• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #5,806 of 7,693
So where are the impressions of people that are getting their mobius today ?!

EDIT:

I just decided randomly to check the indiegogo comment section.. omg what was that for? I lost IQ points (of my already low IQ) reading that thing

person, you made me go and read it too :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #5,807 of 7,693
Cyberpunk 2077 on PC with Audeze Mobius :L3000::L3000:
By the time CP2077 comes out I plan to have Audeze planar drivers somehow installed directly into my skull. I will probably also spring for the optional 3D tracking, etc. features by way of the license key stuck in my...

Been waiting 5 years so far...? Even with 50 min gameplay vid they still haven't posted release date... 2019 I guess?

I am hoping that the sound design for CP2077 is excellent, and it wouldn't surprise me if they feed HRTF processed audio (like Hellblade) to aid in immersion which seems to be a huge focus for this particular RPG. If they do, hopefully CP2077 allows us to turn HRTF *off* so that we can use Audeze processing instead... UNLIKE Hellblade :frowning2:.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #5,809 of 7,693
@MICHAELSD - any more impressions to add now that you've had the unit for a while?

Is it pretty much replacing all your other headphones, or has it's own place in in your lineup?

Tried it on PC for games and movies?

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #5,810 of 7,693
I know there aren't any standalone LDAC transmitters yet, but are there any standalone AAC transmitters? I know my LG V20 will have LDAC "eventually" but, who knows when that will be...

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #5,814 of 7,693
Manny of the features were tuned and designed with many beta testers. For Mobius sidetone is a bit more important than other headphones because of 3D features. We have to consider many other things when designing immersive head-tracking 3D.

The microphone with Mobius is a directional microphone that attenuates the sound not coming directly to it. For example the mechanical keyboard noise is picked up less compared to your voice. MLE even posted some voice samples a few weeks ago. The original design did not have this feature and we redesigned it in March to include the directionality and noise attenuation after feedback from Gamers using it.. We already have some people using it for competitive gaming.
The latest firmware on the Mobius (currently shipping) has a slightly improved sidetone control compared to the original units delivered last month. We will look into all the feedback and improve the mobius in future through Firmware or software updates.

This sounds a bit like a run around answer that still doesn't explain why there isn't at least the option to turn it off should it not be desired. I am also genuinely curious how keeping it on is more important because of the 3D features? The microphone itself isnt 3D is it? Nobody else that I will be transmitting my voice to will ever hear anything resembling 3d, especially when the microphone is going to follow my head wherever it goes.

I gotta be honest, I am still not seeing any reason here why it HAS to be on, again, why not give users the option to turn it off? Unless there is some technical reason here that I am not seeing, I just don't get it.

And I personally just have no desire to hear myself in my headphones or potentially hear any other sounds (regardless of how directional the mic is, my mechanical keyboard will almost certainly be picked up) while I am gaming and trying to have a conversation with people online, in the same way that I have no desire to hear my own voice in my earpiece when on the phone with someone. I can understand having it on to ensure it sounds right initially, but after that...

I should also note that I don't have my headphones yet, so I obviously cannot tell how much the sidetone might bother me. I just know that with every other microphone hooked up to a computer that I have ever owned, I have never once used sidetone, and have no desire to.

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #5,815 of 7,693
Thanks!

Mine says Expected Delivery is August 31st (Seattle-area)

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #5,816 of 7,693
Other way, sorry!

Keep last 22 digits

Was in the batch that SFC had on 8/23. Delivery to SoCal estimated on Saturday, 9/1

uhg, mine was in that SFC batch on 8/23, no movement on there and the dhl tracker gives me "no results" for the last 22, or full version tracking numbers, and usps is still awaiting, and nothing in my usps informed delivery. the wait is brutal, hope mine didn't get lost in the batch!

Aug 30, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #5,819 of 7,693
At least you guys have tracking numbers. Audeze confirmed with me that my Mobius "should be shipping in the next batch" more then 1 week ago now, and I've still received no tracking info at all.
Backer 21xx (somewhere around there).

I'm in the same boat as you. Nothing we can really do but wait. I'm impatient as hell though. Lol. And I'm about the same as far as backing.

Aug 30, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #5,820 of 7,693
This sounds a bit like a run around answer that still doesn't explain why there isn't at least the option to turn it off should it not be desired. I am also genuinely curious how keeping it on is more important because of the 3D features? The microphone itself isnt 3D is it? Nobody else that I will be transmitting my voice to will ever hear anything resembling 3d, especially when the microphone is going to follow my head wherever it goes.

I gotta be honest, I am still not seeing any reason here why it HAS to be on, again, why not give users the option to turn it off? Unless there is some technical reason here that I am not seeing, I just don't get it.

And I personally just have no desire to hear myself in my headphones or potentially hear any other sounds (regardless of how directional the mic is, my mechanical keyboard will almost certainly be picked up) while I am gaming and trying to have a conversation with people online, in the same way that I have no desire to hear my own voice in my earpiece when on the phone with someone. I can understand having it on to ensure it sounds right initially, but after that...

I should also note that I don't have my headphones yet, so I obviously cannot tell how much the sidetone might bother me. I just know that with every other microphone hooked up to a computer that I have ever owned, I have never once used sidetone, and have no desire to.
It is as straight forward an answer we can give. We have been testing internally and with beta testers and found a little bit of sidetone very helpful with 3D and headtracking on. No one has said it is bothersome and so far everyone also likes the microphone quality. We have recived some comments about side tone, mostly from people who have not received the unit. In our testing of on mobius and also in our lightning cables, when we turned off the side-tone, many people complained.
We will continue to monitor the feedback and add/modify features if it will be helpful to our customers. The unit already has hundreds of features and the UI is very complicated. So before we add any features, we will evaluate it and also take feedback into consideration. We have demonstrated we take feedback seriously and have improved our products and feature set with almost all our headphones. We will continue to do so in future.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back