Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Jan 31, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #976 of 4,477
Let’s change the subject to something more productive. What headset/headphone are you using right now, and outside of sound, what’s the primary feature you’re looking forward to most on the Maxwell?
After selling my Penrose am using a combination of eq'd Astro A50, Sennheiser/Drop PC37x and Sennheiser HD560s. The wired options are either via the PS5 controller or a Creative G6.

As for the Maxwell, it would have to be the battery life and most importantly, being able to ditch the wires without ditching the audio quality!

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #978 of 4,477
There is no big secret here. We will keep fine tuning these and will also work with the community in releasing a wide variety of presets for different games in future. With custom EQs we see people sharing their presets. The format is an XML file and anyone should be able to tweak it easily.
Is it possible to make those predefined preset slots also available for customization? Audeze official presets can be released as XML files for user to download.

Therefore, one may able to rearrange their favorite presets order. Keep only those one needed. For example,

Factory:
PD1 (predefined 1), PD2, …, PD6, Empty, …

Customized:
Custom 1, PD1, Custom 2, PD3, Empty, …

Empty slots will be skip automatically, and voice cue can be set through Audeze HQ,

Slot 1: voice cue#7 "EQ One", EQ 1
Slot 2: voice cue#1 "Default", EQ 2
Slot 3: voice cue#8 "EQ Two", EQ 3
Slot 4: voice cue#6 "Alternative", EQ 4

If available space is enough, additional voice cues like "Music" "Pop" "Classical" "Gaming" … can be pre-loaded onto the headset, for user to choose for their own presets.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #979 of 4,477
@Mad Lust Envy thanks for the update on the presets, they sound pretty awesome straight outta the gates!

You mentioned that you had some input/gave feedback on the intutiveness of the controls, did you get to offer feedback on the sound presets too?

I love it when you pop into threads!

Yeah that's kind of what I love about this forum. In this thread alone you have Audeze active with the community, then the head of the company just pops by occasionally, it is appreciated and makes you feel connected.

Jan 31, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #980 of 4,477
After selling my Penrose am using a combination of eq'd Astro A50, Sennheiser/Drop PC37x and Sennheiser HD560s. The wired options are either via the PS5 controller or a Creative G6.

As for the Maxwell, it would have to be the battery life and most importantly, being able to ditch the wires without ditching the audio quality!
I got a schiit hel to help with my wired headsets. Best one I could find which works in both ps5 and pc without an adapter.

Jan 31, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #985 of 4,477
Not sure how you get that from the tweet? Lol

He was joking. Like where's the tweet about actual info about getting the headphones such as Xbox certification update? But then he said, well, at least it was nice to see the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back