• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #7,411 of 7,693
Anyone can compare this Mobius with the Sennheiser 599/598 ?
The bass is heavier and deeper in Mobius or in the Sennheiser 500 series ?
I have both. The Senn 598’s are a 98 pound weakling compared to the Mobius.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #7,412 of 7,693
Anyone can compare this Mobius with the Sennheiser 599/598 ?
The bass is heavier and deeper in Mobius or in the Sennheiser 500 series ?
The open-back HD series are not full-range headphones i.e. they do not produce bass by design. They are only good for 100 Hz upwards.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #7,415 of 7,693
So the Mobius can reproduce more deeper bass ?
But the sound signature of the Mobius compared to the Sennheiser HD5xx is darker or brighter ?
I have the Sennheiser Game One and the Mobius. The Game One is a HD598 with a mic attaced. Compared to the Mobius on Stereo and default sound profile, the Game One holds its hill perfectly even from my Dell Laptop tab. The Mobius has deeper bass extension and a good bass btw, but the Game One is much more open sounding and much lighter by driver principle. Plus the Sennheiser mic is better. If you need the head tracking and the virtualization you are better off with the Mobius, at the cost of a high weight and hot ears even with the new pads. They only take longer to warm up.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #7,416 of 7,693
15548965822886601223817492620576.jpg

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #7,417 of 7,693
I have the Sennheiser Game One and the Mobius. The Game One is a HD598 with a mic attaced. Compared to the Mobius on Stereo and default sound profile, the Game One holds its hill perfectly even from my Dell Laptop tab. The Mobius has deeper bass extension and a good bass btw, but the Game One is much more open sounding and much lighter by driver principle. Plus the Sennheiser mic is better. If you need the head tracking and the virtualization you are better off with the Mobius, at the cost of a high weight and hot ears even with the new pads. They only take longer to warm up.
Sorry but i think you are in error.

Game One absolutely is not an HD500, and i think it has nothing to do with it.
I had both in the past ( Game One in lucid white version and 598, both drived with an STX II ) and the bass was Super-Enphasized in Game One compared to 598.
And the audio details of the Game One was not competitive with 598.

So the bass on Mobius compared to Game One is deeper, but the ammount of bass is more in Mobius or Game One ?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #7,418 of 7,693
So the bass on Mobius compared to Game One is deeper, but the ammount of bass is more in Mobius or Game One ?
The Mobius is superior in every way except soundstage. I personally don't care about soundstage while I'm engrossed in the content, but anything below reference level bass makes a system instantly unlistenable for me. I cannot tolerate anything other than planars, IEMs, or a full-range home theater system.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #7,419 of 7,693
Sorry but i think you are in error.

Game One absolutely is not an HD500, and i think it has nothing to do with it.
I had both in the past ( Game One in lucid white version and 598, both drived with an STX II ) and the bass was Super-Enphasized in Game One compared to 598.
And the audio details of the Game One was not competitive with 598.

The bass on the Mobius is both deeper and much more audible. And lots of people having owned both the HD598 and the Game One stated that they are quite similar rather than different.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #7,421 of 7,693
Ok thank you for answer.

But passing from default EQ to "flat" the bass behavior keep similar or can change a lot ?
Warm > Music > Default > Flat

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #7,423 of 7,693
Guys, I'm looking for a VSS solution mainly to watch movies. Currently I'm using Dolby DSPs (Dolby Headphone and Dolby Atmos for Headphones).

Having read the review of InnerFidelity on Mobius, I was convinced that Mobius' implementation is much better. But then I came across this:

I wouldn't even compare the 7.1 surround on a comparable level to good surround implementations like Creative SBX, Dolby Atmos, Sennheiser GSX. To me, those do a better job at putting more distance in rear positional cues than the Mobius implementation of 3D. However, I'd still say it's a pretty solid effort by Audeze which still works fine. Also, this could be addressed in the final product where the surround processing can be tweaked for bigger sense of space etc. I don't wanna pass final judgement until the final version, since it's still a work in progress. I recently experienced a lot of VSS solutions, and I feel most do well in surround emulation with the difference being how well they can do rear positional audio with varying levels of 'distance' between you and the cues. That and the tonal balance, which are very different with each VSS solution. I still think SBX is overall the best.

As for 3D in STEREO, well, it's actually BETTER to my ears than those previously mentioned virtual surround solutions in STEREO mode for me. VSS solutions tend to sound overly processed and just blows out the left/right channels. 3D stereo on the Audeze is literally like having two virtual speakers in front of you without too much processing in the sound, at least in direct comparison. I'd still choose plain stereo/3D off if all I got was a stereo feed, but there are times when I enjoy the feeling as if I'm just listening to front speakers instead of headphones. The headtracking also helps with this 'faux' sense of having speakers in front of you.

So, can someone compare SBX, GSX and Dolby DSPs with Mobius' VSS?

What's important for me is the customizablity. Because I like to equalize the DSPs for the most natural sound. Dolby solutions offer no EQs, what about others?

Apr 14, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #7,424 of 7,693
I have a question (because I'm too lazy to check up on this):
Am I right that in LDAC bluetooth (quality first) 3D is not an option?
I have a specific reason for wanting to know, which I'll keep to myself for the moment. But when I am connected to my LG V30 with LDAC, there's no option for 3D (which is fine and what I expect) because (IIRC) there is too much processing concentrated on making the sound optimal (which it is)
Can anyone confirm or correct me on this?

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #7,425 of 7,693
Guys, I'm looking for a VSS solution mainly to watch movies. Currently I'm using Dolby DSPs (Dolby Headphone and Dolby Atmos for Headphones).

Having read the review of InnerFidelity on Mobius, I was convinced that Mobius' implementation is much better. But then I came across this:

So, can someone compare SBX, GSX and Dolby DSPs with Mobius' VSS?

What's important for me is the customizablity. Because I like to equalize the DSPs for the most natural sound. Dolby solutions offer no EQs, what about others?
That is just my opinion between the VSS in the Mobius vs the others. We're talking oranges to slightly sweeter oranges. They're all within a few percentages from each other. The Mobius VSS is very good.

SBX implementations have EQs in their software as well as adjustability in the surround dsp room size from 0-100.

GSX, and Dolby dsps have room size adjustments, and eq presets depending on device. I have a Xonar U3 with DH that has full eq options.

Mobius has room size and eq presets.

In short I think they all have enough customization. If you're looking into the Mobius, there's no reason to look at other dsps. The one it has is all you'll need with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back