Warzone) at all, big downgrade comparing to my previous Siberia 800. I was expecting big WOW but it nothing than disappointment.

Also sound quality is the same as in Siberia 800 (except lack of bass in Penrose x).

Currently I regret I bought them.

Recently I had an occasion to test sony wh-1000xm3 and they are like WOW, I got shivers and 'gooseflesh' almost immediately - I expected the same from Penrose, but nothing similar had happen :/
I own both of those and couldn’t disagree more.

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #4,237 of 7,191
For now I've decided to keep these, as the current issues/features don't really affect me. That said, I noticed yesterday that when I shake my head a bit with the headset on, I hear something rattling inside the left ear cup?? Anybody else who has this problem? Doesn't seem quite right... wonder if it's related to the fact that the mute button doesn't work when I'm on wireless (but it does when I'm connected through USB).

Pretty sure it's due to the planar magnetic drivers: Audeze
Started happening to me today and I've had my pair for a month or so. Hopefully it goes away on its own...

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #4,238 of 7,191
Someone helps me please? I have a problem with my peronse x. If I have the sound of the helmets at maximum volume 100 and the sound in the chat mixer of the headphones to the maximum 100 and play games like call of duty, Gear of war 5, when there is a sound of explosions, grenades, helicopters,..... my peronse x They turn off

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #4,240 of 7,191
Hello all,

Just letting you know that received my Penrose X yesterday and after about 3h Gaming session (xbox series x) it was clear and obvoius to me that I have to return these headset.

It's unclear to me how this is possible that the most expensive gaming headset designed for xbox has so low quality, and by low quality I mean:

- constantly disconnects (2m from xbox),
- crackle sound, noises
- issues with proper set voice/chat audio

You could find more flaws, but above are enough to push me back to my 7y Old Siberia 800 (what a relief).

If you want to justify yourselfs and your purchase anyhow, go ahead, but IMHO this product is unfinished and should not be released for sale.

It's already packed.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #4,241 of 7,191
Hello all,

Just letting you know that received my Penrose X yesterday and after about 3h Gaming session (xbox series x) it was clear and obvoius to me that I have to return these headset.

It's unclear to me how this is possible that the most expensive gaming headset designed for xbox has so low quality, and by low quality I mean:

- constantly disconnects (2m from xbox),
- crackle sound, noises
- issues with proper set voice/chat audio

You could find more flaws, but above are enough to push me back to my 7y Old Siberia 800 (what a relief).

If you want to justify yourselfs and your purchase anyhow, go ahead, but IMHO this product is unfinished and should not be released for sale.

It's already packed.
Cool story, bro.

Mine works perfectly sooo......

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #4,242 of 7,191
@Audeze
Several have reported that the background noise is still very present and disturbs at low volume, they have been asked several times if it can be eliminated with an update, but there are no answers. I am waiting in Italy for my Penrose X, and this worries me for the use that I will do ... thanks
P.s. When will they arrive in Italy?

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #4,244 of 7,191
i realise that background noise, popping and connecting problems seem to be more common for PC and not console users.

sometimes electromagnetic interference may screw with the 2.4Ghz signal which may explain the problems.

try to distance your dongle from other devices/parts of your pc or setup eg using a USB hub or a USB extension cable (3.0 of course) and see if that helps

also watch out for magnets from speakers and audio equipment etc.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #4,245 of 7,191
I've had my Penrose headset for a few weeks now. I can safely say that on both PC and PlayStation I don't have any of the crackling/popping/static issues many here have reported, nor do I get any disconnects on either console of pc. Comfort is also very good for my personal head size, I can wear these for hours no problem.

The only thing I can assume is that there must be some defects on certain units or the wifi setup in individual households has a big impact on the user experience. I also don't have a PS5 or xbox, so perhaps some of the issues are specific to those consoles.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of iOS support, as I would've loved to be able to change EQ presets on the fly instead of having to connect to pc, but this is something I can live with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back