Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Feb 8, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #1,141 of 4,477
Hopefully when they update the firmware they prioritize the Playstation version because they can literally send them out after update/packaging.

I know they have thousands of Xbox version that can't be send out into Microsoft will give them their blessing. So they don't have to rush to update their firmware but I have a feeling they will still do it.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #1,142 of 4,477
man that’s great news for us iphone users. that was the one thing i was worried about with using them for music with my phone . b and h photo just updated my order on the maxwell, says expected ship date of feb 20, interesting

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #1,144 of 4,477
Hopefully when they update the firmware they prioritize the Playstation version because they can literally send them out after update/packaging.

I know they have thousands of Xbox version that can't be send out into Microsoft will give them their blessing. So they don't have to rush to update their firmware but I have a feeling they will still do it.
If I was them I would get them sent out and deal with the firmware update in a day 1 patch. But they made the choice for a reason all we can do is wait.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #1,145 of 4,477
Shipping with non-final firmware just to get them out the door would be a terrible decision, especially with a product like this. Then you're going to have people receiving the product and just using it without updating the firmware, and if there are issues because of that they're gonna start showing up in product reviews online and suddenly your launch is tainted. I know we're pretty used to companies using buyers as beta testers and ironing out the kinks later, but it's a pretty poor precedent from a consumer perspective

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #1,146 of 4,477
Shipping with non-final firmware just to get them out the door would be a terrible decision, especially with a product like this. Then you're going to have people receiving the product and just using it without updating the firmware, and if there are issues because of that they're gonna start showing up in product reviews online and suddenly your launch is tainted.
It’s already tainted.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #1,147 of 4,477
Maxwell Shipping Update 2/8/23

We're very thankful to everyone for your trust and support! As many of you know, we've already manufactured our first production run of headsets in January and we were confident about starting to ship orders at that time. We were hoping to ship both Xbox and Playstation versions simultaneously.

We're in final testing of a release candidate version of the firmware, and companion apps for Windows, Mac and Android. In the meantime, we have added new features based on your feedback, including an iOS app (expected Q2).

Our sincere hope is to have software ready to go in the next week, and then our warehouse team will need to update thousands of headsets and repack them before the shipping team can begin fulfilling orders.

Playstation: Our current best estimate is that we'll begin shipping the by Feb 22. It may take 2-3 weeks from then to completely ship all units on hand.

Xbox: Maxwell Xbox is still pending Microsoft's approval, but we're pressing as hard as we can to make that happen soon.

We'll report back as we get more info, thank you all for your patience!
Thank you for the update.

Super intrigued by the "added new features based on your feedback" line. Can't wait to see what they are ♥️

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #1,148 of 4,477
It’s already tainted.

No it's a not, a vocal minority of buyers are upset about delays. That's savable once the headphones are getting in the hands of users if the response to the actual product are overwhelmingly positive. Delays can be forgotten. If you put a flawed product out those bad reviews up front would haunt it.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #1,150 of 4,477
If you put a flawed product out those bad reviews up front would haunt it.

Agreed, and this is why I'm not really that upset. I've worked with product launches before (admittedly, not headphones) and you get ONE chance to make a good impression with the consumer. If the final product actually lives up to the hype/marketing, these delays will be quickly forgotten.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,152 of 4,477
If I was them I would get them sent out and deal with the firmware update in a day 1 patch. But they made the choice for a reason all we can do is wait.
I can see your point there but this would mean they had a 1.0 firmware that can handle everything right already on the headset for those who get it and don't update it or forgot to update it. Those who updated it would get the newest firmware that would fix any issues the 1.0 firmware would of had.

Headset aren't like computer or console or phone that would forus you to update to the newest firmware.

I think the firmware they're working on is the 1.0.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #1,153 of 4,477
We all want a finished product but another 4 to 5 weeks is a little extreme really isn't it. All we can do is wait. Maybe its best for people like me not to pre order next time.

I can see your point there but this would mean they had a 1.0 firmware that can handle everything right already on the headset for those who get it and don't update it or forgot to update it. Those who updated it would get the newest firmware that would fix any issues the 1.0 firmware would of had.

Headset aren't like computer or console or phone that would forus you to update to the newest firmware.

I think the firmware they're working on is the 1.0.
I hear ya its just frustrating having to wait another 3 weeks potentially to ship.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #1,155 of 4,477
I hear ya its just frustrating having to wait another 3 weeks potentially to ship.
If all go well people who got the Playstation version could be getting their by the last week of February if they order from Audeze and live in the USA.

I am okay with this

Damn, each PS headset needs to be updated and put back into the box? That’s a damn to the poor warehouse worker, and the headphone must’ve had a serious issue to get to that point.
I don't know if they do it with all their headset I assuming they do but they're used to having alot of wires for updating / testing.

This not the Maxwell but other headset.
https://twitter.com/Audeze/status/1622634396728627200?t=yLgh8xNDr0vLA4BMfdeBGg&s=19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back