Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Feb 2, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #1,006 of 4,465
Should be launching for everyone by March, according to earlier rumours.

Not going to apply to everyones use cases, but for those concerned about losing the multi-point connection this is useful.
Yea I am sure I saw someone mention we couldn’t use discord through our phones because of the multi connection but with it integrated we would be able to utilise it?

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #1,008 of 4,465
Console wars will always be funny, don't take it too seriously.

I might be out of my mind since it felt like I basically lit $300 on fire with the Penrose, but 3 years later and Audeze is still the only one attempting to fill this gap in the market. If the headband is actually durable and the wireless range is greater than 2 feet this time, I might somehow continue to fund this circus and go in on the Maxwell. The repeat of the Penrose launch issues is a comically bad omen but damn I just want the product be everything it can be this time.

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #1,009 of 4,465
Yea I am sure I saw someone mention we couldn’t use discord through our phones because of the multi connection but with it integrated we would be able to utilise it?

Yeah it would essentially become an onboard 'app' on the PS5, offering the option to squad up in Discord instead of the PS5 native party function.

Definitely cool, enabling cross-play chat without the god awful in-game chat options.

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #1,010 of 4,465
Back on topic, it's February now and there has been zero info on the Xbox versions. They should at least drop some actual knowledge on us of what is going on.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #1,014 of 4,465
I wouldnt mind seeing more videos about the non sonic related features of the headphones. If they are tweaking firmware, means DSP/sound not finalized yet so we won't find out final impressions till right before the release. My main remaining question regarding the Maxwell is how it fares in the comfort department, specifically how good the band is at weight distribution. Here is to hoping its comfortable enough to wear for longer gaming sessions.

Literally holding off playing games like Deadspace remake, God of war and Horizon zero dawn on my pc till I have the maxwell in hand since I want to get a proper experience on my first playthrough. Hope they are good for movies/videos as well.

Feb 3, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #1,016 of 4,465
Hope we get a shipping update soon. Been 2 weeks since the last one.
Yea. Would be good to at least get a PS version update on anticipated timescales. Makes me concerned that the firmware still isn't complete yet.

Last update of 'hoping' to ship in the 'next few weeks' didn't fill me with much hope for a pre March delivery?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #1,017 of 4,465
Yea. Would be good to at least get a PS version update on anticipated timescales. Makes me concerned that the firmware still isn't complete yet.

Last update of 'hoping' to ship in the 'next few weeks' didn't fill me with much hope for a pre March delivery?

Indeed.

I just sold my Penrose in preparation, but damn the wait is getting painful.

Big part of me is hoping that they're dilligently working on the firmware updates now and we'll get a 'surprise, shipping out today' - but as I remember from the identical Penrose experience, the next update by this point was 'headsets are now in-house, all hands on deck are applying the FW'.

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #1,018 of 4,465
Indeed.

I just sold my Penrose in preparation, but damn the wait is getting painful.

Big part of me is hoping that they're dilligently working on the firmware updates now and we'll get a 'surprise, shipping out today' - but as I remember from the identical Penrose experience, the next update by this point was 'headsets are now in-house, all hands on deck are applying the FW'.
Remember that well with the Penrose.

Think this time will be different - I think the current announcement on their website pretty much includes the 'applying firmware' stage - at least I hope it does.

My only concern is that if the firmware was actually finalised now, I think they'd be pretty quick to let everyone know so that the anticipation increased!!

While I won't stop checking several times a day for updates, can't help but feel it'll be a March or later release in the UK.

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #1,020 of 4,465
Xbox version will most likely be March yea they could fix the issues with the firmware in a day 1 patch like most do I can only think there’s quite a bit more wrong with the firmware for them to keep it like this.
Personally think the Xbox one will be April and beyond over here!

March if we are lucky for the PS version. Feb is a short month and we still have international shipping to take into account and then shipping from the UK retailers to us. Fingers crossed things move forward asap now. Getting fed up with wires here!

I agree that there must be something more in depth needed with the firmware - tweaks could have been dealt with with a day one update as you say. Although Audeze would probably then have been criticised for shipping an incomplete product!

Hope I'm wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back