Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,156 of 4,465
If all go well people who got the Playstation version could be getting their by the last week of February if they order from Audeze and live in the USA.

I am okay with this
I don't though so its going to be another three weeks potentially for me. Like I said though I will wait I am not in the habit of cancelling something I want. I am going to wait till they in stock next time though. The penrose was in stock when I bought it so it was simple. This is anything but. The firmware on the Penrose had issues at the beginning and they released it. So I can only surmise that the issue with the maxwell is a big one.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #1,159 of 4,465
I don't though so its going to be another three weeks potentially for me. Like I said though I will wait I am not in the habit of cancelling something I want. I am going to wait till they in stock next time though. The penrose was in stock when I bought it so it was simple. This is anything but. The firmware on the Penrose had issues at the beginning and they released it. So I can only surmise that the issue with the maxwell is a big one.
maybe that’s what the beta testers found, and they had to fix it now implementing that fox via firmware.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #1,160 of 4,465
maybe that’s what the beta testers found, and they had to fix it now implementing that fox via firmware.
Could be there will be other issues though I think. Issues that only show up when they get into the general publics hands. We've seen it happen in other industries like Gaming for example. Those development companies test their games with teams all the way through development and miss tons of bugs which the public then tend to notice when they get their hands on it.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #1,161 of 4,465
yea b and h photo now has expected shipping date of feb 20, they have 2 day shipping so hopefully feb 23/24 for delivery
Playstation: Our current best estimate is that we'll begin shipping the by Feb 22. It may take 2-3 weeks from then to completely ship all units on hand.

So Audeze has to ship it to B & H then they have to wait into they get it then they will start to start shipping then you can add 2 days from whenever they ship them to when you will get them.

Those who bought from Audeze (people not company) themselves should most likely get them 1st.

Regardless it shouldn't be that much longer for people. ♡

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #1,162 of 4,465
As someone who waited for pe rose as well, I'm pretty sure I remember Audeze having to update the firmware on Penrose before shipping as well

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #1,163 of 4,465
Playstation: Our current best estimate is that we'll begin shipping the by Feb 22. It may take 2-3 weeks from then to completely ship all units on hand.

So Audeze has to ship it to B & H then they have to wait into they get it then they will start to start shipping then you can add 2 days from whenever they ship them to when you will get them.

Those who bought from Audeze (people not company) themselves should most likely get them 1st.

Regardless it shouldn't be that much longer for people. ♡
This is assuming they ship them out on time I am not optimistic given the delays already. A small part of me is kinda expecting more delays. Looking as mid march from suppliers.

As someone who waited for pe rose as well, I'm pretty sure I remember Audeze having to update the firmware on Penrose before shipping as well
There were issues when we got them too weren't there? They had to update the firmware early If i remember rightly.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #1,164 of 4,465
It makes sense to have the headset with the most updated firmware Audeze ending up coming up with before shipping.

I just hope everything go as plan because they ever said the firmware was 100% done. Well they did but they said they're testing it. I just hope there no issues with it and they can update the headsets.

"We're in final testing of a release candidate version of the firmware"

This is assuming they ship them out on time I am not optimistic given the delays already. A small part of me is kinda expecting more delays. Looking as mid march from suppliers.
Well the only thing that can delay now is the final test firmware messing up or having issues.

"We're in final testing of a release candidate version of the firmware"

I mean I see your point into they're shipped then we all can be happy.

There were issues when we got them too weren't there? They had to update the firmware early If i remember rightly.
Well more people getting them we're going to find issues then. I just hope post releases issues get fix kinda of fast.

Feb 8, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #1,166 of 4,465
If we have learnt anything during this process its that speed/efficiency and Audeze are terms that don't belong in the same sentence lol!
Well Audeze didn't have to make this announcement. They could of waited into the firmware was done. I believe they failed the announcement of the headset but I am going to believe this time they meant and will do what they said.

Time will tell.

Feb 8, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #1,167 of 4,465
So people saying March were right lol. It is what it is. I wish Audeze could have given us a choice if we want to get it shipped earlier and update ourselves vs waiting weeks for them to unbox, update, rebox, and ship.

Hopefully, they invest in temp workers or something to get this process going faster rather than operating with their short staff.

Feb 8, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #1,168 of 4,465
Ya we will just have to wait. I am not optimistic though I won't be pre ordering in future as I said though that's that. We know now but I am still doubting they will meet that deadline. Shipping shouldn't take 3 weeks I could send it by carrier pigeon and it would get there quicker :smiley:

Feb 8, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #1,169 of 4,465
So people saying March were right lol.
That was the funny bit in this. Some guy on reddit took it to heart when a random retailer said March, and Audeze swooped into the comment section 2 days ago to say 'not true at all, wait for our update.' And the reality is...well yeah March if we're fortunate.

I'm aware we all look dumb in this thread being whiny about a headset release, and we got some posters strangely flexing about being able to lock up $300 without a thought...like alright, but at the end of the day this is all a little bizarre considering the expertise behind the brand and the experience they had from the Penrose.

Of course, 1st world problems and all that. Ultimately it's not a big deal, it's just weird.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #1,170 of 4,465
That was the funny bit in this. Some guy on reddit took it to heart when a random retailer said March, and Audeze swooped into the comment section 2 days ago to say 'not true at all, wait for our update.' And the reality is...well yeah March if we're fortunate.

I'm aware we all look dumb in this thread being whiny about a headset release, and we got some posters strangely flexing about being able to lock up $300 without a thought...like alright, but at the end of the day this is all a little bizarre considering the expertise behind the brand and the experience they had from the Penrose.

Of course, 1st world problems and all that. Ultimately it's not a big deal, it's just weird.
Well if everything go plan it will be last February for people who bought from Audeze and live in the USA but for people who bought from other yes its March but that for the Playstation only. Who know when Xbox blessing will come.

Well boys and girls I got the updated I needed to hear.

I'm can finally leave this forum. 💜🖤💚🤍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back