Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 28, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #2,196 of 7,196
Oh so the party chat will only work on their own platforms ie penrose x on Xbox etc
No, party chat works fine. They meant game/chat mixing. Sony headphones can change this from the headset, but third party headsets (like the Penrose) can’t. Instead, if using a third party headset then you have to change the game/chat mix via the PS5’s user interface.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #2,197 of 7,196
No, party chat works fine. They meant game/chat mixing. Sony headphones can change this from the headset, but third party headsets (like the Penrose) can’t. Instead, if using a third party headset then you have to change the game/chat mix via the PS5’s user interface.
Exactly and to be honest on the PS5 it's super easy to change with the UI

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #2,198 of 7,196
Got a FedEx notification for shipment on the Penrose. November 7th order. USA. Says it'll be here by next Friday.

I had hope they would do a faster shipping method but happy to see it's finally shipped. Will have to see if I end up keeping it or not once it's in-hand.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #2,200 of 7,196
Got mine just now. Threw em on and get through 3 songs. Gonna let them charge more.

Clamping force is fine.

These things feel like $300. Nice quality.

I do here to wooshing noise. Sounds like someone has a faucet running on the other end of the house. Barely noticeable.

Gonna get the audeze app on the pc and do some adjusting. Bass could be a punchier.

First headphones I've ever used on my phone that I didn't have to turn max volume and feel like I wanted more. 75% volume was LOUD

Nov 28, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #2,204 of 7,196
Finally got my tracking number! Hopefully the audio quality is as good as people say. Can anyone give impressions with replacement pads (Audeze replacement or Dekoni)? If I plan to keep these I’d prefer to get rid of the garish blue color immediately.

Nov 28, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #2,205 of 7,196
Finally got my tracking number! Hopefully the audio quality is as good as people say. Can anyone give impressions with replacement pads (Audeze replacement or Dekoni)? If I plan to keep these I’d prefer to get rid of the garish blue color immediately.

They are REALLY ugly both of them penrose
But as ps5 too what i want it is what they are capable of so..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back