• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #6,106 of 7,693
Hey guys! Received tracking notification (from China) on the 23rd and I received them today! SO...MANY...FEATURES! It's like a swiss army knife. Pads are really soft, but I still need some adjustment coming from open headphones my whole life. I have issues with the mic. It seems to work but the volume is really low. I maxed the mic volume and still nothing. Also, it always cuts the first word I say... I need to keep investigating. Do we know if Audeze released PC software to make changes on the computer? Thanks in advance.

Sep 2, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #6,107 of 7,693
The fact that Audeze thinks it is acceptable to send shipping notifications of $200 items into spam shows how poor the leadership is in this company. I get way too much spam to ever see one email there. They seriously can't come up with a better system?

I'm pretty sure that Audeze does not dictate whether a message is flagged as spam or not. That's on google or whatever mail service you use. Google is extra cautious with over-filtering. Incidentally mine ended up in my gmail's spam folder. It was a notification from sfcservice with "On behalf of (Audeze + shipping@audeze.com), today we dispatched your order with the below information" and tracking info.

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #6,108 of 7,693
I'm pretty sure that Audeze does not dictate whether a message is flagged as spam or not. That's on google or whatever mail service you use. Google is extra cautious with over-filtering. Incidentally mine ended up in my gmail's spam folder. It was a notification from sfcservice with "On behalf of (Audeze + shipping@audeze.com), today we dispatched your order with the below information" and tracking info.
IT's a known issue. Simply telling people to deal with it by looking in their spam filters is insufficient.

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #6,109 of 7,693
The fact that Audeze thinks it is acceptable to send shipping notifications of $200 items into spam shows how poor the leadership is in this company. I get way too much spam to ever see one email there. They seriously can't come up with a better system?
Wow I couldn't help but chuckle at this comment. Do you now know how email works? Are you trolling or is this real?

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #6,110 of 7,693
What are you talking about dude? How so that a simple notification email sent by a 3PL company reflects the leadership of Audeze? Take note, it was not Audeze who sent that email.
No sht. But they can fix the issue easily, and the refuse. How about getting cc'd the notifications, and resending them from a site that doesn't read as spam by nearly all the worlds largest freemail providers?

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #6,112 of 7,693
As a tip for the future. If you add the email address of the sender to your address book, it wont go in your spam. Or if you set a filter for it, it will go where you tell it to. The email address was posted here by several users and this is how it never arrived in my spam filtered inbox.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #6,116 of 7,693
The fact that Audeze thinks it is ac
ceptable to send shipping notifications of $200 items into spam shows how poor the leadership is in this company. I get way too much spam to ever see one email there. They seriously can't come up with a better system?

No sht. But they can fix the issue easily, and the refuse. How about getting cc'd the notifications, and resending them from a site that doesn't read as spam by nearly all the worlds largest freemail providers?

I know nothing about email. I do know that I expect a tracking number that reaches my inbox. It's an engineering company. THey can't (or won't) figure this out?

8WsTL2t.jpg

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #6,118 of 7,693
Can anybody comment on the comfort and soundstage of the Mobius? I'm relatively new to planars and the only Audeze I have tried is the LCD X, but its weight was just too much for me. I noticed the Mobius is listed at "only" 350g and my Hifiman Edition X V2's are perfectly comfortable while weighing in right around 400g. The LCD X I tried had a really congested soundstage, although that was coming from my Sennheiser HD800 S, which will make most other headphones seem claustrophobic in comparison.

I wrote some initial comments on weight and overall sound a page or two before your post. And a few others who got them also wrote up stuff. Buried by all the "where my shipping#?" posts though :frowning2:

I don't have a comparison w/ the HD800 but the 590 sounds a little less open if you're in 3D mode. Soundstage is more congested than Shure 846 IEMs and vocals aren't as good IMHO but I might be used to the 846s because I use them every day.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #6,119 of 7,693
Well mine came in yesterday! My wife forgot to tell me she picked it up until this morning.

Simple grey plastic wrap around a simple brown box. Inside was a bubble wrap semi hard case with a black envelope container that had two books. One instruction book with the title "The Traveler's Handbook to the Mobius Universe" that reminds me of the hitchikers guide to the galaxy, and a basic warranty/safety handbook.

Inside the black semi-hard headphone case, which is very nice, is the headphones and coords. The coords come tucked inside a net in the top half of the case that is velcroed to itself. It's really nice too.

That being said, I'm typing this all out so far as I open it. Time to read a bit of the book and try it out. One last thing to mention. The copper color isn't all that copper I'm said to say. The images made it look like a nice bright copper color. To me in real life it looks more like a slightly shiny brown color instead. The padding is of decent thickness and the opening is just large enough for my ears. My ears do touch a bit to the padding, but it is not horrible at all. The pads are deep enough I don't touch the drivers inside with my ears at least. That is usually a worse problem for me when I experience that. The headband is nice and cushioning too. Although there is a little extra pressure at the top. It may create a hot spot there if I leave it on long enough. I'll report back on that later.

UPDATE 1
So tried just hooking up the headphones with the standard AUX cable it came with. Didn't play anything. Wouldn't turn on. Had no juice. So it doesn't seem to play without power. I plugged in the USB type C cable into my PC and let it sit a moment before trying to turn it on. It came on with the female voice inside saying "Power On" basically. After which my music was BLASTING my ears !!! I had left it playing and didn't realize it would come on like that. I quickly turned it down though.

So as I am listening I am getting some pretty bad channel imbalance. The left side is barely making any sound compared to the right side. Everything is definitely off center in orientation for me. I am not sure if that is due to the headtracking or something else going on. So not going to assume anything wrong at this point yet. Will play around with it a bit. These are just first experiences I am reporting as I am encountering them.

As far as the sound goes: it is flat bass (not basshead cans), slight mid hump forward, and definite treble sparkle/hotness. One of my go to tracks for checking high treble I put on first. Fields Of Gold by Sting. In the opening sequence there is this high 16Kish ring at the start that if a headphone has too much treble will feel like it peirces that crap out of your ears. I have several headphones I literally cannot listen to that song with as it hurts badly. This is borderline on that. I can hear the ring, but it is not super sharp at least.

Yep, it's the headtracking on the headphones. So weird that it is on by default LOL. This is so strange with the sound moving around. How does it decide what is forward position initially??? Okay time to read a bit more.

UPDATE 2
So you can re-center the head tracking position with the 3D button. Get a nice female voice saying "Centered" when doing so. Pressing it for a hold twice turns off the 3D tracking.

For a bit more on the sound. Sound stage isn't particularly wide. Its good for a closed back headphone. Imaging is great though. The headtracking, while strange initially is definitely pretty cool. Will have try it in some games later so see how that works.

One strange artifact though I noticed. Even when I turn off the head tracking feature, if I move my head fast enough the unit feels like it is still about to track for a micro second and stops itself. It's a very weird "thing" that happens with the sound. I don't think it is meant to do this. Anyone else with a unit notice it? Turn off head tracking and then move your head back and forth. More specifically move your head towards your shoulders like you are bouncing your head back and forth between your shoulders. It makes the sound "slide" around the headphones. That is the only way I can describe it. With some music I like to bob my head around and I guess I can't do that with these headphones.

So far all this is with the built in dac/amp being used from the Mobius so far through the USB-C cord. It's gets recognized in Windows as Headphones (Audeze Mobius 8CH) as a device. I'll try to use it through my audio-gd later.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #6,120 of 7,693
Got my mobius yesterday, its awesome! Thanks to Audeze for all the hard work and dedication to getting these things out.

I do have a question for everyone else though. Does anyone have a go-to USB cable to cut down on micro-phonics? The included cable certainly isn't bad, but I was thinking about maybe trying to get a longer braided cable. If no one has any specific ideas, I can be the guinea pig and buy a couple random ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back