Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 12, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #3,181 of 7,191
@TallPaul interesting about the bass, I always read talk about the bass on planars being above and beyond but perhaps it's a different meaning than just plain old 'more of it/heavier.
I have Fidelio X2s I don't expect to be blown away at all but I'm hoping for a much better sound that the Arctis mud7p.

Dec 12, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #3,182 of 7,191
One thing I'd like to have is more volume steps, I feel like the jump in volume beetween clicks is too big.

I did a totally scientific measurement of shoving my Apple Watch inside an earcup to get a db measurement. I got approximately 67 db when the volume was at about 3 clicks from zero on my phone. At 4 clicks, I got approximately 77-78 db. Ideally, I'd want something just in between.

Dec 12, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #3,183 of 7,191
You sure about that? All other data points indicate the Penrose mic is a significant improvement over the Mobius mic.
100% it sounds cleaner again I'm using itostly for discord so could be that I'll play around with again later but honestly the mobius moc sounds same as it did wired on the mobius when I tried it on 2.4ghz earlier.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #3,194 of 7,191
My only issue with this is that you have to spend another $30 on nuggets to make an already expensive headset, comfortable. That should not be OK. But, I get it.
Im with you... at the $300 price point comfort should be a GIVEN. these headphones are extremely uncomfortable out of the box. The pressure at the top gave me a headache within 30 minutes of wearing it every time.
I love the sound quality so I guess the $24 is worth it in some sense :/

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #3,195 of 7,191
Thanks for the feedback, looks like I’m up for another $45AUD then.
You’re welcome! I just wore them for a four hour session and had zero comfort issues. When you attach the nuggets to the head band make sure you hold down the nuggets for about a minute with a lot of pressure. That’ll get the adhesive to stick as best as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back