Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 3, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #4,156 of 7,191
Valorant for example.(I don't know if it's better to play with Atmos on PC or Windows Sonic x) )

I hope you add some combination to change the presets on the headphones, and also to change the name of the presets on the apps.

It would be great if you fix the microphone, because it don't sound as a Shure microphone... at least on Discord/games. (With sidetone sounds very nice.)

One last thing, do you recommend to increase the volume from the audio source, and then lower it on Penrose?

Best!
Please do a preset for Warzone. Ive been trying with windows sonic on/off, about 10 defferent EQ presets that yourselves and others have created and all of the in game presets. I have sort of settled with windows sonic on, boost low in game and an EQ that a redditor created. In game volume set to around 60.

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #4,158 of 7,191
Hi, after some mic-testing of penrose x on xbox party chat the feedback is I sound very ok. But also, everyone said the mic picks up a LOT of ambient noise. Like my humidifier, dishwasher etc.. is it possible to do something with this? Other than turning them of that is.

Thx.
Stian

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #4,159 of 7,191
Hi, after some mic-testing of penrose x on xbox party chat the feedback is I sound very ok. But also, everyone said the mic picks up a LOT of ambient noise. Like my humidifier, dishwasher etc.. is it possible to do something with this? Other than turning them of that is.

Thx.
Stian
Have you turned your mic gain down? There is also an option on the xbox i believe where you can adjust the noise cancellation within the mic. Try that aswell.

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #4,161 of 7,191
Valorant for example.(I don't know if it's better to play with Atmos on PC or Windows Sonic x) )

I hope you add some combination to change the presets on the headphones, and also to change the name of the presets on the apps.

It would be great if you fix the microphone, because it don't sound as a Shure microphone... at least on Discord/games. (With sidetone sounds very nice.)

One last thing, do you recommend to increase the volume from the audio source, and then lower it on Penrose?

Best!

They have said that for best results on PC use 100% volume on windows then adjust the volume on the headset. I also prefer Atmos over windows sonic FWIW.

Jan 3, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #4,162 of 7,191
I will be returning my Penrose X. Here is my experience:

I am using them on a PC with a Razer Viper Pro Wireless Mouse

1. The sound is actually great, no complaints there.
2. The fit is comfortable for my head.
3. There is an unacceptable amount of popping and cracking during game play, I believe this is due to the poor WIFI transmitter design.
4. The range of the dongle is about 2 feet before random disconnects starting happening. A previous post said this could be due to 2.4 GHz interference. I believe this is true, however, I have never had this issue with my previous Logitech G533 Wireless Headset. That headset had a 20-30 meter range through multiple rooms as well.
5. Wind noise still occurs when I first turn them on, but disappears after using them.
6. Still some minor feedback when microphone is unmuted.

It's a shame that the WIFI transmitter design is so poor, I would have really liked to keep this headset. I can wait a couple weeks for another firmware fix, but I am not hopeful.

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #4,165 of 7,191
Anyone already got their Penrose X from any shop in Europe? Supposedly all have been sent out from Audeze to EU distributors, still waiting for them to arrive in Poland.

Hej,

Anulowałem zamówienie w TopHiFi i wziąłem z Amazon fr - mają być u mnie w tym tygodniu (do 9 stycznia). Polecam zrobić to samo, nie będzie problemu z ewentualnym zwrotem, a i jest gwarancja dostawy w określonym czasie.

Edycja:
Chyba już się skończyły :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #4,168 of 7,191
Something which confuses me with this app. So I set my EQ in preset 1 but how do I save it to headset? do I just select it?. Normally on other headsets, I am required to save to headset on the app. This doesn't seem to do that? Is this a case of when it's highlighted then it's active?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #4,169 of 7,191
Hej,

Anulowałem zamówienie w TopHiFi i wziąłem z Amazon fr - mają być u mnie w tym tygodniu (do 9 stycznia). Polecam zrobić to samo, nie będzie problemu z ewentualnym zwrotem, a i jest gwarancja dostawy w określonym czasie.

Edycja:

Dzięki za info, ale akurat wziąłem w TopHifi na raty zero, także już poczekam :D No i pewnie na Amazonie były po 299 Euro, a jednak brałem w tej cenie przedsprzedażowej - 1299.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #4,170 of 7,191
Hej,

Edycja:
UPS Tracking (vendor CMA in germany) claims my Penrose X should arrive tuesday. I hope for a tracking update an delivery by tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back