Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 20, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #1,366 of 7,191
I'm hoping stuff still ships out this week. I ordered first week of November so I'm towards the back of the line but their tweet earlier in the week said all preorders would go out by the end of the week.
I asked Audeze_CS on Reddit, I ordered on Nov. 1 and they said week of Nov. 23, so it can be first thing on Monday or late next week.

Most definitely not by this Sunday though.

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,367 of 7,191
Are all the preorders for USA purchased directly from Audeze still expected to be shipped by the end of this week? Today's Friday, and I've been anxiously refreshing my email all week. Hopefully, I get a good one without any of these problems I've been reading about.
I'm pretty sure I preordered in mid October and I still haven't heard anything yet. I know it's COVID but they can only delay something so many times before it looks like incompetence

i pre-ordered mid october and received my shipping email a few minutes ago (tracking isn’t live yet though).

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #1,376 of 7,191
Out of the box, microphone doesn't work at all. That's a bummer. Also, no sidetone, either -- I get that it requires using the app for that, which is also a bummer. I would expect sidetone and the microphone to work without needing an app to set them up.

EDIT: USER ERROR-- the mute switch is not labeled so it's not clear which position is off vs on -- it would have been helpful for there to be something under the slider switch to indicate it was (like green when on, red when muted).

And the mic was not seated correctly, once I fixed those things, sidetone was indeed on by default. :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #1,378 of 7,191
Did you check if the Mic mute slider is not muted?

Yes, but it was difficult to tell which position is "muted" vs not, I recall I had the same issue with Mobius, there should be some coloration underneath the slider to make it obvious, like exposing green vs red when it's not muted vs muted, respectively -- also, I had to push the mic in further, although it seemed to be in, it turns out it was not, so my flicking the mute switch on and off at first had not been helpful since it was not seated in all the way.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #1,379 of 7,191
I love that I can get simultaneous audio from my phone and computer wirelessly at the same time -- probably the best thing so far as far as features. I've never had that ability with any other setup. I'm loving it.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,380 of 7,191
i pre-ordered mid october and received my shipping email a few minutes ago (tracking isn’t live yet though).

Damn, I ordered mine at the beginning of October, and no shipping email yet. Maybe I'll get one later today.

@Dksk8 said they got theirs, but they're not expected until NEXT Friday? That doesn't sound like expedited shipping at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back