Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #1,381 of 7,191
@Audeze two more issues:

• Just got an incoming call ring on my iPhone via BT and it (nicely) lowered the volume of the music playing on my connected Mac (2.4 GHz), but when I declined the call, the volume stayed very low on the headset and I had to manually adjust volume back way up to get it back to the same level I had before the call sound interrupted the Mac audio stream.
  • No Audeze HQ app for Penrose on Mac? I do have a Microsoft Surface Go so I will use that if necessary for now but is a Mac update for Audeze HQ (which I had since I used to have the Mobius) forthcoming or do I need to continue to use Windows machine for Penrose config on Audeze HQ?

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #1,382 of 7,191
@Audeze two more issues:

• Just got an incoming call ring on my iPhone via BT and it (nicely) lowered the volume of the music playing on my connected Mac (2.4 GHz), but when I declined the call, the volume stayed very low on the headset and I had to manually adjust volume back way up to get it back to the same level I had before the call sound interrupted the Mac audio stream.
  • No Audeze HQ app for Penrose on Mac? I do have a Microsoft Surface Go so I will use that if necessary for now but is a Mac update for Audeze HQ (which I had since I used to have the Mobius) forthcoming or do I need to continue to use Windows machine for Penrose config on Audeze HQ?
Yes both Mac and Android Apps will be available and both will support FW updates.

We are looking to incorporate some of the feedback we have been receiving via FW updates.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,383 of 7,191
Yes both Mac and Android Apps will be available and both will support FW updates.

We are looking to incorporate some of the feedback we have been receiving via FW updates.
From what I understand, the app for Mac and Android are still "coming soon" or is it available now?

If it's not available as of right now on those platforms, when can we expect it to be available?

I just don't understand why an app (Audeze HQ) is limited to Windows on release when firmware updates and other setting adjustments are pretty important to the users.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #1,384 of 7,191
From what I understand, the app for Mac and Android are still "coming soon" or is it available now?

If it's not available as of right now on those platforms, when can we expect it to be available?

I just don't understand why an app (Audeze HQ) is limited to Windows on release when firmware updates and other setting adjustments are pretty important to the users.

My thought is that they wanted to rush it in order to get it out for the next gen launch?

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #1,391 of 7,191
What would be the best replacements for these pads? I'm not really digging the blue look either. Dekoni or some other brand?

I recall someone earlier posted with a replacement and it looked quite nice. Which replacement pads were those, and how are the comfort? Do they change the sound signature significantly?

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #1,392 of 7,191
What would be the best replacements for these pads? I'm not really digging the blue look either. Dekoni or some other brand?

I recall someone earlier posted with a replacement and it looked quite nice. Which replacement pads were those, and how are the comfort? Do they change the sound signature significantly?

So this is honestly a 2 part, expensive solution. You have to order the carbon replacements for $30 to change the color and then if you want more breathable pads, get Dekoni suedes which are $60.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,393 of 7,191

It's not available yet on Mac, I checked minutes ago - but was told that it will be forthcoming. I recommend people getting cutting edge products just launched and shipped be multi-platform capable. :). While my Mac is my main "box", I also have Windows machines and always will for various reasons, one being this kind of thing.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #1,394 of 7,191
Just unboxed my Penrose and am charging them. First impression, the blue is even more hideous live than I was expecting. Can't believe I am considering ordering the carbon replacements due to just cosmetics.

LOL.. they're not so bad, I'm using them for work Zoom calls, and don't really care, the blue is very.. blue... but it's only on a very thin part of the unit so it's not at all bothering me a whit, it's certainly more subtle than the Mobius colorways.

1605908701446.jpeg

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,395 of 7,191
Yeah, going to have to order the carbon replacements before swapping out the actual pads to dekoni as they use sticky tape. This blue is just too much for me and makes the entire thing look like a toy. I understand fashion can be polarizing, but good lord! If it was a dark, metallic navy blue it would have been so much better. This is just very in your face and I know will bother me every time I look at it.

IMG_1499.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back