Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 26, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #3,856 of 7,191
Is there any chance to have the possibility (firmware) to switch so the chat mix is main function and you have to press it for mic gain.

I also coming from Turtle Beach where the two wheels control: 1st Game volume 2nd Chat volume.

I really dont unddrstand having the mic gain so easy change able, I know I will move it by misstake so many times

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #3,857 of 7,191
I myself had issue with G933 where it keeps having drop off previously

That just means you had the head band in the wrong position, due to the weight balance of the G933s (G935s too), you need to have the head band slightly forward compared to regular headphones. Very simple fix, always surprised/annoyed me when I saw reviews showing them falling off, and no one bothered to shift the headband to compensate the balance. Took me two seconds to figure out what the issue was.

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #3,858 of 7,191
That just means you had the head band in the wrong position, due to the weight balance of the G933s (G935s too), you need to have the head band slightly forward compared to regular headphones. Very simple fix, always surprised/annoyed me when I saw reviews showing them falling off, and no one bothered to shift the headband to compensate the balance. Took me two seconds to figure out what the issue was.
Sorry what I meant was connectivity drop offs.

Dec 26, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #3,860 of 7,191
Is there any chance to have the possibility (firmware) to switch so the chat mix is main function and you have to press it for mic gain.

I also coming from Turtle Beach where the two wheels control: 1st Game volume 2nd Chat volume.

I really dont unddrstand having the mic gain so easy change able, I know I will move it by misstake so many times
In the initial test/beta versions we had it the other way and it caused a lot of confusion. The click + rotate was finalized because it caused 1. lesser confusion 2. Once you get used to it, is quite simple. Since we support a lot of platforms, people use the mic gain to adjust their volume if someone on the other side says, the volume is too low.
We will continue to evaluate user feedback on this.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 26, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #3,868 of 7,191
Sorry what I meant was connectivity drop offs.
I've just received my Penrose and those early reports of drop outs and limited range have been confirmed for me. Seems like those on consoles don't really get these issues but on PC it's fairly common.

I tried following the troubleshooting page which included updating to the latest firmware, trying USB2/USB3 ports, powered USB hubs, turning off 2.4GHz wifi on my router and even trying the receiver in 2 different PCs. Unfortunately I still get drop outs and spammed "connected" when I just walk out of my room which is only 5 meters away.

I'm going to ring my retailer to see if I could get a new USB wireless dongle in case mine is faulty. If the new USB wireless dongle doesn't resolve my drop out and limited range issues I may have to return these headphones which is a shame since they sound so good. These issues are not what you would expect of such an expensive headphones.

Is there any one else here who just received their Penrose and are experiencing drop outs and limited range issues? Would love to hear your experiences.

Cheers

Dec 26, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #3,869 of 7,191
I've just received my Penrose and those early reports of drop outs and limited range have been confirmed for me. Seems like those on consoles don't really get these issues but on PC it's fairly common.

I tried following the troubleshooting page which included updating to the latest firmware, trying USB2/USB3 ports, powered USB hubs, turning off 2.4GHz wifi on my router and even trying the receiver in 2 different PCs. Unfortunately I still get drop outs and spammed "connected" when I just walk out of my room which is only 5 meters away.

I'm going to ring my retailer to see if I could get a new USB wireless dongle in case mine is faulty. If the new USB wireless dongle doesn't resolve my drop out and limited range issues I may have to return these headphones which is a shame since they sound so good. These issues are not what you would expect of such an expensive headphones.

Is there any one else here who just received their Penrose and are experiencing drop outs and limited range issues? Would love to hear your experiences.

Cheers

I am not having that issue but trying following this.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back