• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #5,821 of 7,693
It is as straight forward an answer we can give. We have been testing internally and with beta testers and found a little bit of sidetone very helpful with 3D and headtracking on. No one has said it is bothersome and so far everyone also likes the microphone quality. We have recived some comments about side tone, mostly from people who have not received the unit. In our testing of on mobius and also in our lightning cables, when we turned off the side-tone, many people complained.
We will continue to monitor the feedback and add/modify features if it will be helpful to our customers. The unit already has hundreds of features and the UI is very complicated. So before we add any features, we will evaluate it and also take feedback into consideration. We have demonstrated we take feedback seriously and have improved our products and feature set with almost all our headphones. We will continue to do so in future.

Your team couldn't be asked to do a better job either!

This product was the first I'd heard of your company, and after losing out with the Ossic, I was very cautious about getting behind another up and coming product.
The more I read about your products and the technology which you've put into these headphones, the more glad I've become Ossic did flop, because I wouldn't have ever considered purchasing these Mobius otherwise.

Couple that with your keen interaction with the community, and not to mention your legendary recall repair, I think I won't be needing to look elsewhere for a quality product!

I'll be keeping a keen eye on your iSine 10 too, when they come on sale again I'm really considering purchasing a pair for my little brother who's learning music production, ought to cover his birthday present from me for the next 10 years!

All that aside, if I ever make it back to the states you bet I'm going to come knocking, I'd love to have a look at your facility and meet some faces.

Thanks for doing what you do, and I hope this Mobius pays off for you!

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #5,825 of 7,693
Guys, I'm losing my mind. Last night I was dreaming about my long awaited SPAM message. The problem was thou that I received an email from SFS, not an SFC, but before I figured it out, I woke up.
Hope I would receive my tracking number tomorrow as I don't know what else is going to happen to me next few days :D

I feel like a drug addict but please, send more reviews, pictures, opinions ANYTHING! :)
Especially I would love to hear your impressions how DOOM soundtrack sounds on Mobius. I asked it before but it was ignored :frowning2:

We are just a few days/week from getting our headphones guys!

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #5,826 of 7,693
It is as straight forward an answer we can give. We have been testing internally and with beta testers and found a little bit of sidetone very helpful with 3D and headtracking on. No one has said it is bothersome and so far everyone also likes the microphone quality. We have recived some comments about side tone, mostly from people who have not received the unit. In our testing of on mobius and also in our lightning cables, when we turned off the side-tone, many people complained.
We will continue to monitor the feedback and add/modify features if it will be helpful to our customers. The unit already has hundreds of features and the UI is very complicated. So before we add any features, we will evaluate it and also take feedback into consideration. We have demonstrated we take feedback seriously and have improved our products and feature set with almost all our headphones. We will continue to do so in future.

Fair enough. I guess the big question from me is still why is it not toggleable? I imagine it would be somewhat trivial to make it toggleable, even if it defaults to on. Having used headphones with microphones and virtual surround, I personally have never felt the need to have a sidetone. But, at the moment I will give you guys the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgement on this until I actually have the unit in hand and can actually hear first hand whether or not its something that might bother me.

Looking forward to team blue getting some shipping notifications soon!

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #5,827 of 7,693
Fair enough. I guess the big question from me is still why is it not toggleable? I imagine it would be somewhat trivial to make it toggleable, even if it defaults to on. Having used headphones with microphones and virtual surround, I personally have never felt the need to have a sidetone. But, at the moment I will give you guys the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgement on this until I actually have the unit in hand and can actually hear first hand whether or not its something that might bother me.

Looking forward to team blue getting some shipping notifications soon!

Once you receive your Mobius, it will be clear as day. There is a way to to effectively turn off side-tone, it is just not a toggle switch. We have to be careful how we add features. Every feature we add is another button combination (affects usability) and another voice cue (takes more memory), we are at a point where we may as well implement a Morse code :)

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #5,828 of 7,693
Once you receive your Mobius, it will be clear as day. There is a way to to effectively turn off side-tone, it is just not a toggle switch. We have to be careful how we add features. Every feature we add is another button combination (affects usability) and another voice cue (takes more memory), we are at a point where we may as well implement a Morse code :)

I didnt think of it that way, that in the absense of control software, everything will need to be added as a button press combination. I was just thinking of it in terms of a toggle in the windows software. And if there is a way to effectively turn it off thats totally fine by me. I dont need a physical toggle switch, just all the reports so far have been people saying its on and thats that. Again. I will reserve judgement until I have mine on hand and can actually tell for myself.

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #5,829 of 7,693
Just got the Mobius in the mail, thanks for the help Audeze.

Quick thoughts: I prefer Music profile over default, female vocals = heaven, planar is amazing for female vocals in general from my experience. Head tracking is really unique when you actually experience it for the first time.

Like 90% of headphones, the Mobius are too small for my very oddly shaped head. (most headphones of any brand I have to add extra padding at top, because the distance from my ears to top of skull is shorter than majority of humans for some reason. ip of my ear is curling there, so if i lower them any on headband, they get loose and curl my ear more. there is nothing Audeze or any company can do to help this, I just didn't develop right LOL I really need to invest in one of ZMF's pilot pads, and just use double sided tape to add it to all my headphones. picture below: audeze on its shortest settings it will go, and its curling top of my ear pretty good.

I hear 0 hiss btw, not sure what y'all are smoking, but i can't hear any at all, maybe I damaged my hearing to much over the years lol

2976e4263f.png

5752ea9f8e.png

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #5,831 of 7,693
I hear 0 hiss btw, not sure what y'all are smoking, but i can't hear any at all, maybe I damaged my hearing to much over the years lol

Well they did fix the hiss issue...

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #5,835 of 7,693
@Audeze @KMann

Regarding Sidetone, I want to give my 0,20 cents.

Have you ever considered it might be test group bias, a group of which isn't either particularly interested in the feature or have much of a personal experience or perhaps isn't able to tell whether or not they like it as there's no on/off toggle and if they had that ability they would likely be able to better tell if they like it more when it's on or off, if they like it more, one way or another, not just "not bothered by", it's still an useful toggle to exist.

I've had personal experience with sidetone, I'd say there's cases it's good and cases it's bad, it all depends on the user base and slightly bit down to preferences as well (some people just simply don't like hearing their own voice and is somewhat "creepy").

Which comes down to when is it good? I'd say the best possible case scenario is outside of gaming, during VoIP sessions, meetings and when ambient noise levels are higher to avoid making you shout.

When is it bad? During competitive play. Competitive gaming is all about making sure you have the best possible ability to win over your opponent. There is visual clarity aspect (how "clear" is the overall visibility and free from visual clutter, effects and such), then there is aural clarity the same as the former but regarding sound, making sure there's no "excess noise" or whatever that distracts you from hearing the details you want to hear. Pros go the long distance to make visual clarity as good as possible by monitor and ini tweaks (as far as it's allowed that is) and the same regarding sound. If there's a way to reduce a loud rocket launcher firing blast, they will do it so the important details of your opponent or other important aural information doesn't go lost. That's where sidetone comes in, while you speak you'd be able to hear the ingame sounds worse, which could be the difference of a frag or death. For the same reason I'd also see custom EQ ability a valuable option as I'd expect some pro gamers might find it beneficial to perhaps give 6~10kHz range a 2~3dB boost and bass range maybe 2~3dB reduction in order to hear the critical details better (as if it's anything by the typical Audeze house sound the headphone is somewhat on the smooth and warm side where pro gamers often prefer the sound leaning ever so slightly towards the bass light and bright side)

I understand competitive play mentality as I've been there, after all I use a 240Hz monitor and been doing ini tweaks and such for several games I play more competitively that hurts image quality for sake of better visibility etc. I also follow e-sports a lot and I know for certain some players would want to turn off sidetone for the sake of hearing the ingame sounds as well as possible (footsteps in particular).

Which brings to my point, if you get successful within e-sports scene, there's far bigger growth potential than your LCD line could ever bring as the market is bigger and it also is very effective way to advertise towards regular gamers who follow the e-sports scene. I'd hate to see Mobius being rejected on the e-sports scene for such a small detail as not being able to toggle Sidetone off.

The sidetone doesn't need physical button toggle, it ONLY needs an on/off toggle inside the software as that's where 95% of the need would be. I'm a power user, the more options the merrier as it means I'm more likely able to configure stuff the way I want them to be, options are GOOD.

I hope you don't take the sidetone toggle lightly as I want Mobius to become as widely adapted as possible and I think it has such a HUGE potential in the e-sports market where I'd start paying more attention to as far as feedback goes as that would lead to the biggest potential market growth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back