Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Feb 8, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #1,174 of 4,477
This is assuming they ship them out on time I am not optimistic given the delays already. A small part of me is kinda expecting more delays. Looking as mid march from suppliers.

There were issues when we got them too weren't there? They had to update the firmware early If i remember rightly.
Yep. We had to wait for them to update prior to sending and then had to update shortly after getting them.

Feb 9, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #1,175 of 4,477
So the earliest is mid march for the ps units?
Mid March would be my expectation in the UK. In fact it has been for a while now!

iOS app is a huge positive for me though so that’s a massive compensation for the delay in a way.

Although part of me still expects an ‘updating the headsets is taking longer than anticipated’ update at some point :ksc75smile:

Feb 9, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #1,176 of 4,477
IMG_20230209_092447.png

Feb 9, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #1,177 of 4,477
iOS app is a huge positive for me though so that’s a massive compensation for the delay in a way.
The reason that an iOS app could not be produced for Penrose, if I remember correctly, is that the chipset wasn't compliant as an MFI(?) chip was not present.

I am assuming, therefore, that this chip is present in Maxwell (unless they have managed to find another way around it)?

Feb 9, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #1,178 of 4,477
The reason that an iOS app could not be produced for Penrose, if I remember correctly, is that the chipset wasn't compliant as an MFI(?) chip was not present.

I am assuming, therefore, that this chip is present in Maxwell (unless they have managed to find another way around it)?
Must be a way around it? I’m thinking if the chip was present at outset surely they would have announced iOS support then given they knew how popular it would be?

It’s a massive positive though however they’ve sorted it.

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #1,179 of 4,477
Must be a way around it? I’m thinking if the chip was present at outset surely they would have announced iOS support then given they knew how popular it would be?

It’s a massive positive though however they’ve sorted it.
Didn't they say back with Penrose that it either had to be a MFI chip or BLE chip, which Penrose didn't have either? The Maxwell has the BLE chip, which would then mean that the iOS app is possible. I could be wrong though.
But it certainly sounded ridiculous that they might not have learnt from the Penrose by not including the appropriate chip to allow an iOS app. So this is definitely very welcome news.

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #1,180 of 4,477
Nice!

Glad to have the update, and although it's filled with 'hope' rather than definitive, that Audeze has given a finite date suggests they are working to a specific schedule now at least.

Might just get that order in.

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #1,181 of 4,477
Didn't they say back with Penrose that it either had to be a MFI chip or BLE chip, which Penrose didn't have either? The Maxwell has the BLE chip, which would then mean that the iOS app is possible. I could be wrong though.
But it certainly sounded ridiculous that they might not have learnt from the Penrose by not including the appropriate chip to allow an iOS app. So this is definitely very welcome news.
Yeah, I was just trawling through some posts and found this one from @HiFatality which is highly relevant:

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #1,184 of 4,477
Maxwell Shipping Update 2/8/23

We're very thankful to everyone for your trust and support! As many of you know, we've already manufactured our first production run of headsets in January and we were confident about starting to ship orders at that time. We were hoping to ship both Xbox and Playstation versions simultaneously.

We're in final testing of a release candidate version of the firmware, and companion apps for Windows, Mac and Android. In the meantime, we have added new features based on your feedback, including an iOS app (expected Q2).

Our sincere hope is to have software ready to go in the next week, and then our warehouse team will need to update thousands of headsets and repack them before the shipping team can begin fulfilling orders.

Playstation: Our current best estimate is that we'll begin shipping the by Feb 22. It may take 2-3 weeks from then to completely ship all units on hand.

Xbox: Maxwell Xbox is still pending Microsoft's approval, but we're pressing as hard as we can to make that happen soon.

We'll report back as we get more info, thank you all for your patience!
Hi @Audeze,

A friendly reminder, you may want to update the Maxwell product page to include “AudezeHQ App Support (Q2)” under “iOS” in “Compatibility” section.

Thank you!

A7182828-7730-44B9-95D0-231CB25C3AFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #1,185 of 4,477
Hi @Audeze,

A friendly reminder, you may want to update the Maxwell product page to include “AudezeHQ App Support (Q2)” under “iOS” in “Compatibility” section.

Thank you!

755AD30B-1946-41D1-9388-42BE184D3233.jpeg

They might not want to promise that until they actually have an app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back