Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 10, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #4,427 of 7,191
Hi guys I've attached the frequency response chart I got for a friend who makes EQ's for me for gaming. hes asked me if the chart which i've attached that I sent him is a target/response curve or Raw target curve. Can someone help me with this? I am a little over my head with this.

Forgive if my terminology is off I have to translate it. It could be he meant either raw target curve or response curve.

So I've got it now he knows what one line is but can't work out what the green line is??

TLDR It is just the green line i need the name for @Audeze
Green line is the target. More interestingly though, where did you obtain this graph? I believe Audeze owns a GRAS KEMAR, but I didn't see them post this in this thread themselves...

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #4,429 of 7,191
1B73BA60-408A-4B48-ACEE-5B4E38F505D5.jpeg

Nervously waiting to see how much $ they’re gonna charge me to return these poorly crafted, lovely sounding cans.
I shouldn’t have to feel this way.
Ear ups did not freely swivel, and would not conform to shape of head. These actually broke while they were on my head. (Heart dropped)

After seeing what that joint is made of, it’s no surprise that they wouldn’t swivel.
Definition of compromised audio.

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #4,430 of 7,191
Nervously waiting to see how much $ they’re gonna charge me to return these poorly crafted, lovely sounding cans.
Ear ups did not freely swivel, and would not conform to shape of head. These actually broke while they were on my head. (Heart dropped)1B73BA60-408A-4B48-ACEE-5B4E38F505D5.jpeg
After seeing what that joint is made of, it’s no surprise that they wouldn’t swivel.
Wow... 😵😕

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #4,432 of 7,191
We want to make sure the units are compatible with as many devices as legally possible.

To fully charge Penrose’s battery, connect a USB-C cable between the port on the headphones and a 5V/1A charger (you can use other Amp ratings, but it must be 5V).

Can i charge it with this charger that says:
Output 2: DC 3.6V-6.5V-----------3A, 6.5V-9V-------2A, 9V-12V-----------1.5A

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #4,434 of 7,191

Ear ups did not freely swivel, and would not conform to shape of head. These actually broke while they were on my head. (Heart dropped)
How much force did you apply trying to make it swivel?

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #4,436 of 7,191
How is the sidetone on or off?

In the app shows :

Sidetone
Off

So if you see that it means if off if you see the letters off?
Because if you move the slider to the left it reads on

I think it’s off if you see „off“ but you can check it by yourself.

It’s pretty much useless in its current state as the sidetone volume is much too low.
If you move the mic directly in front of your mouth you can hear your voice if it is turned on.
But the audio seems very muffled on the other end (even it it sounds okay on sidetone) if the mic is that near.

@Audeze will there be a differentiation of BT (iOS) and Xbox volume in the Future?
i love the sound of the Penrose but the current state eliminating one of the key features for me as I won’t be able to use my phone for voice while gaming.
any Info if you will release an Xbox App for ea and settings.
thank you

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #4,437 of 7,191
How much force did you apply trying to make it swivel?
Well, i thought about how to describe this prior to them breaking. One cup had about 50% more torque than the other. The fact that one had much more torque than the other shows me there is something wrong. The cheapest headphones in my closet, has a smooth and solid swivel.
It looks like some kind of epoxy or some kind of uncured plastic at this joint.
Maybe I got unlucky.
Just be careful and consider getting an extended warranty from somewhere.
Also, nerf the DMR.

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #4,438 of 7,191
Audeze windows app in my 65 oled is way way way too small

I have the laptop to my tv. 3840x2160 and 300% size all of these recommended by windows 10

But this audeze hq is imposible to read anything. Not impossible but way too small

Any update for the app to fix that? I have others programs and they are fine
Right click on the app and click.on compatibility. From there change the high dpi settings to "system" and apply. That should now scale properly and won't be tiny anymore.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #4,439 of 7,191
Hello everyone.

@Audeze I am only using the android app (don't have Windows), but can't seem to load your EQ presets into the app (I assume you can only load into the Windows app).

Please could you provide the EQ levels you use for each preset so I can enter them manually into the app? I copied a few of them by pausing the youtube video you did introducing the presets, but you don't show all of them in the video so I could only copy a few. Your website only seems to have a link to the files that load into the windows app, it doesn't seem to show you what the EQ levels are unless you open them in the app. For example, a picture of each preset would be really helpful, so those of us who can't use the windows app (and have the android app or have access to another EQ app in the chain) could try out your recommended presets by manually entering them.

Thanks 😊

P.S. I enjoyed the video and in particular the explanation of why you made particular changes for particular reasons, would be great to have a follow up video that does the same for all the recommended presets, not just a few select ones.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #4,440 of 7,191
I wanted to follow up with my other posts regarding the charging time and battery life. Audeze told me that if I charge with 5V 2.4 amp fast charger, I would be able to charge the battery fully in 3 hours as advertised. Well, it was not the case. I could fully charge the battery with a 5V 3.0 amp fast charger in 4 hours and 15 minutes. It was 5 and a half hours with a 5V/ 1 amp standard charger. I feel like the only good thing about this headset is the sound quality; everything else is just off. I am not even getting into popping/clicking issues. If this headset is designed for console and pc gaming, they should have taken into account possible interference and range issues. I mean, many gamers want to have their router close enough to their console or pc so that they will have fast wired internet. Also, I should not have to turn off 2.4 GHz from my router to only REDUCE the popping/clicking on the Penrose X. My Astro A50's are literally next to my router, and I have never had any interference or range issues with them. I love the way the Penrose X sounds, but other than the sound, nothing works as promised. I am on the fence whether to return them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back