Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 12, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #3,196 of 7,191
You’re welcome! I just wore them for a four hour session and had zero comfort issues. When you attach the nuggets to the head band make sure you hold down the nuggets for about a minute with a lot of pressure. That’ll get the adhesive to stick as best as possible!
Do they also help with the pressure on your ears? Or only on the headband?

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #3,197 of 7,191
I was hopeful of mine arriving today from Hifiheadphones but seems they only sent them Friday as royal mail 24. bit annoyed they didn't use special delivery or DPD. have to wait for Monday now :frowning2:

Sadly as you may have seen, some that are sent on a 24 service arrive the next working day, others take a couple of days. This is out of our hands, but we did upgrade all standard orders to a RM24 service instead of the normal RM48 service we use.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #3,198 of 7,191
Do they also help with the pressure on your ears? Or only on the headband?
I noticed that the clamp around the ear felt looser, but not loose enough to not stay in position. With that being said, I didn’t have any ear pressure issues before - it was just the top of head pressure that caused the headaches.

im currently wearing 7Ps while the Penrose charge and god I wish the Penrose were this comfortable! It just doesn’t compare haha.
but I think I’ll end up returning the 7P and keeping the Penrose now that the nuggets helped the pressure issue.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #3,199 of 7,191
I noticed that the clamp around the ear felt looser, but not loose enough to not stay in position. With that being said, I didn’t have any ear pressure issues before - it was just the top of head pressure that caused the headaches.

im currently wearing 7Ps while the Penrose charge and god I wish the Penrose were this comfortable! It just doesn’t compare haha.
but I think I’ll end up returning the 7P and keeping the Penrose now that the nuggets helped the pressure issue.
Thank you for the response! I wish the same.

More comfort and actual working dual audio and these would be perfect . I hope they will patch the dual audio (@Audeze please...) , and hopefully my ears get used to the pressure on them 😁.

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #3,200 of 7,191

Can you upload a pic with the nuggets in place.?

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,201 of 7,191
Sadly as you may have seen, some that are sent on a 24 service arrive the next working day, others take a couple of days. This is out of our hands, but we did upgrade all standard orders to a RM24 service instead of the normal RM48 service we use.

Mine was definitely sent tracked 48, it says it on the tracking. Edit. This is because I only ordered it on Friday 11th

Re nuggets, im sure you could create something as effective for a lot less, are they not just a bit of foam wrapped in faux leather?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #3,202 of 7,191
Re nuggets, im sure you could create something as effective for a lot less, are they not just a bit of foam wrapped in faux leather?

Sure, but i'm not entirely keen on the idea of using brand new $400 AUD headphones with a bit of foam/bubblewrap duct taped to them.

Speaking of which... was there ever a resolution found for the audio being balanced slightly to the left of centre, apart from stuffing tissues in there?

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #3,204 of 7,191

Attachments

• 88B7DA7C-91EA-4008-A8BD-C9D0EE9B60E2.jpeg
    88B7DA7C-91EA-4008-A8BD-C9D0EE9B60E2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 994647C0-8193-4676-A758-A6B112A98C55.jpeg
    994647C0-8193-4676-A758-A6B112A98C55.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Dec 12, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #3,205 of 7,191
Sure, but i'm not entirely keen on the idea of using brand new $400 AUD headphones with a bit of foam/bubblewrap duct taped to them.

Speaking of which... was there ever a resolution found for the audio being balanced slightly to the left of centre, apart from stuffing tissues in there?
I haven’t heard to be honest. I haven’t noticed the audio being left of center but I’ll try to focus and if I experience that

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #3,207 of 7,191
Long time lurker first time poster here —

It seems the Penrose has “evolved” over the initial reviews, with a patch coming to sort out the infamous whooshing and louder-than-expected female “status” announcement.

With the latest development of potential wireless interference across a 2.4ghz band, do you guys think this is also something that can be patched somehow in the future?

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #3,210 of 7,191
Long time lurker first time poster here —

It seems the Penrose has “evolved” over the initial reviews, with a patch coming to sort out the infamous whooshing and louder-than-expected female “status” announcement.

With the latest development of potential wireless interference across a 2.4ghz band, do you guys think this is also something that can be patched somehow in the future?

I have a pretty long reddit thread about this problem, I can't go 3 feet from receiver without it cutting out. Super frustrating. I can live with some of the other issues (having to use dial on headphone vs windows volume, turn down mic from 100% so voice doesn't clip, can't program wirelessly, BT audio not working on PC), but the range is killing me. Audio quality is amazing but I can't go over 20 mins without 'Connected' chiming in my ear and my conf calls saying 'we lost you, what was that?'. Going to give it the week and if I can't find the secret sauce to keeping them connect, I'll have to return. I feel like the launch and what was promised was completely different, especially the comments from Audeze about things changing pre-shipment but post marketing.

I also have had a ticket open with support for 4 days now with no response from the company. Makes me nervous buying something new and creating a ticket, but no response from support and an outcry of issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back