• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #6,136 of 7,693
No lag with my LG V20 at all. Was watching a twitch stream and some youtube videos that way. Did not notice a problem. Pairing was a bit tricky, but not horrible at least. That was mainly because if it's off, but you press the button to pair then the headphones use the female voice of "Pairing" just by pressing the button whether it is on or off. However, it has to be on to pair regardless of that notification. I can't tell if it is on or off either.

Hmm,
I have a Pixel 2 XL and a 5th gen iPad. I need to test more on the pixel, could just be another issue with the awful ios11 update.

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #6,137 of 7,693
opening sequence there is this high 16Kish ring at the start that if a headphone has too much treble will feel like it peirces that crap out of your ears. I have several headphones I literally cannot listen to that song with as it hurts badly. This is borderline on that. I can hear the ring

If you go to youtube hearing test videos (the ones that ramp from 20->20Khz), do you hear stuff in the 14-18Khz range? I barely hear anything until it hits 19Khz and below 28Hz. I think riding screechy subways has killed off some of my hearing :frowning2:

I did warn about the 100% volume in my post, but thought it was limited to MacOS :)
And I agree w/ your soundstage assessment...try auto 3D mode and it's slightly better.

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #6,138 of 7,693
If you go to youtube hearing test videos (the ones that ramp from 20->20Khz), do you hear stuff in the 14-18Khz range? I barely hear anything until it hits 19Khz and below 28Hz. I think riding screechy subways has killed off some of my hearing :frowning2:

I did warn about the 100% volume in my post, but thought it was limited to MacOS :)
And I agree w/ your soundstage assessment...try auto 3D mode and it's slightly better.

Youtube automatically cuts off 15khz and above, I read somewhere. Hope your hearing is fine! :)

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #6,139 of 7,693
I agree! I just dont understand some people, they complain for just the sake of complaining without any valid reason or whatsoever. The ignore button is really our bestfriend here in head-fi.

you are joining me in the parallel universe of clone of head-fi forum? yes, ignore function is the best friend for excusing ourselves from toddlers in supposed adult bodies.

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #6,142 of 7,693
Probably not now that they use Opus.

For real?
That means my hearing IS shot above 15Khz. :frowning2:

But I can hear above 15Khz when using a tone generator.

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #6,143 of 7,693
I'm also experiencing trouble with microphone in windows 10. The windows sound settings panel shows that it's hearing my voice (I see the volume bar increasing and decreasing as I speak), but people can't hear me, and when I select "Listen" in microphone properties, I hear nothing that I say through the mic. I've tried increasing mic volume to 100%.

edit: on my second desktop (also Windows 10), when I plug in the headphone with mic already connected to the headphone, Windows automatically recognizes the mic and switches default input/recording device to "Audeze Mobius 3D 8Ch", however in this case the mic test bar is completely not reacting to any sounds, unlike the first computer.

Also, there seems to be another bug: when I unplug the microphone from the headphones, and the headphones are still plugged in via USB to the computer, and then I plug the mic attachment back in, the announcer voice says "AUX". This disables the USB mode on the headphones, and they disappear from Windows devices. Unplugging the mic again, the headphones reappear as Windows device and announcer voice in headphones says "USB". It goes back and forth as I unplug and replug the mic attachment while headphones are connected via USB to computer. Seems like what should be happening is the microphone should be enabled or disabled, instead of the headphones switching from AUX to USB mode.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #6,144 of 7,693
Youtube automatically cuts off 15khz and above, I read somewhere. Hope your hearing is fine! :)
Good to hear. I tried a test a weekend ago with my hd800s and it went quiet at 15k but game back att 16500. Felt strange to have such a hole :)

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #6,145 of 7,693
So when do non backers in the u.s start shipping?
Love how my question gets no answer but this does!
It already has. Almost every IGG order (except S Korea) has been sent to the 3PL. It should start arriving for everyone soon.
I paid almost 2x the price that backers did but apparently I'm unimportant!

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #6,148 of 7,693
Seriously though, i guess i should have backed them before full release. I would have paid less and got the royal effin treatment on top of it. Seems backwards to me to ship to people who paid less first and live further away but whatever.

That's how kickstarter-type campaigns work... The incentive to get backers is to offer low tier pricing to join sooner, and shipping is generally offered by first come first served as another incentive to join sooner. Those of us who joined the indiegogo campaign in the first two days of its start have been waiting for a LONG time (5 months) to get the headphones (though I finally got mine yesterday).

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #6,149 of 7,693
Seriously though, i guess i should have backed them before full release. I would have paid less and got the royal effin treatment on top of it. Seems backwards to me to ship to people who paid less first and live further away but whatever.

It seems backwards to you that the people who put their faith in the company and backed them with the money they needed to get the product off the ground and into production, on a platform that does not guarantee you get your money back should the backing fail, no less, get their product first? Backers took a risk, albeit not a great one since it's Audeze but a risk nonetheless, at getting nothing for what they put into it. Now they're being rewarded for their faith and patience as well as their contribution. Seems like they're doing it right to me.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #6,150 of 7,693
It seems backwards to you that the people who put their faith in the company and backed them with the money they needed to get the product off the ground and into production, on a platform that does not guarantee you get your money back should the backing fail, no less, get their product first? Backers took a risk, albeit not a great one since it's Audeze but a risk nonetheless, at getting nothing for what they put into it. Now they're being rewarded for their faith and patience as well as their contribution. Seems like they're doing it right to me.
That's your opinion, mine is i paid more money and i live in the U.S so i should atleast have mine before other countries even if they are backers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back