Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 20, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #1,396 of 7,191
EDIT: After turning them off and re pairing they are suddenly much louder.

Hows the overall volume on yours? I got mine today and on pc with the wireless sound the volume is underwhelming. I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or if i'm expecting too much? I have the volume knob at 100% and the windows sound (even though it doesn't do anything) at 100%.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #1,397 of 7,191
@KMann or @Audeze
How do I update the firmware? When I click on the firmware tab, it just shows a blank pane. Also, I understand there is not a battery indicator on the device itself, but is there really not one shown on the Audeze HQ app either? Finally, the sidetone toggle in the app is confusing. When it says "On" does that mean it's already on or I am sliding it to turn it on?

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #1,398 of 7,191
@KMann or @Audeze
How do I update the firmware? When I click on the firmware tab, it just shows a blank pane. Also, I understand there is not a battery indicator on the device itself, but is there really not one shown on the Audeze HQ app either? Finally, the sidetone toggle in the app is confusing. When it says "On" does that mean it's already on or I am sliding it to turn it on?

There is no app for them currently outside of windows. Audeze HQ isnt used with penrose. Firmware was updated to the latest before shipping, so nothing to update.

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #1,400 of 7,191
LOL.. they're not so bad, I'm using them for work Zoom calls, and don't really care, the blue is very.. blue... but it's only on a very thin part of the unit so it's not at all bothering me a whit, it's certainly more subtle than the Mobius colorways.

Good god, how many Smurfs were harvested for that color? Yikes

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #1,402 of 7,191
LOL.. they're not so bad, I'm using them for work Zoom calls, and don't really care, the blue is very.. blue... but it's only on a very thin part of the unit so it's not at all bothering me a whit, it's certainly more subtle than the Mobius colorways.

1605908701446.jpeg
The side-eye that penetrates hearts :)

What’s your initial thoughts on the sound quality?

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,409 of 7,191
Well I just got my shipping confirmation that it will be here next Friday, with a nice receipt that say’s standard shipping... guess I’ll call FedEx pay extra and actually expedite it...

I’m trying really hard to not fault the company that I WANT to love, but this thread doesn’t make me confident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back