Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #5,222 of 7,191
Hey, I just got my Penrose and for some reason every time I try to use the mic, my volume disapears.

For example, if I go in to sound settings, then in to "input", the volume disapears. Same thing in discord, every time I join a channel, the volume disapears. If I go in to discord settings, the volume disapears.

Anyone knows why or how to fix this? I am connected via BT to my PC.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #5,223 of 7,191
i only have a router and i turned it off while testing. I even turned off my microwaves :D

About the microphone i tried every position possible, no change.

For microphone, I think he means have you taken off the foam cover and checked you have it facing the correct way? When I first fitted mine it was rotated outwards.

Also did you try the config on the FAQ?

However, there is still a serious issue with the Mic drivers.
Mic is muted each time headset powers off - very frustrating. I found I needed to re-enable Microphone in the detailed Windows control panel.
(My colleagues were initially only hearing me through my laptop microphone, not actually from the Penrose at all.)

Also Windows Mic gain keeps getting reset to 40 each time headset was power-off - still very frustrating to need to both do several mouse clicks to get here, some more to unmute the microphone, and yet more to scroll the slider to the mic gain that you've calibrated successfully. e.g. I find 50 Windows works with headset gain to 85%.

Note you need to go into the proper control panel. the mickey-mouse one you first reach will tell you your Penrose Mic is on when it is not [second screenshot below]

Screenshots of the issue below

Microphone Muted and Gain set to 40

1614280062347.png

Microphone status mis-reported by Windows

1614280092052.png

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #5,224 of 7,191
Hey, I just got my Penrose and for some reason every time I try to use the mic, my volume disapears.

For example, if I go in to sound settings, then in to "input", the volume disapears. Same thing in discord, every time I join a channel, the volume disapears. If I go in to discord settings, the volume disapears.

Anyone knows why or how to fix this? I am connected via BT to my PC.
see post just above. Thumbs-up if you want @Audeze to fix and maybe log with their support team? They're not replying to my messages on this thread alone.

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #5,227 of 7,191
Hello everyone,
This week, I recieved my Penrose X, I like very much the sound but the headband is very unconfortable for me. Gives me a "hot spot" on the top of my head.
Please, can you recommend me a headband accesory for solved this issue?? I from Europe, maybe Amazon, EU store o aliexpress?
Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back