Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 27, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #3,902 of 7,191
In the initial test/beta versions we had it the other way and it caused a lot of confusion. The click + rotate was finalized because it caused 1. lesser confusion 2. Once you get used to it, is quite simple. Since we support a lot of platforms, people use the mic gain to adjust their volume if someone on the other side says, the volume is too low.
We will continue to evaluate user feedback on this.
I agree with others here that this function seems to be set up backwards. Every other gaming headset I've used that had a chat mix is setup opposite of the Penrose.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #3,903 of 7,191
@cmdrdredd @67390gt

Battery over Bluetooth is already available. It works on IOS and Android. (See screenshots below).

Another user here where battery is not showing under BT for the Penrose X when connected to an Android device(Motorola phone and Lenovo tablet). The battery indicator does show up under BT when my Sennheiser headphones are connected along with other BT devices.

Another issue I noticed was that while the Penrose will connect to BT it is not recognized in the Android app unless you have phone calls enabled. I noticed that my tablet didn't have this enabled by default since it is not used for calls.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #3,908 of 7,191
Hi everyone!

I myself find the Penrose being quite a bit too sharp. By that I mean that the higher frequencies are sharp and a tad annoying for me. Anyone else share this experience? I should mention that I have pretty high volume on since I have a slight hearing issue.

If anyone else have the similar experience and have solved it (ie by a good EQ setting) then I would love to have your advice here.

/T

Dec 27, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #3,909 of 7,191
Hi everyone!

I myself find the Penrose being quite a bit too sharp. By that I mean that the higher frequencies are sharp and a tad annoying for me. Anyone else share this experience? I should mention that I have pretty high volume on since I have a slight hearing issue.

If anyone else have the similar experience and have solved it (ie by a good EQ setting) then I would love to have your advice here.

/T
I have noticed it become too shrill and painful on a few occasions. In particular on a few songs with high notes. I have not noticed it when gaming.

Dec 27, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #3,911 of 7,191
In the initial test/beta versions we had it the other way and it caused a lot of confusion. The click + rotate was finalized because it caused 1. lesser confusion 2. Once you get used to it, is quite simple. Since we support a lot of platforms, people use the mic gain to adjust their volume if someone on the other side says, the volume is too low.
We will continue to evaluate user feedback on this.
Another vote for changing it. I've never once needed to adjust my mic gain, but I change the party chat/game mix multiple times a session based on what's going on in the game. The click and change is cumbersome. I've used several other wireless headphones (turtle beach, lucid sound, and steelseries) and they all had it easily accessible to change the mix. None of them even had mic gain adjustments available and that wasn't a problem. Now this could be because I play Xbox and this is something headsets can easily do on Xbox. I've gotten used to it though and miss it. Otherwise, I love the headphones. They're comfortable. They sound great, and the connection is pretty stable for the most part.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #3,912 of 7,191
Hey all, I got my Penrose's last week and they've been working fine with the USB dongle plugged into the front of my PS5. When I went to use them last night though, they started sounding absolutely terrible with static/crackling and popping taking over. I'm not sure what has happened to them and nothing has changed in terms of my wifi connections around the house causing any interference etc. I've also done all the troubleshooting as suggested on the Audeze website. The headset otherwise works fine in Bluetooth and AUX mode. Could it be I have a faulty wireless dongle maybe? Video:

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #3,913 of 7,191
Must admit, the carbon replacement cups on the Penrose X looks a whole lot better than the ugly green. Been really enjoying the headset and am lucky to not have faced any of the issues a lot of folks are having here.

Did anyone try out the EQ presets from audeze? Some feedback would be appreciated. I'm hoping for an all in one that works with most gaming genres, I'm usually into Action adventures/ RPGs.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #3,914 of 7,191
Dec 28, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #3,915 of 7,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back