Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 27, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #3,886 of 7,191
I have the same issue on ps5. My friend has same issue on ps5 too. Crackling is a bigger issue for me whereas the permanent "connected" is his main issue. Wifi router is close by but I have never had this issue before on other 2.4 wireless headsets. Crackling lots on BT too. Not sure if I should contact supplier for a replacement?
This is my concern now. If this wireless issue cannot be fixed my country do not have 30 return policy means I have to stick with it

Dec 27, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #3,889 of 7,191
@Audeze Just wondering about all these differences people have got with range and dropouts. Some are fine, some not. Do you perhaps have a signal strength graph for the dongle you could share, to show the horizontal and vertical shape of the signal?
Interesting point. Vertical range seems a lot better to me (when its plug in the front of the ps5s usb on its side). I'm going to just get a usb extension cable to find a good place for the dongle.

Dec 27, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #3,891 of 7,191
Be able to tell you when I get my Penrose X (hopefully Monday) and try them out with my PS5. Will try on switch too, suspect it’ll work with the Switch dock

I received my Penrose X this week and I only have a PS5 for now. It works as expected, including the Tempest 3D sound as that is done on the PS5 side before the sound makes it to the headphones. They sound phenomenal while I was playing Demon’s Souls!

Hello, thank you very much for your answers.
I didn't know Penrose X was compatible with PS5.
PS5 does not appear on the Audeze website as compatible with Penrose X. Do you know why? And with Nintendo Switch??

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #3,894 of 7,191
All who has the wireless connection issue are you guys near the router?
My router is across the other side of the room and I still have problems.

I have the same issue on ps5. My friend has same issue on ps5 too. Crackling is a bigger issue for me whereas the permanent "connected" is his main issue. Wifi router is close by but I have never had this issue before on other 2.4 wireless headsets. Crackling lots on BT too. Not sure if I should contact supplier for a replacement?
Thanks for the feedback. Seems to be more common than I thought. I have a Plantronics wireless headset with a USB 2.4GHz wireless dongle for work and I can easily maintain a stable connection 2 rooms away.

I wonder if this connection and range issue can be fixed with a firmware update? @Audeze

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,897 of 7,191
@cmdrdredd @67390gt

Battery over Bluetooth is already available. It works on IOS and Android. (See screenshots below).
IOS_Battery.pngAndroid_Battery.png

The feature request was to have it available in the Windows app. We are testing it now and it will be released in the next version of the app.
Capture_PNG.png
The battery level isn't displaying on my Samsung galaxy note 10. I have another pair of headphones that shows the battery level. Please see below.
Screenshot_20201227-114100_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20201227-113910_Settings.jpg

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #3,898 of 7,191
After giving these a fair bit more time (a week or so), they have become a keeper and I won't be returning them. I've become more accustomed to the closed back nature, compared to the open backed headphones I'm used to and the convenience of a wireless set for console gaming makes such a difference compared to using a Creative G6 and draping cables across the lounge floor.

Added to that, these things just sound so good with music, compared to any other wireless gaming headset, so they become a real 'jack of all trades'.

I seem to be lucky with connection issues as I don't have any. No crackling on wireless or Bluetooth (despite my PS5/Wireless dongle only being about 2 feet from my router?).

The only issue that remains is the headband comfort - I had some Dekoni nuggets on but one got knocked off earlier so I've had to go back to the standard headband - just wish the padding was better.

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #3,900 of 7,191
After giving these a fair bit more time (a week or so), they have become a keeper and I won't be returning them. I've become more accustomed to the closed back nature, compared to the open backed headphones I'm used to and the convenience of a wireless set for console gaming makes such a difference compared to using a Creative G6 and draping cables across the lounge floor.

Added to that, these things just sound so good with music, compared to any other wireless gaming headset, so they become a real 'jack of all trades'.

I seem to be lucky with connection issues as I don't have any. No crackling on wireless or Bluetooth (despite my PS5/Wireless dongle only being about 2 feet from my router?).

The only issue that remains is the headband comfort - I had some Dekoni nuggets on but one got knocked off earlier so I've had to go back to the standard headband - just wish the padding was better.

I'm one of the lucky ones like yourself, no issues with crackling or drop outs.
I just wish the comfort was a little better and I wouldn't even consider sending these back one bit.

Really hoping they ease up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back